R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #1936
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
I would say so dude, I used to to work for Schuie in the US and I know all the guys in the UK and they are nothing short of stand up guys.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #1937
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
Old 06-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #1938
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #1939
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
you never sent me your address.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #1940
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #1941
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to John Lindsay

Mike,

I had problems with the spool outdrive screws coming loose. I used some red loctite on them and never had a problem since. Vibration from a bent driveshaft could contribute to it but with the loctite in there you should have no problems.

In the rear diff, set it to the tension you want using the long screw, (mines are usually pretty tight) then tighten the grub screw up onto it, putting a driver in each end, and make it pretty tight too, loctite shouldn't be necessary here. The grub screw is also handy for consistent rebuilds, as you can leave it in place, then tighten the long screw up against it. The diff is then set to the same tension as before.

I've only ever run grey belts in my car, thats running 10.5 motors outside. Besides one which snapped because a stone got caught between chassis and diff pulley I've never broken any. You are correct, a looser belt is better for stock and it needs to be a bit tighter for mod. New grey belts I run one click looser, and once they wear and stretch a bit I tighten them up to the mark on the bearing holders.

HTH

Team Schumacher UK | Team MuchMore UK
John Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #1942
Tech Rookie

Quote:
This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
miniman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #1943
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman007 View Post
This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
Man I am glad to hear that I was not the only one! Yet sorry for the others.
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #1944
Tech Champion

I just got my replacement card today. I'm going to send them a email on Monday about the problem.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #1945
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Nice car Seaball..........
Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #1946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

So, I had the chance to rewire my car once again. Wanted more room with the Tekin RS Pro and shaving the mounting tab off of the servo:

rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #1947
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rezen, you don't run the Transition Links on the rear of the car?
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #1948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

As of last time out, no. The car was stuck, but very predictable on med-low grip asphalt. Need to gain back a little steering in WOT turns though.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #1949
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

BUMP...

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #1950
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
you need to try and make down to FW on a sunday so we can talk and I can check out your car
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote