Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Maizer, try use harder tire or any mean to reduce traction. X Ray setupbook should be a great help understanding how to setup a TC. download it from their site and read a little.

LHS told me the price of CXL drop significantly and it is showing on A Main Hobby too, I strongly believe a new car will be released soon. I wonder how many parts will be carry over like the drive train and suspension plastic part of T3 2012 and T4.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Long time since I've posted since I haven't really been able to test the car out for a month and a half, but I was having oversteer issues, so totally rebuilt the car to manual specs except for a few changes here and there (post 3764). Much much better, and feel pretty confident that there isn't something majorly out of whack, but I'm still getting too much oversteer. So I moved from blue springs in back back to white. Also experimented with anti-roll bars and finally settled on 1.2mm in front and 1.4mm in back. I'm going to have to experiment some more. In theory, I should go stiff in front, but then I lost steering and still every once in a while the tail would whip around. It was strange. Was hoping it would be totally dialed and it certainly wasn't, but I didn't have enough time before racing began to experiment enough. Hope to get back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions you made.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maizer
Hi I have just got back into on road. I have been racing off road for 26 years and have not tuned a on road car for a long time and when I did it was a 12th scale. I have run my Schumacher TC 2 times in practice. I need to know how to fight traction rolling. Any help would be great.
For TC tires at 5mm ride height:
Sauce inner half to 2/3 of front tire instead of full
Clean tire sidewalls with motor spray
Check tire gluing
Less steering throw in radio
Lightweight body
Less droop - 5.0 on gauge under front of front arm, 5.0-5.5 rear.
Less camber
Longer camber links
Higher inner camber links
More weight forward
Stiffer shock oil

If you post which car you have, your setup, tires, and surface, we can help more.

-Mike
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Maizer, try use harder tire or any mean to reduce traction. X Ray setupbook should be a great help understanding how to setup a TC. download it from their site and read a little.

LHS told me the price of CXL drop significantly and it is showing on A Main Hobby too, I strongly believe a new car will be released soon. I wonder how many parts will be carry over like the drive train and suspension plastic part of T3 2012 and T4.
ok thanks do people still put tire glue on the outer edge of the tire so when the car starts to roll it slides instead?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Check tire gluing
Lightweight body
Less camber
Longer camber links
Higher inner camber links
More weight forward
Stiffer shock oil

If you post which car you have, your setup, tires, and surface, we can help more.

-Mike
MI4XCL 17.5 on a 75x36 ozite track sweeps tire
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Check tire gluing
Lightweight body
Less camber
Longer camber links
Higher inner camber links Wont this make the chassis roll more?
More weight forward
Stiffer shock oil

-Mike
see above
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

ok thanks do people still put tire glue on the outer edge of the tire so when the car starts to roll it slides instead?
That's a band-aid. Although I gather an effective one.

Another thing you can do is turn down the dual-rate in your transmitter until you can't turn hard enough to traction roll, then work on freeing the car up to get it to turn again.

MI4XCL 17.5 on a 75x36 ozite track sweeps tire
What setup are you running?

-Mike
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

That's a band-aid. Although I gather an effective one.

Another thing you can do is turn down the dual-rate in your transmitter until you can't turn hard enough to traction roll, then work on freeing the car up to get it to turn again.

What setup are you running?

-Mike
close to stock kit carpet setup. I have not used the car more that two times and was just shocked how EZ it was to roll in a turn. and have not used it in months. 360 opened and then closed. now I will use it at critters.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

close to stock kit carpet setup. I have not used the car more that two times and was just shocked how EZ it was to roll in a turn. and have not used it in months. 360 opened and then closed. now I will use it at critters.
Do you have 4 groove camber plates? What springs do you have available?

This is a decent place to start: http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te..._Hofer_ETS.pdf

Moving the battery to a position halfway between front and rear can make a big difference. Full forward makes the car push too much I think.

You might also try dropping to 2.5* rear toe to free up the car.

-Mike
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking for some advice please. Would like some help on choosing a Transmitter/Receiver setup for my Mi4cxl.

In terms of stick or wheel, i'm thinking wheel.
Cost is not 'too' much of a concern and am happy to get something once rather than buy cheap and then upgrade later.

BUT the thing that is important is being able to use the same transmitter with my 1/8th buggy. Is this going to be an issue? I assumed I can just buy two receivers but not sure? Also, don't know if transmitters can use lipo etc or do they still use NiMH? Also, can any receiver use any servo/s?

What are people using and feedback is important - dont want something that feels bad in the hand etc, or is poorly made.

All help appreciated.
Scott

Last edited by TheHoofmeister; 02-25-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Do you have 4 groove camber plates? What springs do you have available?

This is a decent place to start: http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te..._Hofer_ETS.pdf

Moving the battery to a position halfway between front and rear can make a big difference. Full forward makes the car push too much I think.

You might also try dropping to 2.5* rear toe to free up the car.

-Mike
thanks will try it out soon. just had my appendix out Friday and I am still in pain
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

So whats the Schumacher in this picture? Looks like ND4CX, AD4CX or even NCL4CX written on the side of it! Is it the new cars outing?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

It's a cxl.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No new car on this event?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TheHoofmeister
Looking for some advice please. Would like some help on choosing a Transmitter/Receiver setup for my Mi4cxl.

In terms of stick or wheel, i'm thinking wheel.
Cost is not 'too' much of a concern and am happy to get something once rather than buy cheap and then upgrade later.

BUT the thing that is important is being able to use the same transmitter with my 1/8th buggy. Is this going to be an issue? I assumed I can just buy two receivers but not sure? Also, don't know if transmitters can use lipo etc or do they still use NiMH? Also, can any receiver use any servo/s?

What are people using and feedback is important - dont want something that feels bad in the hand etc, or is poorly made.

All help appreciated.
Scott
Can anyone help with this?

Interested in knowing what people are using for TC and their thoughts/recommendations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.