R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #1606
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
wow.
You want to be BCC'd?
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #1607
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
You want to be BCC'd?
you're sick.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #1608
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

SCHUMACHER Mi4 LP pro race kit and SPARES!
HEWITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #1609
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,933
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

No more BOR on this thread He must have a GF finally....LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #1610
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 100
Default Schumacher USA closing

New to this thread, picked up an mi4lp in December, seeing now that Schumacher USA is closing (from BigSquidRC), and both my local shop and AMain seem to be running out of parts. Thoughts on parts availability in the US going forward?

Oh - and if you try to order from www.racing-cars.com (Schumacher's website I think), when you select your zone, the only option for USA is labeled "USA (Trade Dealers Only)". But there are no US trade dealers, right???

Are we out in the cold????

Last edited by JohnPrz; 02-19-2010 at 07:57 AM.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #1611
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
No more BOR on this thread He must have a GF finally....LOL
Hahaha, girls don't like the BOR, the whole "my life is all about playing with toy cars" thing is a incredible first date killer..
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #1612
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,520
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPrz View Post
New to this thread, picked up an mi4lp in December, seeing now that Schumacher USA is closing (from BigSquidRC), and both my local shop and AMain seem to be running out of parts. Thoughts on parts availability in the US going forward?

Oh - and if you try to order from www.racing-cars.com (Schumacher's website I think), when you select your zone, the only option for USA is labeled "USA (Trade Dealers Only)". But there are no US trade dealers, right???

Are we out in the cold????
no you are not,
stormerhobbies.com has plenty of shouie parts in stock, and you may also order direct from the UK. when going to the racing-cars.com web site just click on the UK and the rest of the world link. it should only be about 3-5 days shipping from there.
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #1613
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 100
Default

Right, when you go to racing-cars.com, click on UK and the rest of the world, go shopping, add something to your cart and then try to check out, in the shipping section, the only option for US is "USA (Trade Dealers Only)".

Stormer still seems to have fewer parts than Amain, even with Amain showing about half of their Mi4 parts out of stock. Can't even find stock replacement pivot blocks at Stormer. Do a search for "mi4" made by Schumacher, and Stormer shows just 12 items, 2 of which are full kits.

Last edited by JohnPrz; 02-19-2010 at 08:33 AM.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #1614
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

This whole Schumacher thing is a real bummer. Adam and Shawn and what they did to help the US Schumacher & Speed Passion crowd is why I was running Schumacher and Speed Passion. If I was in the UK, I would love to keep my car. It's a shame im shipping it out today. i'm a little disappointed that my hobby shop has yet to be alerted on anything of the sorts for getting Schumacher products from here on out. I had a lot of people convinced on the car for the summer parking lot. I do hate to say I jumped ship, but a T3 and SXX will be on its way to my table and anodizing bin soon. If a solid way to get ahold of parts is established with the US shops, I may come back. I feel like a conformist going to the Ex-ray. Ahh well

I wish the Schumacher Usa crew good luck with whatever they are doing and a thanks for what they did.

-Mike
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #1615
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 100
Default

Yes, a shame. Took me about a year to finally bite the bullet, do the research, and decide on an mi4lp. Now that I'm hooked on the format, I will likely switch to a T3 as well. It is what it is.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #1616
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,520
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPrz View Post
Right, when you go to racing-cars.com, click on UK and the rest of the world, go shopping, add something to your cart and then try to check out, in the shipping section, the only option for US is "USA (Trade Dealers Only)".

Stormer still seems to have fewer parts than Amain, even with Amain showing about half of their Mi4 parts out of stock. Can't even find stock replacement pivot blocks at Stormer. Do a search for "mi4" made by Schumacher, and Stormer shows just 12 items, 2 of which are full kits.
3/4 of the Mi4 is Mi3 parts or Mi2 parts, maybe you have to look for those? when ever I call shouie usa for a part if they are out i go to stormers. what happens when you click the trade dealers box? maybe send them a email and ask whats up?

for me, the car is awesome, i have pretty much every thing i need for spares, and waiting a extra day or two on shipping isn't that big a deal for me. none of my local shops even carry shuie parts.
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #1617
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

I find it funny that everyone is selling their cars already, parts will come directly to the shops instead of going through schumacher usa, if anything the shops will get parts a few days faster. Adam and Shawn provided great support though, and it does suck to not have that stateside.

Feel free to send me any spare parts you don't want
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #1618
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 100
Default

A month after requesting them, my shop still hasn't been able to get pivot blocks or the lipo battery strap and posts in. I gave up and ordered from A-Main, but now A-Main is running out of parts. I can run with strapping tape for the battery, but not with broken pivot blocks. If I can get parts from across the pond at reasonable shipping rates, then fine, I just haven't had to do it before and it seemed from the website that it might not be an option.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #1619
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
3/4 of the Mi4 is Mi3 parts or Mi2 parts, maybe you have to look for those? when ever I call shouie usa for a part if they are out i go to stormers. what happens when you click the trade dealers box? maybe send them a email and ask whats up?.
More parts; thanks; I don't know how many of them work on the mi4. Searching for the one item I have had to replace so far (pivot blocks, part # SCHU3494), they do not have them.

I will contact Schumacher about shipping direct to consumers in the US.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #1620
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I find it funny that everyone is selling their cars already, parts will come directly to the shops instead of going through schumacher usa, if anything the shops will get parts a few days faster. Adam and Shawn provided great support though, and it does suck to not have that stateside.

Feel free to send me any spare parts you don't want
The biggest thing is a lot of us want state side support. We want to have a distributing center to ring up and talk to when we need to. I honestly never used the online order feature on racing cars. One of us just called them and made the order. And as a shop, I have heard nothing of this new system. I still have customers that are interested in the Cougar. Is that thing gonna fall off the american map?

But its a part of life, something happens, and people make personal decisions on what they wanna do. I made my decision for what benefits me best, and others made the ones that benefit them the best.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone Frank McKinney Electric On-Road 19762 07-26-2017 10:42 PM
Schumacher Corner meche Electric On-Road 27727 07-20-2015 07:38 PM
2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub LOSI123 Australian Racing 348 01-06-2010 10:08 AM
Racecraft TC Challange 2 Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 82 08-01-2009 12:07 AM
Schumacher Mi3/3.5 parts and roller!!! Eastcoast13.5 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 07-19-2009 01:15 PM
Opinions on TC's hippie Electric On-Road 58 07-08-2009 10:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net