R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #3706
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,559
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Anyone have a review of the world's mounts. On carpet? I thanks.
I have them on order I should have them next week to try out
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #3707
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Worlds mod

here are a few pics of the Mod.
Tried it on carpet this weekend, makes the grip a little better, but keep in mind with the mod you can now maker finer adjustments to adding anti-dive and/or kickup (using shims under the blocks). Next on my list to try.

Be careful with what size spur you use. for 64 pitch looks like 90 -92 is the max if you're running the rear belt in low position.
you can flip the rear mount to get more clearance for the belt (small spur) or other way to get more clearance for bigger spur (belt in high position).

the steering mod can be felt the minute you try it. well worth the money.

All together took about 40 minutes to do the mod, first time cutting so made a few little mistakes with the sanding part.
needed a dremel or hobby saw, metal file, 600 grit sand paper.
Instructions included are pretty direct just read a few times and go to work.

NOTE: make sure you look and mark the front bulkhead prior to cutting, after marking compare to instructions before doing anything. don't take off too much "look at the instructions" before doing anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Mi4-20121116_163312.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-20121116_165402.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-20121116_235737.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-20121116_163304.jpg  
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-20-2012 at 08:13 AM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #3708
Tech Elite
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
here are a few pics of the Mod.
Tried it on carpet this weekend, makes the grip a little better, but keep in mind with the mod you can now maker finer adjustments to adding anti-dive and/or kickup (using shims under the blocks). Next on my list to try.

Be careful with what size spur you use. for 64 pitch looks like 90 -92 is the max if you're running the rear belt in low position.
you can flip the rear mount to get more clearance for the belt (small spur) or other way to get more clearance for bigger spur (belt in high position).

the steering mod can be felt the minute you try it. well worth the money.

All together took about 40 minutes to do the mod, first time cutting so made a few little mistakes with the sanding part.
needed a dremel or hobby saw, metal file, 600 grit sand paper.
Instructions included are pretty direct just read a few times and go to work.
Thanks for the info I should be getting mine this week then installing it as well. So from what you said it give it a little bit more overall grip on carpet?
I use a 66 spur in a 48 pitch so its pretty small so Im sure there should be enough room at the back.
Thanks agian.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #3709
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Thanks for the info I should be getting mine this week then installing it as well. So from what you said it give it a little bit more overall grip on carpet?
I use a 66 spur in a 48 pitch so its pretty small so Im sure there should be enough room at the back.
Thanks agian.
just a slight change in grip but a positive.

remember everyone the Worlds upgrade also includes parts for the Steering Mod.

if you don't have the carpet top deck you made need to get it. you may start to traction roll. just depends on how high the bite is at your track.
if you're running 17.5 blinky or 13.5 this mod should be a must.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #3710
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
just a slight change in grip but a positive.

remember everyone the Worlds upgrade also includes parts for the Steering Mod.

if you don't have the carpet top deck you made need to get it. you may start to traction roll. just depends on how high the bite is at your track.
if you're running 17.5 blinky or 13.5 this mod should be a must.
great! mine will be here this week. the real question is, what did this mod do to your lap times?

Rich
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #3711
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
great! mine will be here this week. the real question is, what did this mod do to your lap times?

Rich
once i got my car working
first 2 qualifiers were bad, setup problems
found out tires were crapped out and tore my shocks apart yesterday to find the rear bladders were collapsed.

i could tell it rolled way more and the back of car was planted, even with the bad shock bladders.

dropped my fastest laps on the track in the Main...next weekend should show me the actual improvements (once I change to new bladders)
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #3712
Tech Regular
 
Andrew_Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hb Ninja Squad
Posts: 287
Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter
Default

Wrong section.
__________________
ToniSport | Yokomo | GavGraphix | MHP
Andrew_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3713
Tech Elite
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
once i got my car working
first 2 qualifiers were bad, setup problems
found out tires were crapped out and tore my shocks apart yesterday to find the rear bladders were collapsed.

i could tell it rolled way more and the back of car was planted, even with the bad shock bladders.

dropped my fastest laps on the track in the Main...next weekend should show me the actual improvements (once I change to new bladders)
I have already did the steering mod and liked it. Cant wait to try the worlds mod, I run 17.5 blinky as well. I run the flex top deck at the moment also.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #3714
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Steering mod

I can't find how do steering mod. Pls help.thanks plus i cant find blinky carpet seat up
tqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #3715
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqboy View Post
I can't find how do steering mod. Pls help.thanks plus i cant find blinky carpet seat up
Steering mod is super easy cut the bulkhead where the steering carbon fiber is screw in (two screw, one left one right).
Then place in the stand offs in the same location.
This allows the chassis to flex a little more.

If you search for Martin Hofer's blog you can see pics.
His carpet setup.is a good starting point.
Www.racing-cars.com
Go to CXL page then setups.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-21-2012 at 02:51 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #3716
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

any pics of steer mod. and instructions
tqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #3717
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqboy View Post
any pics of steer mod. and instructions
If you search for Martin Hofer's blog you can see pics.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #3718
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqboy View Post
any pics of steer mod. and instructions
If You read HERE , after the setup sheet is some instructions. But basically you're trying to get as much servo arm angle as possible. This takes away centre steering over-sensitivity and makes it a bit more positive at full steering lock.

For me the worlds mod didn't seem to improve the grip level but more the balance between front and rear grip as track grip raises. I always found as soon as grip came all the way up around the time of finals the balance of grip would go too much to the rear and would constantly push the car wide. The worlds seems to keep it balanced no matter what the grip level.
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #3719
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

longtime update hofer blogg?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #3720
Tech Elite
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

What are you guys using for rear diff fluid. Medium bite carpet fairly tight track.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone Frank McKinney Electric On-Road 19761 10-14-2016 03:50 AM
Schumacher Corner meche Electric On-Road 27727 07-20-2015 07:38 PM
2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub LOSI123 Australian Racing 348 01-06-2010 10:08 AM
Racecraft TC Challange 2 Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 82 08-01-2009 12:07 AM
Schumacher Mi3/3.5 parts and roller!!! Eastcoast13.5 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 07-19-2009 01:15 PM
Opinions on TC's hippie Electric On-Road 58 07-08-2009 10:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net