Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
I remember when the mi3 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale. How exactly is this car different? If you want precision and durability, get xray. If you want a different design, get the losi jrxs type-r.

We'll see what happens, but I don't think it will be much different from mi3.

Good luck schumacher!!
What chassis will you be racing at the "C" Bill? Just asking...
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I remember when the mi3 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale.
You can replace the word "mi3" with damn near any TC...

"I remember when the Type R came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the Cyclone came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the TC5 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the T2 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

..Just sayin'.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
You can replace the word "mi3" with damn near any TC...

"I remember when the Type R came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the Cyclone came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the TC5 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

"I remember when the T2 came out, tons of hype, tons of orders. A couple months later most were for sale."

..Just sayin'.

very good way to put it. every car gets dumped for the next best thing or the next hype.

it all depends on how much time you're willing to put into the car to make it handle the way it should and the way you want it to.

an RC car is like a real automobile and a girl.... you're first will never be you're last!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by LATC3
an RC car is like a real automobile and a girl.... you're first will never be you're last!
And both routes will cost you most of your life savings to move to another.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
And both routes will cost you most of your life savings to move to another.
You spend money on girls? Ouch...
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
And both routes will cost me most of my life savings to move to another.
fixed!

speak for yourself myfriend
Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarryN
+1 LOL
Old 04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You spend money on girls?
he used to. now, he races at the gate.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the motor mount looks to be the same as the CAT, i have not had ANY issues with it. I DON'T WANT A HEAT SINK ON IT. the car is amazing looking even without a servo saver, in the past two years my Mi3 has worked just fine without one. The Fit and Finish of my Mi3's is perfect, no grinding, bending, sanding needed for assembly, it goes together flat and stays that way. I expect the same from the Mi4. With the improved bulk head design along with other changes I expect to have to add weight now. Great Job guys,

Adam, you have my CC#, put me on the list and don't send it ground UPS.
I'm going to Reedy so if you don't have any for sale yet, send me yours or Shawns demo model to put on display.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Best to pay for it....it's cheaper in the long run

Skiddins
Old 04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default to all the schumacher fan boys

Like I said, I hope schumacher does great and the mi4 lives up to the hype. I just gave my observations.

A good driver will make any car look great, period. Unfortunately, there are few truly talented drivers (I am not one of them by far.)

The rally cry for schumacher is: I don't like xray, so I'll get something different. In my book, that's not a good reason, unless you are sponsored by schumacher. In the end, you will spend more money and the best results you can hope for will be similar to those if you just bit the bullet and got the xray.

Of the cars that I own, I like the Losi type r the most because of how quickly it transitions, but if I had to finish the race, the losi is not the car to have.

To each their own.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cool. Just wanted to know.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

but if I had to finish the race, the losi is not the car to have.

To each their own.
Jesus christ, how often do you crash in one race?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Like I said, I hope schumacher does great and the mi4 lives up to the hype. I just gave my observations.

A good driver will make any car look great, period. Unfortunately, there are few truly talented drivers (I am not one of them by far.)

The rally cry for schumacher is: I don't like xray, so I'll get something different. In my book, that's not a good reason, unless you are sponsored by schumacher. In the end, you will spend more money and the best results you can hope for will be similar to those if you just bit the bullet and got the xray.

Of the cars that I own, I like the Losi type r the most because of how quickly it transitions, but if I had to finish the race, the losi is not the car to have.

To each their own.
XRay's own top drivers are openly talking about their struggles with the car.

After all we can say that all of the usual "top" XRAY drivers were struggling more than usual and the car simply did not work so well in these conditions. We are still not sure why. I was confident that my usual setup that I have been using at various tracks before the race would work but it didn't. Sometimes things just don't work out. But it sucks when it happens. (source)
The race he's talking about is LRP TCM, where the winning setup was basically identical to the same setup that was used to win every other big race this year. Does anybody really want a car that requires a dramatically different setup from one track to the next? Is that what luxury buys me?

For a car that's apparently been hand-crafted by God himself, it sure has been a massive failure outside of a few foam tire races in the US. No worlds, no ETS, no TCM, etc. If you want to race the 5 guys still running foams, get the XRay. If you want to race rubbers like most of the US, and the rest of the world, there are clearly better options at the moment, optimization be damned. Face it, XRay makes a very good car with a high level of precision, and you pay for it. All that has meant precisely nothing on the track, both in the hands of the fast hobbyists a the pros.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just took my first looks at the Mi4. Definitely cool looking. Every time I think Schumacher has done it all, they come up with new innovations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.