Wiki Posts
Search

The Best 17.5

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GLwagon
My AI Pro smoked (literally smoke rolling) after a couple of weeks, on their 10.5 & geared respectively.... no shut down, no warning.

Id say it would be ok on a 13.5 or higher... They say it can go lower than the 10.5 I have.
I wouldn't.

After 3 weeks they still haven't looked at it either.
LRP=
Let
Racers
Pay

For our R&D

Not enough testing before release. Good luck with warranty.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
You're not likely to find a sensorless 17.5 available anywhere. You CAN run sensored motors with a sensorless controller, but the high turn spec motors don't tend to work very well with a sensorless controller.

If you're looking for a sport type setup, the Novak Havok might be a good choice. I'd choose a Tekin RS with their 17.5, but to unlock all the performance of the Tekin RS, you'd need the Hotwire programming interface. If you're looking to stay with a sport type package, that might be more complexity than you want.
I was looking at a Hobby Wing eZRun sensorless 17.5 @ http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=425 . I think it is the same as the speed passion 17.5 and the Exige 2.0 controller. Anybody have experiences good/bad with these?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
LRP=
Let
Racers
Pay

For our R&D

Not enough testing before release. Good luck with warranty.
Funny, my first brushed spedo from LRP smoked the first run in the drive way. I drove down to Costa Mesa where they were located at the time and had them replace it.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
I was looking at a Hobby Wing eZRun sensorless 17.5 @ http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=425 . I think it is the same as the speed passion 17.5 and the Exige 2.0 controller. Anybody have experiences good/bad with these?
I have the HobbyWing 60A ESC and the 8.5T motor in my Slash. It's great! I would stay away from the 35A version and the 9T and up motors for anything heavier than a 1:10 buggy.

J
Old 04-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
Funny, my first brushed spedo from LRP smoked the first run in the drive way. I drove down to Costa Mesa where they were located at the time and had them replace it.
Yeah, the brushed speed controls were better in longevity and in warranty. LRP used to offer a lifetime warranty at one time. When they went to brushless they cut it back to three months. I kind of got the idea that they knew they had reliability issues but were still releasing product.

It would be nice if everyone could just drive down to their building, their current policy is to charge you 20 some dollars to mail it back if it is denied warranty or they can't fix it. Nothing worse than having to pay to have garbage delivered.