Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you going to make a return?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
am I reading the price of CX correctly? $565.00
Looks as if the car will be in the 450 plus range.

Rod
Old 10-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Two types of people in this world.

There's two types of r/c carpet racers in this world, one's that run carbon suspension arms and one's who run medium flex.. I'm the one of the latter and why I've been rolling... god dammit

Edward.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
There's two types of r/c carpet racers in this world, one's that run carbon suspension arms and one's who run medium flex.. I'm the one of the latter and why I've been rolling... god dammit

Edward.
Carbon vs med arms will not make a difference great enough to stop your car from rolling. If you change to cf arms and make no other changes you will still traction roll.

Try reducing rear droop, raising the inboard lower hinge pin location in the front. Running a lot of static camber, something like 2deg neg. Run Schu whites front and rear, med. anti roll bars, 35wt oil all around, lean your shocks in all the way front and rear. Run a front spool and you rear diff very free. Sauce the inner 1/3 of the fronts and the whole rear. DO NOT rotate your tires on carpet. The sauce soaks on and stays. Putting your rears up front is like saucing you whole front. Clean your tires with brake cleaner every run. Tires get stickier the more you run them you need to have a used set to practice on, a set of couple run old tires for qualifying and new to 2 run tires for mains. Mark you tires so you know what corner they go back on.

This setup should get you around and be a little drifty/pushy. Start there and add grip whee you need it.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does people fancy to make setup manual for Mi4 like Xray did? Of course with usage of Mi4 setup options.

Maybe if everyone who has the knowledge contribute we will be able to make nice small book that we can look into and it won't be needed to ask same or similar setup questions again and again.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lochness42
Does people fancy to make setup manual for Mi4 like Xray did? Of course with usage of Mi4 setup options.

Maybe if everyone who has the knowledge contribute we will be able to make nice small book that we can look into and it won't be needed to ask same or similar setup questions again and again.

I have been with Schumacher for just over a year now. I still have my Xray T2 book in my pit bag from years ago. Definatly good to have.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anyone ran the Litemodz CVDs on the MI4 yet? Curious as to see how strong they are. I run outdoors and still hit the walls a little bit. The stock ones hold up well, but I'd like to try something to give the front end a little bit of ease with the spool.

They arent exactly cheap so I was looking for past experience from others!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just used them, and unfortunately hit the boards very slightly the first two times out for practice, enough to break four or five hinge pin holders, and the Litemods CVS v2 held up fine.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Graham Kenny
I have been with Schumacher for just over a year now. I still have my Xray T2 book in my pit bag from years ago. Definatly good to have.
I had it too, sold it with my cars, however I downloaded it from xray homepage at some point. I just think we should be able to make our own manual with specific parts like recommendation when to use softer/harder bits, single/double post steering and such. Also how to get rid off traction roll, getting more steering, more planted rear and such very common problems that people tend to ask here. It would be nice to have it all with you at races without having to print posts from here.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
Has anyone ran the Litemodz CVDs on the MI4 yet? Curious as to see how strong they are. I run outdoors and still hit the walls a little bit. The stock ones hold up well, but I'd like to try something to give the front end a little bit of ease with the spool.

They arent exactly cheap so I was looking for past experience from others!
My son has been running the CVDs in stock (17.5) for this year, the wear is ok and have won a lot of meeting with them, we have run the new CVS drive shafts for one meeting, a state title, he won it but the wear on the bones was a bit high in my view. I would wait and have a look at the new ones that are on the new car, you would have to buy the diff outdrives and a spool as well as the shafts but they may be a good thing and better priced.

Regards
Gary
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Schumacher Setup

Hey AdrianM

I've almost got the car dialed in, my next step is to remove the 1mm hinge pin mount spacer and leave it at 0mm horizontal. Also going to change the rear hinge pin mount from a 2mm to 1mm horizontal, in addition i'm running 1.5 mm droop in the rear and 2mm in the front and med sway bars front and rear.

The car so far is very predictable and fast, so far so good. I want this car to dominate!

btw how can I post my setup sheet on here? So everyone can look and analyze it?

Cheers.

Edward.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:44 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

The new Mi4CX driveshafts and plastic 'sliders' are super cool.

I have now run around 100 packs without any significant wear on the driveshaft and the same set of plastic sliders!!!

So way less consumables on the car compared to previous models.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CA
The new Mi4CX driveshafts and plastic 'sliders' are super cool.

I have now run around 100 packs without any significant wear on the driveshaft and the same set of plastic sliders!!!

So way less consumables on the car compared to previous models.
Nice one Chris
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Please everyone willing to contribute on making our own Schumacher TC setup book, send me PM.

All inputs are welcomed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.