R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2002, 06:56 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

water dipping fact:

these silver cans have a reverse curve armature, which means the top and the bottom of the brushes are the olny ones in contact with the comm. I've ALWAYS water dipped until i can see that the brush is sitting full face on the comm....

pitting to the guy who always TQs, he told me he doesn't do it. Got two new motors, qualified with one as is, no break-in. Came in second (would have been first.... if you're interested, the story is below )

finals, still using the same motor. saw that the brush is almost full-face contact, but not yet. The guy beside me TQ'd again, and he bought the new motor from me. Slapped it on to his car, and went on to win.

I think that the amp draw of these motors don't require a full face contact, and that only adds drag. Try it. I was a firm believer of the water dip before.... not anymore.

Oh, the story.... hehehe around the four minute mark, the announcer said i was neck to neck with the other guy, then he took it back and said that i was actually one lap ahead... hey, one lap ahead? i began taking a safe line, opening up on corners, waiting patiently till back-markers give way.... you guessed it, i was actually on the same lap! was in good fun, and gave me the chance to rib the announcer ALL DAY LONG, and he can't do anything about it.... i think it was worth it
jericsm is offline   Reply With Quote