Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC4 Front CVD replacement options >

TC4 Front CVD replacement options

TC4 Front CVD replacement options

Old 06-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TC4 Front CVD replacement options

Hi Folks. New to the forum but old in RC racing.

I have a brand new TC4 that I am loving so far except one thing. The front cvds don't have enough travel in them for full steering. I researched and found the LOSA 3344 trick, but those parts are near impossible to find now, and saw a Youtube vid where a guy fixed it using Associated parts, but he didn't list part numbers or what they came off of, so not much help there. I would like to run full steering and not adjust with dual rates. Does anyone know of a solution with a different double-jointed part than the 3344?
Old 06-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are really two tc4 DCJ mods:
#1: BERT mod losi losa3344...
#2: Will mod tc6.2 DCJ(#31632)+ tc6.2 steering hubs...
The Will mod might also clear the way for you to use other manufacturer's DCJ drives with 5mm axles, but you will need to fit/shim them correctly... Cheers.....
Old 06-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome. Thank you so much for your help! Do you mean the caster blocks, or the steering arms?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Derfel

I have a brand new TC4 that I am loving so far except one thing. The front cvds don't have enough travel in them for full steering. I researched and found the LOSA 3344 trick, but those parts are near impossible to find now, and saw a Youtube vid where a guy fixed it using Associated parts, but he didn't list part numbers or what they came off of, so not much help there. I would like to run full steering and not adjust with dual rates. Does anyone know of a solution with a different double-jointed part than the 3344?
Check out TC4 thread, TC7 arms and CVD's
Old 06-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Tc7 arms chubs steering knuckles and dcjs. It a laundry kist of parts but it will work.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

You probably don't need the TC7 arms. TC7 knuckles plus either TC7 or TC6.1/6.2 C hubs are probably sufficient. You can use TC6.1/6.2 knuckles but the TC7 ones are closer to TC4 geometry regarding bump steer. You'll also need appropriate hardware (eg ball bearings, king pin bushings).
Old 06-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Not the caster blocks. Steering arms/hubs are where the bearings fit to hold the axles... There seems to be another tc7 DCJ mod coming up for the tc4 soon... The tc4 is so versatile....wow.... Cheers....
Awesome. Thank you so much for your help! Do you mean the caster blocks, or the steering arms?
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Derfel; there is a TC4 thread in here that beats this subject to death. I have a TC4 and never had this problem. The thread address's using double jointed CVJ's and using a dremel tool to shave a a little off your steering knuck's to rid yourself of this problem.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1spunspur
Hi Derfel; there is a TC4 thread in here that beats this subject to death.
I know this is old but looking for that thread, just picked up one for cheap and looking to see what can be done. Thanks.

Let the flat side drag!

Old 03-27-2019, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cphase
I know this is old but looking for that thread, just picked up one for cheap and looking to see what can be done. Thanks.

Let the flat side drag!
Team Associated TC4