R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #451
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Once again the MI4 does it! TQ but couldn't pull off the win due to a back marker hitting me when I was coming pass to lap him. I have a good medium bite asphalt set-up for any one that is interested!! The MI4 is an awesome car on the asphalt!! I haven't been able to test it on the rug yet but I hope to get some practice soon! Thanks again Schumacher
Send me a copy of your mi4 setup to [email protected] thanxs joey
Old 08-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #452
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Getting quiet

Anyone else have pics of there car?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #453
Tech Apprentice

Here are a few

Old 08-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #454
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

New race report....Superior Hobbies Summer Sizzler. Just the second race weekend out with the Mi4 (got rained out last week) have been working from the kit setup and still looking for steering. I went to the stiff carbon rear arms and the car was really good-really helped the car rotate through the corners. Qualified second (wrecked on the last lap going for it), i had something for the tq leader in the main, was looking to make a pass but it all went away- the car just spun out through a high speed switch back and i parked it in the boards. i think maybe a tire was coming off and just nursed it to the end after that, finished second. haven't looked at the car yet to see exactly what went wrong. Big thing is the car is getting better every run and is very easy to drive fast!!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Kenny View Post
Here are a few

That first one looks like a iPhone/iPod touch wall paper

I shall have my car real soon. I have everything else I need now
Old 08-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
That first one looks like a iPhone/iPod touch wall paper

I shall have my car real soon. I have everything else I need now
It is a perfect pixel size That is now my wallpaper

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #457
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
It is a perfect pixel size That is now my wallpaper
Glad you like, I do dable in photography in my sparetime, Dont worry i wont charge you for using it
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #458
Tech Regular

Here is a few pic's of my whips.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Mi4-mi4-1.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-mi4-2.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-mi4-3.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #459
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Sunday can't get here quick enough
Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #460
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Sunday can't get here quick enough
Same here
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #461
Tech Fanatic

Default MI4 ULTRA HIGH GRIP!!

Hello MI4errs!! Just wanted to give an update on the MI4 on high grip asphalt. To start the track was an indoor asphalt track that has been treated with VHT, Grape Soda and what ever else they use to get that much traction. The traction was so high that you can feel your feet sticking to the asphalt. I have never been to a track where balls of rubber would form on Jaco Blues like real life Formula One cars. INSANE!! But I did find that when traction is that high you need to run a one-way because a spool will slow you down a lot! The course was a tight and technical indoor asphalt climate controled track with lots of switch backs and chicanes! No brakes were needed on that layout! With that amount of grip I had to make several changes but the best change that would have worked the best is the one-way!! So for the weekend the car was fast but not fast enough and when turning the wheels the car would almost stop instead of rolling thru the corner. I made lots of changes to try to get the car to rotate but I noticed something that I didn't notice before due to the high grip! You can not adjust the suspension pin holders (adjusting roll center) unless you get the ones from the MI3! So if you head to a track where the grip is really high and you need to raise your roll center in the rear to get the car to rotate you need to have those in your pit box! Changing springs front and rear showed very slight change in the performance. Even adding the heaviest sway bar to the rear did not help as much as it usally does on medium bite tracks!. And standing the shocks up in the rear was horable. Now I went from a car that was drivable to a car that was undrivable just by changing the shocks one position! All in all the weekend was a huge learning experience and I have all of these ideas rolling around in my head...so I can't wait to go back this weekend to try some other things!! I will keep you posted on my findings
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #462
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hello MI4errs!! Just wanted to give an update on the MI4 on high grip asphalt. To start the track was an indoor asphalt track that has been treated with VHT, Grape Soda and what ever else they use to get that much traction. The traction was so high that you can feel your feet sticking to the asphalt. I have never been to a track where balls of rubber would form on Jaco Blues like real life Formula One cars. INSANE!! But I did find that when traction is that high you need to run a one-way because a spool will slow you down a lot! The course was a tight and technical indoor asphalt climate controled track with lots of switch backs and chicanes! No brakes were needed on that layout! With that amount of grip I had to make several changes but the best change that would have worked the best is the one-way!! So for the weekend the car was fast but not fast enough and when turning the wheels the car would almost stop instead of rolling thru the corner. I made lots of changes to try to get the car to rotate but I noticed something that I didn't notice before due to the high grip! You can not adjust the suspension pin holders (adjusting roll center) unless you get the ones from the MI3! So if you head to a track where the grip is really high and you need to raise your roll center in the rear to get the car to rotate you need to have those in your pit box! Changing springs front and rear showed very slight change in the performance. Even adding the heaviest sway bar to the rear did not help as much as it usally does on medium bite tracks!. And standing the shocks up in the rear was horable. Now I went from a car that was drivable to a car that was undrivable just by changing the shocks one position! All in all the weekend was a huge learning experience and I have all of these ideas rolling around in my head...so I can't wait to go back this weekend to try some other things!! I will keep you posted on my findings
Yeah few of my racing buds were there, assuming the "C" is where you were. Don't know if they treat that track or not. Learning experience for some of them too, one ran a spool and got 3rd (JRXS type R) so go figure. Gonna try to go next month maybe by Nats we can all have something to work with.

Rod
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #463
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler View Post
Yeah few of my racing buds were there, assuming the "C" is where you were. Don't know if they treat that track or not. Learning experience for some of them too, one ran a spool and got 3rd (JRXS type R) so go figure. Gonna try to go next month maybe by Nats we can all have something to work with.

Rod
Let me know the next time you go and I will meet you up there. We can bounce ideas off one another!!
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Old 08-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #464
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Let me know the next time you go and I will meet you up there. We can bounce ideas off one another!!
If you where at The C the track has never been sprayed with VHT or Grape soda to the best of my knowledge. It only gets that much traction from traction compounds and when it first opened and they really wanted mad traction if you sprayed the track with WD40 it would have more traction than carpet. They might still hit it on occasion with WD40 when they put up a new layout but from my understanding the last couple months or more they don't out anything on the track.

Not sure on the MI4 but on my MI2EC and MI3 at The C I ran the DNA asphalt body and that would give me the extra steering I needed when the rear end was hooking really good. I layed the rear shocks in a little more as well. Those two things really helped and especially my EC which was easily as fast as my MI3 ever was on that track. I used Tamiya yellow springs front and rear on the car.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #465
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
If you where at The C the track has never been sprayed with VHT or Grape soda to the best of my knowledge. It only gets that much traction from traction compounds and when it first opened and they really wanted mad traction if you sprayed the track with WD40 it would have more traction than carpet. They might still hit it on occasion with WD40 when they put up a new layout but from my understanding the last couple months or more they don't out anything on the track.

Not sure on the MI4 but on my MI2EC and MI3 at The C I ran the DNA asphalt body and that would give me the extra steering I needed when the rear end was hooking really good. I layed the rear shocks in a little more as well. Those two things really helped and especially my EC which was easily as fast as my MI3 ever was on that track. I used Tamiya yellow springs front and rear on the car.
Yeah you are right. I was there when they first opened and remember them using WD40. Wow that was a long time. It looks like the MI4 has more mechanical grip thru chassis design that my MI3 and 3.5. I remember my Mi3 never being that stuck. Its all good now though because I got the suspension pin holders so now I can play with the roll centers. Thanks for the help!!