Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
Sounds like thats the only option... i might have to wait until the new year....think i might get it BLACKED OUT also. Shame Schumacher dont release a limited edition BLACKED OUT version.
They did for the first one

Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From what I can tell, there's not much that's interesting to me on the CX, aside from the beefier drivetrain. So I kinda figured I'd just upgrade the spool/diff/axles and probably leave it at that.

-Mike
Old 12-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Im thinking of switching to the CX from Xray T3. Being used to the Xray i have not broken any parts this year but i have had quite a clean years racing also. Im after some opinion on the durability of the Schumacher car and what spares would need to carry? Im guessing a lot of the plastic parts from the Mi4 are carrying over. Im hoping A main will have stock so i can possibly order soon. Thoughts appreciated. Regards Benzaah.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

the cx is available direct from schumacher.

I'm not sure why schumacher changed to non blades on drive shafts on the new model
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Im thinking of switching to the CX from Xray T3. Being used to the Xray i have not broken any parts this year but i have had quite a clean years racing also. Im after some opinion on the durability of the Schumacher car and what spares would need to carry? Im guessing a lot of the plastic parts from the Mi4 are carrying over. Im hoping A main will have stock so i can possibly order soon. Thoughts appreciated. Regards Benzaah.
Benzaah, we've been running the mi4 since they first came out, haven't had any real issues to speak of. You would carry the normal range of parts "just in case", some arms, belts, pulleys etc - but there isn't anything that regularly breaks. The only real consumable on the current car is the driveshaft blades - but they're gone on the new car in favour of stronger driveshafts and outdrives. I would normally carry spare driveshafts, but if the new ones on the CX are stronger...happy days!

If you want to purchase within Aus there are retailers whose pricing is pretty decent (we think including us Action R/C in Brissie) and who carry good range of spares.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Benzaah, we've been running the mi4 since they first came out, haven't had any real issues to speak of. You would carry the normal range of parts "just in case", some arms, belts, pulleys etc - but there isn't anything that regularly breaks. The only real consumable on the current car is the driveshaft blades - but they're gone on the new car in favour of stronger driveshafts and outdrives. I would normally carry spare driveshafts, but if the new ones on the CX are stronger...happy days!

If you want to purchase within Aus there are retailers whose pricing is pretty decent (we think including us Action R/C in Brissie) and who carry good range of spares.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Will the Mi4LP components bolt directly onto the Mi4CX bottom chassis plate?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Will the Mi4LP components bolt directly onto the Mi4CX bottom chassis plate?
Yes.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker
the cx is available direct from schumacher.

I'm not sure why schumacher changed to non blades on drive shafts on the new model
Because in high grip, high power conditions the front blades wouldn't last a race.

As for reliability of it i've only ever broken a driveshaft (The first lap of ever using it so probably a rare manufacture flaw), lots of blades(only ever on the front and not an issue on the CX) a grey belt snapped and nothing else in a year of racing. Thats pretty much the same story as the other three at my local. The odd bearing, the odd ball joint, nothing shows up in particular as a weak area.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Schumacher the Best

Hi Ben
Well you know what we think about the Mi4, 2 state titles, TQ and 2nd at the nats in stock in one year.

Contact Dave at Action RC in Brisbane, he will look after you, if you have any questions just send me a PM.

Regards
Gary
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mi4LP

Just out of curiosity was the Schumacher Mi4LP built and designed around rubber ashpalt racing or rubber carpet? It seems like across the pond racing is primarly on-road pavement and less focused on carpet. I know you can easily say it suits both racing surfaces, but it seems like the overall chassis is meant for low grip applications. Like myself and several others are taking drastic measures to prevent the car from flipping over onto it lids, it seems like the car provides way to much grip. Just trying to find that happy medium between being grippy and loose.

On that note does anyone have a decent setup that's not posted on petiterc. I've seen them all, i've tried them all and the car wants to roll like a mofo.

Don't get me wrong I love this car it's a thing of beauty, however I've been scratching my head with 16 years of sedan racing experience to figure out whats going on...

ps. I don't want to switch over to....... tah ta taahh tamiya. Nooooo

Cheers.

Edward
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Just out of curiosity was the Schumacher Mi4LP built and designed around rubber ashpalt racing or rubber carpet? It seems like across the pond racing is primarly on-road pavement and less focused on carpet. I know you can easily say it suits both racing surfaces, but it seems like the overall chassis is meant for low grip applications. Like myself and several others are taking drastic measures to prevent the car from flipping over onto it lids, it seems like the car provides way to much grip. Just trying to find that happy medium between being grippy and loose.

On that note does anyone have a decent setup that's not posted on petiterc. I've seen them all, i've tried them all and the car wants to roll like a mofo.

Don't get me wrong I love this car it's a thing of beauty, however I've been scratching my head with 16 years of sedan racing experience to figure out whats going on...

ps. I don't want to switch over to....... tah ta taahh tamiya. Nooooo

Cheers.

Edward
Not running Schumacher anymore, but can offer some advice..

It was deffinalty designed for Outdoor Rubber Tarmac Racing..., Schumacher cars have generally been banana's flex wise, offering alot of mechanical grip for outdoor racing...we generally dont see anything but low/medium grip tracks outdoors here, so it would of been initially designed around that.

No doubt it was tested on carpet too, but this is why they offer a stiffer chassis for it, being 2.5 and stiffer top deck, if your not already running these, then they are a huge improvement over the kit items... alot easier to drive, takes away that binding up feeling through the corners when the grip gets too much for the banana kit items.

There are other areas you can look at though if you do have the stiffer chassis/top deck, is that you can raise the front/rear or both camber links to take away bite (depending on where you want to lose it) . I think i ran 2mm under the front plate and 1mm under the rear.

Also the front C-hub, if your running the ultra flex kit item, thats generally a no no on carpet, change it for a medium or even standard...

Anyway not sure what your running, so could be telling you to suck eggs really
Old 12-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got to say been driving the MI4 LP for nearly a year now, had some pretty savage crashes in that time too, only parts replaced have been front blades and 2 bent front driveshafts. been one of the most durable cars I have ever owned
+1 for Action R/C great pricing and service
Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default MI4LP CLONES

WHATS THE STORY WITH THE MI4LP ON EBAY THEY ARE CLONES I CAN'T FIND THE REAL ONE.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenize1
WHATS THE STORY WITH THE MI4LP ON EBAY THEY ARE CLONES I CAN'T FIND THE REAL ONE.
Only genuine Schuey on ebay is most likely this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Schumacher-Mi4LP...#ht_1605wt_810

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.