Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
If moving the LiPo outward isn't the correct way to balance the car, then i'm really interested to know what is the right way..........
They did not move the lipo out, they cut the chassis down.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
They did not move the lipo out, they cut the chassis down.
Sorry, just as Matt said the battery position is further out.

No other way to get correct balance.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CA

No dude, the chassis is narrower than the previous one and the battery is further out

Last edited by abailey21; 11-10-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CA

Look at Blacked out revo's car. His battery is not moved out, his motor is pushed in, and his is balanced perfect.

So this chassis is just to make the car have less chassis scrub and slow the car down. There is a down fall, that your battery is hanging off with nothing to save it if you use the tape only option. But I like it. I'm glad I waited for this and not just a regular MI4.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

New car looks sweet.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Owen Racing - No offence, but I have an Mi4LP chassis sat on my desk as i type this! So I have a good idea what it actually looks like it. The Chassis is narrower, and the LiPo is moved out. For those LiPo's that have the regulation humps in the bottom, there are holes in the chassis that capture those, and locate the battery. For those that don't have humps, some Carbon locators to fix to the battery. There is also the carbon plate that goes around the outside of the battery - this should give the battery quite a bit of protection I would think. I have been running without this, with no real problems, so adding this should just improve it further.

The overall effect of all of this, is a balanced car with no extra weight added, and nothing else moved (except that battery as we've just said).
Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Look at Blacked out revo's car. His battery is not moved out, his motor is pushed in, and his is balanced perfect.

So this chassis is just to make the car have less chassis scrub and slow the car down. There is a down fall, that your battery is hanging off with nothing to save it if you use the tape only option. But I like it. I'm glad I waited for this and not just a regular MI4.

Don't wish to appear rude but i'm 'fairly' clued up to give the correct information on this.

The battery has to be moved out to get the best left to right balance, period.

The lipo protector as seen in the pics (included in the kit) is there to protect the lipo.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CA

Don't wish to appear rude but i'm 'fairly' clued up to give the correct information on this.

The battery has to be moved out to get the best left to right balance, period.

The lipo protector as seen in the pics (included in the kit) is there to protect the lipo.
I was not trying to be rude or infer that you were not of knowledge. But the lipo does not have to be moved out to have dialed balance.

I don't wanna run the lipo protector. It look's cheesy, period. It makes it look like it was done after the fact. I don't wanna spend my hard saved cash and then have to run something that looks like that. My stuff is all anodized and color matched because I want my money pit to be awesome looking.

Curious, what electronics are you running to get the balance like that? That may make the difference rite there. Servo, esc, RX, motor position.

-Mike
Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I run a 9551 servo, FASST RX, SPX esc with a milled down heatsink, and a duo motor. Tranny flipped, motor pushed in, and thunderpower 40C 5000 pack. And it balances out fine. Its not 100% on the money, but its just a hair off. Only lead on my car is down the center of the chassis to keep the lipo from moving in and hitting the spur

I run the same laptimes the local fast guys do no problem, I just need to not get to wild and then pound the wall So weather its dead on or not doesnt worry me, because my car isnt whats holding me back at all

I think in one sense the new chassis is cool, and in another I dont like it. With the new chassis it allows people that run lipos with bumps on them to push there lipo out and move the motor in. But if someone has a flat bottom pack I dont think it makes a difference. But I dont like the tray to hold the batts in, never have, and never will run one. Having a thinner chassis so it doesnt rub the ground is good, my chassis is all rubbed off on the sides, but again my car isnt what is holding me back from going faster. And the local fast guys arent slow

I do think it was a good move to do a S1 car, the 350 dollar price tag will lure alot more people in that want to try a Schuie. Plus the S1 top deck and chassis will be a nice tuning option. And lowered the price on the carbon car. Black pulleys are sweet, same with the spur gears
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

I have run the narrow chassis without the "tray" so it's not the end of the world if you don't fancy it. I have run both flat bottomed (without any locators) and ones with humps.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

I have run the narrow chassis without the "tray" so it's not the end of the world if you don't fancy it. I have run both flat bottomed (without any locators) and ones with humps.
But still the lipo hangs off the edge of the chassis, or no?

I mean last race I was at I got driven through bad. I have imprints of my motor in my body And my motor is pushed in maybe a mm away from being flush with my chassis. I dont want my lipos getting smashed from some guy that drives like a moron you know?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

If moving the LiPo outward isn't the correct way to balance the car, then i'm really interested to know what is the right way..........
Best is to have about the same weight on both sides the same distance from center. This allows the chassis to roll side to side equally (speed and angle). It is however becoming harder to do with the lower weights and running lipo. With the Mi4 switched belts, push your electronics in closer to the belts as well if possible.

Seaball, I do agree however, it is nice that they are rolling with the running changes.

About the humps, one then has even more limited choice where to place lipo depending on battery of choice. However some of the choices also have the option to plug in upside down just for that very reason.

Either way, I would place a $100 bill that the car will be just fine at both club and pro level. (Would bet more, but then I am out of my monthly RC gas money lol)
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am really impressed with Schumacher and can't wait to get an Mi4LP. and for a soon to be newbie to on-road the S1 kit is perfect. I've wanted a Cat SX for a while now and then when I start looking into a 2wd buggy rumour spreads that schuey is working on one. Maybe I can get a deal for buying three kits at once
Old 11-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Well to cut off the new mi4 topic.

I finally finished up my car. 9551 servo, 4PK, SPX, duo. Anodized black, grey belts colored black () Got rid of all purple on the car its self. Im happy. Im sure you guys are all tired of seeing my car. So I promise im done this time

Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You should get the black cvds off the s1 car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.