Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

I'm not sure we feel a huge need for a driveshaft with less steering!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
I'm not sure we feel a huge need for a driveshaft with less steering!
Only a little less going in, but more coming out. I have Losi LCD's mounted, but I used the losi knuckle as well since the axle size was different.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher MI4 LP KARDANS

Hello to all!
I have a question.
what can I do if I'm going with my car MI4 LP spool, the Cardan joints very loud. They jump.
I want them to run smoothly. what can I do ?????
with my old car that Tamiya was total quiet and calm ....

thanks for your info

Heri
Old 03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heri W.
Hello to all!
I have a question.
what can I do if I'm going with my car MI4 LP spool, the Cardan joints very loud. They jump.
I want them to run smoothly. what can I do ?????
with my old car that Tamiya was total quiet and calm ....

thanks for your info

Heri
Not all too much really. Try rotating one side of the spool 90º, and playing with the end of the joints as well in relation to the opposite end. Also, be sure to lube the joints and blades. This is just side effect of all universals, especially above 15º
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you can take the cvd apart, dremel the inside of the drive shaft where the axle goes in, you only need to remove just a touch of material, and then bevel the edge. it won't all go away, but it will be better. (I also turn the epa down a touch to the steering arm doesn't touch the C hub)
Old 03-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
you can take the cvd apart, dremel the inside of the drive shaft where the axle goes in, you only need to remove just a touch of material, and then bevel the edge. it won't all go away, but it will be better. (I also turn the epa down a touch to the steering arm doesn't touch the C hub)
+1 to that as well. I forgot I had done that.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher MI4 LP KARDANS

Thank you all for the tipps - I'm going to try everything

heri
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all
Back to tc from 2years.
First thing is to have a mi4.
I used to be yokomo and tamiya, but this time i want to try this beauty baby!
But, i found most of things are quitly different with what i have got before.
This car get a large range to adjust and very much things to play with.
I have a question about the "link mount bracket".

There are 4 types of the mount:u3526 1groove cf to u3528 3 groove and a u3577 3groove si. I can not find such information about this. Can someone help me to know more? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jontang001
Hi all
Back to tc from 2years.
First thing is to have a mi4.
I used to be yokomo and tamiya, but this time i want to try this beauty baby!
But, i found most of things are quitly different with what i have got before.
This car get a large range to adjust and very much things to play with.
I have a question about the "link mount bracket".

There are 4 types of the mount:u3526 1groove cf to u3528 3 groove and a u3577 3groove si. I can not find such information about this. Can someone help me to know more? Thanks!
3 groove gives you the longest links. 1 groove gives you the shortest link. You can put shims under the camber plate to take camber cain away.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Just ordered my lipo pro preassembled version.. When it comes I may just want to look at and fondle it for ever.... but if i ever stop drooling on it and decide to race it what am I in for? What parts do you guys suggest having on hand?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Dusttt, saw your post on DHW thread about running this sunday. Guess you could say they are my home track, my buddy Sparks and I are the only ones running Schuies in the area. He's still running a MI3 and I'm running a MI4, mine is a first USA batch car. I have not broke a piece on my car in 8 or so months of racing. So you don't need to stock much. Plus if you need something to finish the day I probably will have it. My pit space is very easy to find, I'm the only one who shows up with a fifthwheel trailer. Stop by and say hi. Even at the track everyone knows my as Mopar.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

You the guy with the blower a few weeks back when we got rained out? I wont have that car before sunday just ordered it tonight but will be rolling with my trusty TC4 (carbon not tub version)... Im the guy with the Harley Truck see you Sunday!!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default mi4 setups

I getting back into running touring cars after a long time. I am having a hard time setting the car to run in a consistant manor at which I can build off. I run indoor carpet, rubber 13.5 and out door paved 13.5 rubber.

I have two mi4s one I want to set up for indoors and one outdoors only. I would appreciate a pair of setups to try.

I experimenting with a setup I found on here for carpet 13.5 rubber. I was having a lot trouble keeping the rear end planted. It break loose under breaking and very hard to control.

Thanks.

One last question, I did experiment with a diff up front, that would not cause the rear end to come loose?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by andy3000; 03-30-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
I getting back into running touring cars after a long time. I am having a hard time setting the car to run in a consistant manor at which I can build off. I run indoor carpet, rubber 13.5 and out door paved 13.5 rubber.

I have two mi4s one I want to set up for indoors and one outdoors only. I would appreciate a pair of setups to try.

I experimenting with a setup I found on here for carpet 13.5 rubber. I was having a lot trouble keeping the rear end planted. It break loose under breaking and very hard to control.

Thanks.

One last question, I did experiment with a diff up front, that would not cause the rear end to come loose?
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/schu...umacherMi4.htm

Here is a good collection of setups. Where are you located, what tires, etc will all play a big part in which setups will work best. If the car is pretty good, just loose, you might be better posting your current setup and get some suggestions on changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.