Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01 >

M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01

M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01

Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Diff housings

Just curious, has anyone needed to replace a diff housing for one of these yet? I had a bearing seize and melt the inside of the diff housing and ordered the replacemnet part listed in the manual as TT01-24A from RcMart only to find that it is completely incompatible and has entirely different mounting holes. I have left emails with 3 racing and with RcMart and had no response.

My experience so far with this chassis has not been a pleasurable one to say the least. I found it a little frustrating to build with lots of small intricate parts that annoyingly fall out all over the place when assembling. The instructions seem a little brief and non descriptive, I have had lots of trouble with front drive shafts falling out, I have had suspension arms split along the seems with only minor knocks, not to mention the trouble with parts and after sales service. My advice although the car does perform well when going, would probably be to seriously consider the alternatives.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

I've run mine fairly hard over the last couple of weeks.
The only problems I've had have been the same problems I had with the TT01 parts in the first place. I did, however, replace the suspension spacers (those plastic clips) with proper aluminum suspension spacers. It means I can't change the length of the wheelbase in a hurry, but I wont be losing them in a hurry.

I've also found the stock gearing from the TT01 to be very slow. Need to up the gearing.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by clittle
I've run mine fairly hard over the last couple of weeks.
The only problems I've had have been the same problems I had with the TT01 parts in the first place. I did, however, replace the suspension spacers (those plastic clips) with proper aluminum suspension spacers. It means I can't change the length of the wheelbase in a hurry, but I wont be losing them in a hurry.

I've also found the stock gearing from the TT01 to be very slow. Need to up the gearing.

I tend to agree. The little plastic spacers are a little povo. The aluminium spacers sound like a good idea! Can you buy these seperately and if so where from?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

I used suspension spacers that I had originally bought for my touring cars. They come as a separate pack that contains .5, 1, 1.5 and 2mm sizes. The set I got were from Tamiya. I'm sorry, I can't remember the spare part number.

Originally Posted by DP2175
I tend to agree. The little plastic spacers are a little povo. The aluminium spacers sound like a good idea! Can you buy these seperately and if so where from?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

I bought my 3 Racing conversion kit last Fall and have only been able to drive it a few times as my other cars keep me busy racing and no class to race in for this one. The build was fun. I got a used TT-01 for $40 bucks and used it for the parts I needed. I put in a Tamiya black can for a motor and a 23 tooth pinion with the stock spur gear from the TT-01. The 19 was really slow. I upgraded the steering rack because the plastic one broke the first time I drove/crashed it into the boards. I went with aluminum steering knuckles and Tamiya mini dog bones because the conversion ones were too bulky and would spit out on cornering. I have only tried the short wheelbase as I do not have any medium wheelbase bodies. One problem I have had is under hard acceleration the rear gears make a grinding noise. Can't figure this out and everything rolls nice and smooth without any bind either. Also, the battery would pop out going around left hand corners so I built a little fence to hold it in.

See pics...
Attached Thumbnails M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01-img_5413.jpg   M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01-img_5414.jpg   M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01-img_5415.jpg   M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01-img_5416.jpg   M Chassis Conversion Kit For TT01-E & TT01-img_5417.jpg  

Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MultiRacer
...One problem I have had is under hard acceleration the rear gears make a grinding noise. Can't figure this out and everything rolls nice and smooth without any bind either. ...
I have a similar problem with the rear diff. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet but I have a feeling there might be a shim or 2 needed in there to align the diff gear with the gear on the end of the shaft better.

It's really noticable when you spin out and are going backwards, then try to bring the car forwards again... grrrriiii... not the nicest sound in the world.

I've converted from a normal TT01 up to this, anyone gone from a TT01E and have the same problem?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi i have got myself one of these kits i was thinking of using tt01 ball diffs by 3 racing and m chassis ujs has anyone got this combo ? i have read somewhere the ujs are a little long and bind ! any one had a problem?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy p
Hi i have got myself one of these kits i was thinking of using tt01 ball diffs by 3 racing and m chassis ujs has anyone got this combo ? i have read somewhere the ujs are a little long and bind ! any one had a problem?
Good question. I have been using the 3 Racing cup joints and ujs in the front of mine without any problems allbeit I am still running the origial diffs and I'm not sure that would make any difference anyway?

Never even thought of checking the m chassis ujs, but I guess if they're the same length as the 3 Racing ones I can't see how there would be any problems. Having said that, nothing would surprise me with this chassis though. I have experienced all sorts of wierd stuff!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rear diff grinding

Just a heads up, I added 2 0.2mm spacers in between the bearing and the rear diff on the right hand side. No more grinding and it runs like a charm.

Last edited by clittle; 03-19-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Spelling....
Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Just wondering, would this kit work if I wanted to use a HSP instead of the TT01 as the host car for parts??
Just what TT01 parts are needed that couldnt be substituted with parts from another car?? Of course I will have to drill some new holes in the chassis.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

The main parts that are required from the TT01 are the knuckles, diffs and the front and back diff bulkheads/covers... Other than that it'S pretty much all new.

I'm not familiar with the HSP, so I can't comment on your first question, sorry.

Originally Posted by 1101
Just wondering, would this kit work if I wanted to use a HSP instead of the TT01 as the host car for parts??
Just what TT01 parts are needed that couldnt be substituted with parts from another car?? Of course I will have to drill some new holes in the chassis.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Hi there. What bearing set is required for this??
M03 or TT01 ??

Does anyone have a list of the bearing sizes needed-then I could get them cheaper in time for the build up (just waiting for delivery of kit)

Also, what parts should be swapped out/upgraded. Some of the parts look pretty cheap (arms & dogbones). ??
Ive ordered M03 swing shafts/CVD's & metal centre shaft.

Cheers.
Im building up without a donor kit, will post update when its complete.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

For simplicity, the TT-01 bearing kit is the one you want. The upgrades you mentioned are worth doing. The stock dogbones on the front like to pop out, so mini size universals are the way to go. Spindles are worthwhile too. The only piece that has broken on me so far was the steering rack. It is black plastic and I upgraded to the bling blue one. The battery likes to fall out on corners so you can make a battery fence out of leftover parts trees and drill holes in the FRP frame to bolt it in. Fun car but I don't get much chance to drive it.

John K
Old 04-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info. I'll get the steering rack u/g as well. I thought I could build it without a TT01 (& just buy a few TT parts), but no

So I'm going to get a TT01 for the parts I need (cheaper than buying these parts separatley)
Do I need a TT01e, or will a TT01 work just as well for a donor car??
The manual only only gives TT01e parts listings, I'm guessing the std TT10 will work ?? The diff housing's arnt quite the same.

The conversion kit chassis seems a bit thin & flexy.
Will the Tamiya carbon upper deck fit the conversion kit??

cheers
Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

I'm thinking about adding this to the car as a cheap stickpack/lipo box
really cheap $$

RC10 black battery boxes
Part #6334

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.