R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Going overseas (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/28593-going-overseas.html)

Rhes4 12-01-2003 02:27 AM

Going overseas

hi,
I will be going overseas on Wednesday to Indonesia. I want to ask you guys about how to bring R/C overseas. What should I bring and what I shouldn't bring. Thanks

JohnA 12-01-2003 03:12 AM

Take the minimum required, try to find out in advance what tyres you will need for the tracks you will be racing on, heavy items like power supplies, see if you can borrow one where you are going.

I my experience customs are OK as long as you tell them what everything is and can demonstrate that it is safe, ie. dont have charged batterys rolling round in your bag.

B3x 12-01-2003 03:32 AM

No motor spray
Remove batteries from transmitter
Pack each(car) battery pack separately
No chemicals such as tire traction sauce
other than that bubble wrap everything separately to make sure it is secure during the flight.

slowhand 12-01-2003 03:34 AM

you can bring anything you want, but keep it minimal. rc stuff in Indonesia is cheaper than that in Australia or Europe. the only problem that you have to prepare is the custom in Ind. they can be annoying at times. mãke sure u remove any boxes/ labels with prices. if d custom ask abt d stuff, try to convince them that d stuff r not new /for personal use. in d worst case, u might expect to pay a small under table money.

B3x 12-01-2003 03:36 AM

Funny I am in Sydney, and I am leaving wednesday for LA
Maybe I'll see you at the airport. Is there a lot of tracks in the Sydney area, cause I am going to come back. What a beautifull country and I cannot believe how cool and nice the people are in Australia.

Cheers Mate !

Rhes4 12-01-2003 04:02 AM

One more thing can I put transmitter in back pack? There is only one on-road permanent track in Sydney. Most of the track in Sydney are not permanent. I'm not sure about off-road.

B3x 12-01-2003 05:03 AM

well why not just remove the batteries and keep them with you in case security wants you to prove the radio works (light on).
I was checking the list of strictly forbidden electronics to run inside an airplane during flight and a remote control car transmitter is one of them. I flew from Melbournes to Sydney 2 days ago

slowhand 12-01-2003 06:18 AM

you can bring anything you want, but keep it minimal. rc stuff in Indonesia is cheaper than that in Australia or Europe. the only problem that you have to prepare is the custom in Ind. they can be annoying at times. mãke sure u remove any boxes/ labels with prices. if d custom ask abt d stuff, try to convince them that d stuff r not new /for personal use. in d worst case, u might expect to pay a small under table money.

Cobra81li200 12-01-2003 07:21 AM

Keep your batteries in your hand luggage (beware, tools are not allowed in it not even a screwdriver), they wont like to go in the non-pressurized area.

Steevo 12-01-2003 04:30 PM

Originally posted by Rhes4
One more thing can I put transmitter in back pack?

I wouldn't be surprised if you were held up by Airport Security with a transmitter in your backpack (hand luggage)

To avoid any hassle I would pack it in your suit case or somewhere other than in your carry on luggage.

Just my thoughts

steevo

contact 12-01-2003 05:14 PM

no tools is safe

i flew out of aust with motor spary, but could not get it on the plane at the other end to come home!

i carried everything important on the plane... batteries, chargers, car, transmitter, motors.... and was not asked any questions... thank hevens they did not weigh my hand luggage!:lol: :blush:

redsand 12-01-2003 10:03 PM

the funny thing that i still remember when the day i left omaha for frisco, the guy at the gate asked don't tell me what's in the duffel after my bag went thru the xray monitor, then i opened it up and it was a 200mm kit with a porche body, he said i knew it !! you shouldn't had told me ! and the lady next to me, was like" ...hmmm duh !"
well, back then it was a lot easier to carry rc stuff on the plane, now even an e-lip remover isn't allowed in the carry on.:eek:

S-T-R-l-K-E-R 12-01-2003 10:39 PM

IMPORTANT

i just arrived at vegas. i brought all my gear and i for me there are 2 important things that you must remember. bring your transmitter along with you in your carry-on bag. the last thing you need is to have your sensitive equiptment crushed/manhanlded. second ly have a r/c magazine with you AT ALL TIMES. this is to show then what things you have with you that they know nothing about.