R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #2761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert Ross View Post
I have looked online but wanted to get you guys opinion on what i should do..i have 3 mi4lps (only use 2 for now) and a lot of spare parts but wanted to upgrade to the CX..should i sell these and buy the new kit or could i buy the difference in parts and maybe save some cash. From what ive seen the only real diference is the drive shafts,bulkheads,diff and spool and theres an extra hole in the chassis for the servo position. I have spec-r gear difs so the ball dif wouldnt be a concern..what do you think? Thanks for any help..but i think if anyone would want the chassis for cheap i would just get the new kit as i have 3 complete rollers and the extra parts for a 4th minus a chassis..i had first datrted with the race version so i do have that chassis but its composite plastic or something..anyways, way too many for me as i would be good with one nice car and spares as my area isnt too popular for touring car
For the price of diff, spool, axles, bulkheads, and chassis, you can get a whole CX. I upgraded just drivetrain because I mostly just cared about the reliability, not the weight reduction.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #2762
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
For the price of diff, spool, axles, bulkheads, and chassis, you can get a whole CX. I upgraded just drivetrain because I mostly just cared about the reliability, not the weight reduction.

-Mike

K cool, Thanks. Im not worried about weight either, so im looking for the same as you. What did you change exactly? Just the new spool and ball dif? What do you think about the soft weave chassis..not sure if you guys already talked about this or not.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #2763
Tech Elite

Quote:
K cool, Thanks. Im not worried about weight either, so im looking for the same as you. What did you change exactly? Just the new spool and ball dif? What do you think about the soft weave chassis..not sure if you guys already talked about this or not.
I got spool, diff, front axles, rear axles, extra front axles (just in case), and extra slider inserts (just in case). I've since bought 2 gear diffs and another set of rear axles. I'm planning to run 1 car with gear diffs front and rear, and the other with spool / ball diff.

-Mike
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #2764
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where did you order from? I wanted to get the front drive shafts but couldnt find a place in the states..did you order from overseas?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #2765
Tech Elite

Quote:
Where did you order from? I wanted to get the front drive shafts but couldnt find a place in the states..did you order from overseas?
I ordered direct from racing-cars.com

-Mike
Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #2766
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Pretty stoked with the shipping time on my Order from Schumacher UK. It took awhile to process as it was my first order direct from them. My parcel arrived in 5 days as it posted on Thursday and received the following Monday. Signed for by Mr Doorstop LOL

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #2767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what would be the best way to remove the glued on lipo tabs off the lipo?
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #2768
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy View Post
what would be the best way to remove the glued on lipo tabs off the lipo?
Crashing has always worked well for me, lol. Maybe nail polish remover (acetone)?

-Mike
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #2769
Tech Fanatic

Quick question,

Last week our track did not receive much sunshine during the day (soda prepped outdoor track, common tires are hard/36shure ) and i ran a set of hard rubber tires the first qualifier and then a softer set the next round. the 2nd round the car hooked up way better but was pushy. What would I need to change in the rear to eliminate some of the pushy-ness? the car was VERY stable through the chicanes and quick changes. Only problem I had was getting it to turn through the hairpins.

I am running a spool in the front, blue springs up front, and white in the rear. 35wt losi up front 30 in the rear. no sway bars, and shocks are sitting in the middle positions.

I always ask people because I do not feel comfortable changing things on the car. I am at the plateau where I am at the peak of my driving skill and need to start changing set up to get faster.

thanks.
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #2770
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

You could lay the rear shock town on the shock tower, that will allow the rear of the car to rotate more.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #2771
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You could also try less rear toe or camber.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #2772
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys!!!! I will try this in practice before next weekends races.
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #2773
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I"m sitting here at the Reedy Race. just staring at my CX, its working great but could use a little something and I'm afraid to change something in fear it might be the wrong direction, sure wish there was a Team Guy or two to ask questions of, Hot bodies, Yokomo, AE, Xray, have all thier best drivers here, but here I sit all by my self pondering WTF.

I think I will lay the rear shocks down one hole to see if it helps rotation. I all most always run them there but went up one hole to REDUCE rear traction along with going to 2* one the rear toe.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #2774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loriding69

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I"m sitting here at the Reedy Race. just staring at my CX, its working great but could use a little something and I'm afraid to change something in fear it might be the wrong direction, sure wish there was a Team Guy or two to ask questions of, Hot bodies, Yokomo, AE, Xray, have all thier best drivers here, but here I sit all by my self pondering WTF.

I think I will lay the rear shocks down one hole to see if it helps rotation. I all most always run them there but went up one hole to REDUCE rear traction along with going to 2* one the rear toe.
Dude, stop BS'ing and get that baby dialed in. You know you can do it, so stop 2nd guessing yourself.

If your not here to have fun, then stay at home!!!

Breast Cancer Awareness is my race for the cure!
loriding69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #2775
Tech Addict

Congratulations to skypilot. he made the a main at the Reedy Race of Champions in the 17.5 stock(non-boosted) class. in the 1st a main final, he finished in 4th place. in the 2nd race, after being used and abused, he was in 9th place. unfortunately, due to the rain delays of the race, he was unable to compete in the 3rd a main final. (he had to catch his plane).

good job ritchie!
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote