Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RC Devil PC10H2 200mm Pan Car

http://www.redrc.net/2009/03/rc-devi...200mm-pan-car/

Thanks to RedRC.net for the details.

http://www.rcdevil.de/html/rc_devil_-__gallery.html

For the photo gallery with really crappy music.

Looks like the central positioning of batteries on Pan Cars may be the new design as LiPo batteries gain in popularity.

What do you guys think? Yay or Naye on this car? It looks like the car has been made a little more complicated versus what is currently out.

I am still resting on the CRC Gen X 10 car being the cream of the crop. This car looks a little interesting.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Neat car, looks heavy though.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

All I heard from the Pan car guys was "Touring cars are to complicated" "You have 4 shocks" Blah,blah,blah. This looks more complex than any TC I've seen, and it has 5 shocks.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
All I heard from the Pan car guys was "Touring cars are to complicated" "You have 4 shocks" Blah,blah,blah. This looks more complex than any TC I've seen, and it has 5 shocks.
Looks cool but at $648.00 U.S. Dollars... not sure many will sell. Of course, that's list price and street price will bring it down considerably but it will still be more than most TC's.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Don't worry. It will still be faster than a touring car.

Features:
Features
- Dampened special front axle with a lot of geometry setting possibilities
- Double deck graphite chassis
- V-Link rear pod works balanced like a pendulum with adjustable 4 point roll center, with fan mounting support (fan is optional)
- Special designed chassis with 2 stage bottom for aerodynamic effect
- 5 dampers
- Universal chassis for different battery types (Lipo & NiMh) and battery configurations
- Assymetrical chassis design for battery and electronics for perfect car balancing
- Titanium turnbuckles
- Dark red anodized aluminium parts
- CNC manufactured lexan parts for maximum crash resistance
- Designed for low profile steering servos with normal size
- Crash optimized front bumper system for maximum protection of the front
- Extremely robust RC car using highest quality materials.
- All screws are made from high tensile steel
- The car is optimized for quick maintenance
- Every car has an engraved serial no. on the front top deck

Seems some optimizing has been done. Doesn't seem quite luxurious enough however.

On a serious note, the steering set-up looks cool. The front suspension is different, but I'm not sure how/if it will fit into WGT rules.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If someknows about the Hatzenbach Project, this is just the 200mm version now with new name. The guy who developed the Hatzenbach sold his project and this is the result now.
As the car is made in small numbers this will be much more expensive than other cars.
Canīt speak for the new car but if you have a Hatzenbach in your hands you will know why this is such high price. Thatīs by far the best and stiffest graphite I ever saw. I think BMI uses a much better graphite than most other brands, but this is even better than the BMI parts.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
Don't worry. It will still be faster than a touring car.
So what? It's not running against TC's. The question is will it be faster than other pan cars?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember looking into this car when it was Hatzenbach.

For a little background reading look here:

http://72.14.205.132/translate_c?hl=...YQeoDwyfC5OLxw
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

After looking at that chassis -it might as well be a TC. I like the simple design of a normal type pan car chassis. With the corally type A arms one good wack and your out. Looks like my old Corally 1/12th A arms from 2003 that would break with the slightest contact with anything.
Even with the front shock set-up it should be legal for World Gt class .
Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

I dont know guys. I think I will save it for when I see this thing run. My money is on the CRC.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Actually I'd like to see the car I've got in the Garage made into a narrow chassis.Can't take a picture-no camera- It's different with the batteries down the center.I've probably got the only one left that was made.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

As far as the 5 shocks, I am not too concerned about that. The 5th shock is usually used to set the ride height and dampen any bumps on the track. Though what really gets to me is why the front arms look like one crash will ruin the settings. The one thing that I see that can resolve "board meetings" resetting your settings is to use nuts behind the plastic cups that tie the arm links down. That way, after a nasty board meeting, you can rest assured that the nut behind the plastic cups will keep the car in the same setting you had prior.

As far as the front shocks, I think a kingpin design would have been a more prudent route to go by. It's a simple design yet very effective and efficient in my opinion.

I do not see this car going very far or into many hands at all. It is way too complex and takes out the simple beauty in 200mm 10th scale pan cars.

Darkside, CRC, and BMI (with the Lipo support tray) are way ahead of the game in terms of preparing for 2s LiPo packs. I am sure Team Associated is not too far off either. Same with the CEFX "Cyrulinator" 10th scale pan car. But one thing that makes these current cars so great and gaining popularity over Touring Cars is the fact that most everyone can work on these cars and get a good setup that works for them. RC Devil should take notes on what is already out there now and make a better design than what they have now.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
I remember looking into this car when it was Hatzenbach.

For a little background reading look here:

http://72.14.205.132/translate_c?hl=...YQeoDwyfC5OLxw
This was the first version prototype Ascari. Later the name was changed to Hatzenbach also the second version looks different to the Ascari. Different battery position, different front suspension, different servo position, also rear isnīt exactly the same.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

I agree with Harry about the frontend. I busted many a corally A-Arm and cost me finishing a race. Now if they make it out of metal like Corally did later and add a big bumper then it should work. But I'll keep my simpler designed chassis for awhile longer.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
After looking at that chassis -it might as well be a TC. I like the simple design of a normal type pan car chassis. With the corally type A arms one good wack and your out. Looks like my old Corally 1/12th A arms from 2003 that would break with the slightest contact with anything.
Even with the front shock set-up it should be legal for World Gt class .
Well this hasnīt anything to do with the Corally A-arms. The lower arms are made from very thick graphite what I never saw breaking and remember we donīt use 13.5T motors but 4.5T or 7T deltas with 2S Lipos. The red aluminium plate actually isnīt part of the suspension but a base plate for mounting the upper arms.
At the original Hatzenbach car you didnīt find aluminium plates, this was an overall graphite car.

On every car you may find some parts what could break. Iīm not sure what this could be on the new car. I did break exactly one part during one season of racing and this was when I lost traction and crashed backwards at full speed into the barriers.

Of course this car is more complicated than some other cars but you will find some interesting things not found on any other car as adjustable rear rollcenter (even beyond track surface) for different grip levels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.