Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIP Tweak station question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default MIP Tweak station question

May sound like a stupid question, how do you correctly use this tool? I got 3 round silver stickers but don't know where they go. On the ends of the screw?
Also, when tweaking the car, do you just centre one end (non pivot end) by letting the car sit there or are you suppose to use some sort of pin?

Just want to know how to use it properly!

thanks in advance!
Old 12-04-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MIP Tweak station question

Originally posted by asimo
May sound like a stupid question, how do you correctly use this tool? I got 3 round silver stickers but don't know where they go. On the ends of the screw?
Also, when tweaking the car, do you just centre one end (non pivot end) by letting the car sit there or are you suppose to use some sort of pin?

Just want to know how to use it properly!

thanks in advance!
The silver round stickers are not for the feet . they are weights. Thet aere used to balance the front beam.
they way you use the station is set the car on it . make sure it is centered. Compress thecar a couple times to settle the suspension then look to see where the bubble is . adjust then spring tension on the shocks until you get the bubble centered in the site hole. Flip the car from end to end now check the rear it should be centered if not adjust. now flip end to end one more time and check one more time should be good to go
Old 12-04-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Yup, the little dots with sticky backing are used to ballance the front bar. Put the back peices together, level everything using the front section as a level. Use the screws to adjust level. Once you get the rear and center sections levled... put the front peice in place. If the front peice doesn't level correctly with nothing on it, use the little dots to ballance it. Once you've ballanced the front, you don't really need to repeat that process again, unless one of the dots falls of or something... The other steps have to be done each time you set up the tweak station.

You center the car on both the front and back peices... once the station is leveld, the car is in place (centered), you use the bubble level on the front to adjust tweak to 'zero'... At least for road course, I beleive the idea is to get it to level or zero tweak...

For oval, we almost always have some tweak in the left rear... I use mine by putting some weight on the oposit side, that is equal to the amount of tweak I want... but this is a road course section... so you probably don't care about that.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There is a very long thread on setups and setting the suspension if you search for it you will find what you see here and many other questions.

I don't mean to sound hateful so don't take it that way, but you guys would find a LOT of information without repetition if you learn to use the search engine at the top of the page.

Hasta,
Old 12-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Read this. It will help you...

http://www.cmcc.org.uk/review_miptweak.asp
Old 12-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

Thanks guys!

Just trying to center the car takes abit of time but it's a pretty cool gadget!

I'll use it to tweak my can of coke tomorrow at the track!

Thanks again!