R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #1726
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey everyone, i just picked up a used Mi4 (not the LP) was curious if besides the chassis there are any differences?

also what parts should i be stocked up on? i'm looking to move away from my corally phi (will be used by my gf). arms? c hubs? any necessary upgrades? there are too many pages to read to find out
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #1727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
Hey everyone, i just picked up a used Mi4 (not the LP) was curious if besides the chassis there are any differences?

also what parts should i be stocked up on? i'm looking to move away from my corally phi (will be used by my gf). arms? c hubs? any necessary upgrades? there are too many pages to read to find out
Chassis is the main difference, they may have changed the spur gear holder a bit. Get some extra steering rod arms if you plan to not run a servo saver (the carbon piece the servo attaches too). Have at least one set of chubs/knuckles and arms. Roll center blocks are good to have, driveshafts too. If you take a big enough hit you may break the plates the camber links mount too or a shock tower, but that's not likely I keep little things like e clips and arm clips because they can get lost when working on the car, extra shims too.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #1728
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well biggest difference in handling is I belive - short wishbones on LP. They provides more steering and cornering speed.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #1729
Tech Regular

Ran mine against a LP. awesome cars. just what you like about how the car looks and handling. I mean if you run short arms and they work for you good. This car is very well built and handles exremeley well on asphalt in stock form actually. I have done testing with suspension. Foud the best springs are blue and white or white white.
Tekin
KO Propo
jhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 AM   #1730
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to rc-racer-kirby

Quote:

I have had my Mi4 for 3months now and I havent really broken anything, I stripped 2 spur gears ( my own fault ) and lost a few e-clips.

The diffrences between the Mi4 and LP is the LP has short CF arms, layshaft allowing to flip transmision ( though I recomend Titanium Racing one ) and the skinnier chassis allowing the lipo to be "hung" over the chassis. I have upgraded my Mi4 to an LP and there is a huge diffrence, it is very quick round the track

Schumacher Mi4LP - Nosram Matrix Evolution Spec Racing, Speed Passion V3.0, GM 5400 50C, Savox 1251MG, Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz, TiR Screws, TiR CVD's, TiR Layshaft, Ti Turnbuckles.
rc-racer-kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #1731
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-racer-kirby View Post
I have had my Mi4 for 3months now and I havent really broken anything, I stripped 2 spur gears ( my own fault ) and lost a few e-clips.

The diffrences between the Mi4 and LP is the LP has short CF arms, layshaft allowing to flip transmision ( though I recomend Titanium Racing one ) and the skinnier chassis allowing the lipo to be "hung" over the chassis. I have upgraded my Mi4 to an LP and there is a huge diffrence, it is very quick round the track
I will be racing out doors so i'll run it in its form now and then compare to the LP later. I like the idea of flipping the transmission to be able to hide the motor on the car a bit more because we have a right hand high speed sweeper that tends to rip up the can of the motor.

Also i thought i heard titanium racing was a bad place? (maybe im confused with another company?)

also is there an actual upgrade kit to go to the LP or do i need to purchase specific parts?

Thanks guys!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #1732
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I will be racing out doors so i'll run it in its form now and then compare to the LP later. I like the idea of flipping the transmission to be able to hide the motor on the car a bit more because we have a right hand high speed sweeper that tends to rip up the can of the motor.

Also i thought i heard titanium racing was a bad place? (maybe im confused with another company?)

also is there an actual upgrade kit to go to the LP or do i need to purchase specific parts?

Thanks guys!!!!
There is no Kit as such, you need to buy the parts seperatly. But if you ring schumacher they can sort this out.
Off the top of my head it is.

Mi4 LP Chassis
Mi4 LP Lipo Chassis Brace
Mi4LP Short CF Arms F&R
Mi4LP Servo Mounts
MI4LP Layshaft
Mi4LP Motor & Layshaft Bulkheads
Mi4LP Black Pulleys and Spur
Mi4LP Xtra flex Yokes
Old 04-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #1733
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks guys!!!!
You really only need the chassis and the lipo brace. I went from the Mi3 to the Mi4LP and then put a Mi4 regular 3mm chassis on the car. Are you running at Blue Diamond? I plan on coming up a couple times this year.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #1734
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Kenny View Post
There is no Kit as such, you need to buy the parts seperatly. But if you ring schumacher they can sort this out.
Off the top of my head it is.

Mi4 LP Chassis
Mi4 LP Lipo Chassis Brace
Mi4LP Short CF Arms F&R
Mi4LP Servo Mounts
MI4LP Layshaft
Mi4LP Motor & Layshaft Bulkheads
Mi4LP Black Pulleys and Spur
Mi4LP Xtra flex Yokes
Mi4 LP Chassis - 2.0mm for outdoor rubber, definitely need
Mi4 LP Lipo Chassis Brace - personal preference
Mi4LP Short CF Arms F&R - definitely need
Mi4LP Servo Mounts - original ones can be used with shimming
MI4LP Layshaft - get the Schumacher one, definitely need for flipped transmission
Mi4LP Motor & Layshaft Bulkheads - wouldnt waste you money unless you run mod - never had an issue with the mi4 ones running 10.5 - 17.5
Mi4LP Black Pulleys and Spur - cosmetic, personal preference
Mi4LP Xtra flex Yokes - again personal preference, use either these or the M-flex hubs. I prefer M-flex on my LP.

So in short:
Get the chassis, brace, layshaft, short wishbones, softer c-hubs (F or M) and your away!
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #1735
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-racer-kirby View Post
You can flip transmission also with standart layshaft - I managed to do that with Mi4 before upgrade.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #1736
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it!!!

Also, SRW141 yes i will be running at Blue Diamond every sunday
Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #1737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

tracking number shows that my assembled pro lp will finally be here tomorrow....cant wait!!!
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #1738
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default MI4 body

i have a mazda speed 6 custom painted body i and going to nitro and i only used it 1 time on a MI4 looking to get 55 shipped. pm me if interested
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Mi4-2010-04-01-16.13.26.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-2010-04-01-16.12.06.jpg   Schumacher Mi4-2010-04-01-16.13.38.jpg  
D-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #1739
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

nice paint, did wes do that? but, Really, you sleep with a flowered bed spread, dang
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #1740
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Bizzle View Post
i have a mazda speed 6 custom painted body i and going to nitro and i only used it 1 time on a MI4 looking to get 55 shipped. pm me if interested
pm sent