Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Connecting drivers to equipment

It would be really helpful if sometime/somewhere on this thread someone would list what the various top drivers are racing; in particular the Chassis,ESC,Motor,Battery. For me is is interesting that driver so and so won a particular race but I am far more interested equipment they winners were using.t

Even at this fairly early point there must be some good information about which chassis seems to be dominant and which ESC motor combo and which batterys are being used by the top qualifiers.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can keep us updated with this information or at least provide a run down for the top finishers after the event.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
It would be really helpful if sometime/somewhere on this thread someone would list what the various top drivers are racing; in particular the Chassis,ESC,Motor,Battery. For me is is interesting that driver so and so won a particular race but I am far more interested equipment they winners were using.t

Even at this fairly early point there must be some good information about which chassis seems to be dominant and which ESC motor combo and which batterys are being used by the top qualifiers.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can keep us updated with this information or at least provide a run down for the top finishers after the event.

+1...
Old 11-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No Dumas, no Lia, is Speedmerchant taking the weekend off?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Are there any manufacturers there selling their products this year? Trinity, Orion, ??? anybody else?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Any picures online. Cant find any on Rc50...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It is quite sad what has happened to the US Indoor Champs. I will no longer consider it a prestigious race. I remember back in 2004 when the Stock TC went to like the L main along with every other class. It really meant something to make the A, B or C for that matter. No longer is that the truth considering some classes have only enough for an A and a B and actually one only will have an A. That's crazy. I believe they had almost as many entries as the Halloween Classic. Whatever happened to Stock and Mod Sedan and Stock and Mod 12scale?...and Paragon?!.....ah, the good ole days!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah

not sure on guys combo's but there's ALOT of crc stickers on 1/12 and wgt cars so i assume that's what they are running. i did see a couple serpent 1/12 and associated 1/12 and wgt cars. i seen alot of corally stickers in touring car, a couple associated, xray, and one top car.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Race #'s are down globally guys.
This hobby runs in cycle's or laps if you will.
Once we figure out how to settle on less classes with better racing we will see #'s come back I think.
Mod seems to be dying.
Seems to me like the focus is to put food on the table not laps on the track.

Imho.

Dave.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
I'm sure that the economy has had a lot to do with the lower numbers, but there has to be something else keeping the other 154 entries away. Is it too many classes? Is it the change over to 1s lipo in 1/12 scale? Is it the cost of the hobby in general? Funny how the largest class is 13.5 1/12 scale and the next largest is Masters and only a couple of years ago TC was the big deal.
1/8 offroad
Old 11-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
It is quite sad what has happened to the US Indoor Champs. I will no longer consider it a prestigious race. I remember back in 2004 when the Stock TC went to like the L main along with every other class. It really meant something to make the A, B or C for that matter. No longer is that the truth considering some classes have only enough for an A and a B and actually one only will have an A. That's crazy. I believe they had almost as many entries as the Halloween Classic. Whatever happened to Stock and Mod Sedan and Stock and Mod 12scale?...and Paragon?!.....ah, the good ole days!!!
Originally Posted by mtbboy
Race #'s are down globally guys.
This hobby runs in cycle's or laps if you will.
Once we figure out how to settle on less classes with better racing we will see #'s come back I think.
Mod seems to be dying.
Seems to me like the focus is to put food on the table not laps on the track.

Imho.

Dave.
Well said...
Old 11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Yeah maybe if there was not so many classes to dilute anything. I really think onroad needs to get back to 2 motor types for the classes also stock and mod.

I am surprised VTA was a class for this race.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

While I do see a the issue with classes being diluted due to having to many classes to choose from, it makes no sense to assume that limiting the classes will help the number of entries.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
While I do see a the issue with classes being diluted due to having to many classes to choose from, it makes no sense to assume that limiting the classes will help the number of entries.
Well if you had some sense then it would be easier to understand
Old 11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Well if you had some sense then it would be easier to understand
Oh, is that it?
Old 11-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is quite sad what has happened to the US Indoor Champs. I will no longer consider it a prestigious race.
I'm not sure I agree. As I understand it, waay back in the day, Cleveland was a 1:12-only race. And to look at the 2009 entries and results so far, I would say that 1:12 is running deep and fast. As for TC's, yeah, attendance is down. But that's not exactly the end of the world, though many seem to think so. I would say the prestige is still very high for those driving the original, and still the best, indoor class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.