Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ko Propo 2.4ghz system >

Ko Propo 2.4ghz system

Ko Propo 2.4ghz system

Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ko Propo 2.4ghz system

Just wondering if anybody has used this yet and what there experiences with it where, how it compares to the spektrum system etc.
Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

I think it works great..I'm really happy with it, have not had any problems and the support is great...Hope that helps...Later Drew
Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John_S
Just wondering if anybody has used this yet and what there experiences with it where, how it compares to the spektrum system etc.
Thanks

If you get an updated system then you'd be ok, I think. They had trouble with Futaba 4PKs swamping them out in the begining. They chose not to make it public so you had to find out the hard way but they were very quick to say that they would fix it for free if you sent it in. I think it was lame the way they handled the problem but they problably didn't want to come out and say that Futaba ate their lunch. I think the problem is fixed now.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
If you get an updated system then you'd be ok, I think. They had trouble with Futaba 4PKs swamping them out in the begining. They chose not to make it public so you had to find out the hard way but they were very quick to say that they would fix it for free if you sent it in. I think it was lame the way they handled the problem but they problably didn't want to come out and say that Futaba ate their lunch. I think the problem is fixed now.
This was a very rare problem to begin with. Anyway the KO system was out before the 4PK came out. I have not had any problems with my KO 2.4g system. I just had y module updated at the carpet nats just because KO America was there.

The great thing about this system is you do not need a binding plug like the spectrum. It sucks when you can not find one. The KO receiver has a button. Plus the receiver is super small. And the system runs around the same price as the Spectrum system. I also imaging the latency is lower than the spectrum with the KO brand.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Having tried everything out there for 2.4G I can tell you KO's system is flawless.

You also cannot beat their service. Help and answers are just an email away.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Having tried everything out there for 2.4G I can tell you KO's system is flawless.

You also cannot beat their service. Help and answers are just an email away.
The Ko system is perfect i accidently cut my receiver wire (total user error) and it still works. range is perfect and no binding problems at all.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Thats exellent thanks alot guys
Old 04-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I like that I don't have to run a receiver cap with the KO unlike how I often needed to with the Spektrum.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm, I must have gotten a faulty unit. I got one in April from their online store and just tried it for the first time last weekend. When I get the transmitter and receiver communicating the system is perfect - glitch free, long range, no issues. But 2 out of 3 times I power the system on, the transmitter and receiver refuse to communicate. Note I have been turning on the radio first, waiting for the solid red light on the transmitter module, turning on the receiver, and waiting for the solid red on the receiver. 2 out of 3 times though, I will get a solid red light on both yet only the steering servo responds to radio input and even then it's glitchy and very slow. No throttle response. Or I will not get a solid red light on the receiver (keeps blinking for more than 60 seconds) and in that scenario, neither servo responds. So it's only working for me 1 out of 3 power ons. Note that it does seem to be better (works 3 out of 4 times) if I power the radio and receiver on when they are at least 4 ft apart. Go figure.

Note I know it's not my radio or my servos as I have tried the tx/rx module with another helios and it exhibits the same problem. And I have also used my radio/servos with the normal 75Mhz crystal module/receiver and they work great.

I sent an email to KO. Hopefully they respond back and exchange the parts for me.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I was pretty skeptical of switching from crystals to 2.4 because of some of the issues I'd seen with other brands' equipment in the past. I finally picked up the KO module and a couple receivers under peer pressure, and haven't gone back since. I have to say I cant tell the difference between the KO 2.4 system and standard crystals.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdev
Hmm, I must have gotten a faulty unit. I got one in April from their online store and just tried it for the first time last weekend. When I get the transmitter and receiver communicating the system is perfect - glitch free, long range, no issues. But 2 out of 3 times I power the system on, the transmitter and receiver refuse to communicate. Note I have been turning on the radio first, waiting for the solid red light on the transmitter module, turning on the receiver, and waiting for the solid red on the receiver. 2 out of 3 times though, I will get a solid red light on both yet only the steering servo responds to radio input and even then it's glitchy and very slow. No throttle response. Or I will not get a solid red light on the receiver (keeps blinking for more than 60 seconds) and in that scenario, neither servo responds. So it's only working for me 1 out of 3 power ons. Note that it does seem to be better (works 3 out of 4 times) if I power the radio and receiver on when they are at least 4 ft apart. Go figure.

Note I know it's not my radio or my servos as I have tried the tx/rx module with another helios and it exhibits the same problem. And I have also used my radio/servos with the normal 75Mhz crystal module/receiver and they work great.

I sent an email to KO. Hopefully they respond back and exchange the parts for me.

check to make sure you have the updated module.

I did have a problem in vegas last year. this was before they figured out the 4pk thing. I was running next to a 4pk all week long. go figure. but I love the system. i tried the spektrum when it first came out and had soo many issues that I would never go back to them. I swapped to a futaba becaause they had their own 2.4 system. but as soon as ko annouced they had 2.4 coming, I sold the futaba and got another helios. i even ran crystals for a couple weeks until the 2.4 system was out.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdev

IMO I still think that they don't have a perfected system. I have the same problem as you
and that is after I sent in two receivers and the module for an update. One receiver works and the other does the same as you stated above.

I really want a Futaba.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I have just recently switched to the 2.4, from crystals and will never go back. like everyone said help is just a click away to. robert is a great guy to deal with
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I was pretty skeptical of switching from crystals to 2.4 because of some of the issues I'd seen with other brands' equipment in the past. I finally picked up the KO module and a couple receivers under peer pressure, and haven't gone back since. I have to say I cant tell the difference between the KO 2.4 system and standard crystals.
welcome to 2009! see you tomorrow at OCRC.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jag88
IMO I still think that they don't have a perfected system. I have the same problem as you
and that is after I sent in two receivers and the module for an update. One receiver works and the other does the same as you stated above.

I really want a Futaba.
well I got a prompt response from support and i'm sending my units in. hopefully it gets fixed as when i did get it to sync, it was flawless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.