Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HB Cyclone TC worthy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aprila
Sup guys ima going into an advance ep touring platform from my TT-01 with almost full hopups.

My question is, shld the cyclone TC be the preferred touring car or you guys out there have better brands to reccommend? Secondly, what is the difference between a normal cyclone and a cyclone WCE?

p.s: i don't want to spend a large some of money with regrets, some guidelines please. will be appreciative [=
Question, you want to improve your knowledge on touring car or just want to play with it? Like Clint always mention RCMarket is the place for HB, you don't have to stick with local!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So the cars you sold to Art were junk
Car=one...and I beat YOU with it....LOL junk my butt....
Old 03-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tc5 = junk carbon and junk aluminum.

get the hot bodies car you wont be disappointed. easy car to set up ( they all are not that hard, but i find it super easy) it feels great on the track.

who ever said parts are hard to get is not looking anywhere for them. crap most of the easy to break parts came from the pro4 anyway. like arms hubs and carriers all can be pro 4 stuff.

also the springs for the shocks are the best. hpi springs are used by many top drivers and they are always consistant and wear evenly
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mxzhonkey

get the hot bodies car you wont be disappointed. easy car to set up ( they all are not that hard, but i find it super easy) it feels great on the track.

who ever said parts are hard to get is not looking anywhere for them. crap most of the easy to break parts came from the pro4 anyway. like arms hubs and carriers all can be pro 4 stuff.

also the springs for the shocks are the best. hpi springs are used by many top drivers and they are always consistant and wear evenly
+1
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

What issues have you found with their carbon and aluminum?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EJ20
Question, you want to improve your knowledge on touring car or just want to play with it? Like Clint always mention RCMarket is the place for HB, you don't have to stick with local!
bro, i wanna improve my knowledge and go into expert level of touring. hmm my local track is asphalt surface, track specs i hadn't get it as of yet. hmm many reviews about TC5 seems pretty cool on that.

-aprila
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

in other words cyclone tc do not have any shortage of parts? so its in the market after all eh and whats the different between a cyclone tc and a cyclone wce? cool cheers pal.

-aprila
Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, get HB Cyclone TC or WCE! Both suffer from unequal rear toe angles
out of the box!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
The boards beat me..... Mo has my new chassis so I will be picking it up and putting Humpty dumpty back together again.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
Word.
Originally Posted by STLNLST
So the cars you sold to Art were junk:weird
I was referring to anyone thinking of buying a car like a TC5 used.More then likely you will need a bunch of crap to refresh the car to get it to be consistent.The actual 2nd Cyclone I just bought is a used one.I also bought a new Kit.Both solid cars.So solid Jeff Hastings and Arluck were crapping their pants after driving my TC.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LATC3
other peoples cars aren't junk. the only way it makes the items they sell junk is if they don't know how to drive (like me lol).

I bought a tc5r with all the parts to build a tc5f and the F parts are MINT in package. for VERY good price. I didn't buy junk.

the tc5r is a very good car but you need some experiance in these cars. I'm was more of a basher but now I started practicing at my closest track and its a great stronge car. the only thing is that my know-how on setups and tunning is limited. so it does make it kinda out of my range. and a little more advance then my smarts.(but I'm learning a lot with it)

I would say get a ta05...BUT I have a lot of tamiya cars and they ALWAYS discontinue parts and cars. so I'm not going to send you that way..(sorry tamiya guys)

BUT I would say get either the tc3, tc4, or tc5.

tc3: parts are VERY easy to come by even tho its an old dated car.

tc4: the tc4 is just an updated tc3 and they have enough parts then you need.

tc5: very stronge car. parts are UNLIMITED. parts are very stronge. you'll learn with it.

but look around and choose good. find the car that your LHS suports the most in parts and what not.

goodluck!

racenut is a long time friend. I was just giving him crap He always sells quality items Anytime I can poke fun at him I will.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I purchased my TC5R used and have yet to lose a race with it, nor have I broken a single part. The car however was well taken care of and in like new condition hence my reason for purchasing. Prior to purchasing a used car, I believe that one should ask numerous questions so that they know exactly what they are purchasing.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

all brands are good just gotta make sure you know you'll like it. and people close to you run them.

know one can tell you what's the best or worthy because everyone is different. so the choice is more on what do YOU like. also a huge thing I would look at is what does your LHS carry.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

so far the reccommended one would be TC5 as of now. in conjunction with this thread. bro my LHS here mainly distribute tamiya, hpi, hotbodies. these 3 would be main. easier to get spares and stuff. so i really dunno what shld i get, tc5 will be harder for me to get spares from lhs unless i go by shipping. and that also means lesser competition for tc5. mainly hpi/hb and tamiya competitions.

cheers.

-aprila
Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Get the Cyclone TC
Where I race no matter what brand of cars people have we all use aluminum front and rear hubs. Get them right from the start and you'll be very happy with your Cyclone.... Like I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.