R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   new stock motor binary (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/28406-new-stock-motor-binary.html)

roush steeda 6 11-27-2003 05:59 PM

new stock motor binary

will this be legal stock for roar use:confused:

MarkA 11-27-2003 06:03 PM

Re: new stock motor binary

Originally posted by roush steeda 6
Bottom line: No.

roush steeda 6 11-27-2003 06:11 PM

Re: new stock motor binary

because of the magnets

MarkA 11-27-2003 06:17 PM

Re: Re: new stock motor binary

because of the magnets
ROAR rule 5-24 for stock motors - "Only two, single piece ceramic magnets are allowed."

roush steeda 6 11-27-2003 06:19 PM

batterys &motors

what can ido to get the most out of stock class racing touring:tire:

howard hudson 11-27-2003 06:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: new stock motor binary

Originally posted by MarkA
ROAR rule 5-24 for stock motors - "Only two, single piece ceramic magnets are allowed."
until the next rewrite of the book

MarkA 11-27-2003 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: new stock motor binary

Originally posted by howard hudson
until the next rewrite of the book
True - with ROAR everything is subject to change, especially if Trinity's kick-back is big enough...:eek: :lol: ;)

roush steeda 6 11-27-2003 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: new stock motor binary

thanks for the info

howard hudson 11-27-2003 06:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new stock motor binary

True - with ROAR everything is subject to change, especially if Trinity's kick-back is big enough...:eek: :lol: ;)
In a true aspect of it all. It only matters at sanctioned events at club races it should be fine:nod: :nod:

MarkA 11-27-2003 06:23 PM

what can ido to get the most out of stock class racing touring:tire:
I’d advise looking at the existing stock motor thread here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=39 for that one.

howard hudson 11-27-2003 06:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new stock motor binary

True - Trinity's kick-back is big enough...:eek: :lol: ;)
ya know it is

DerekB 11-28-2003 08:04 PM

Just a friendly reminder to all the Trinity Haters...

Thankyou Trinity for not following the rules and coming out with a rebuildable stock motor. Following rules is good for current racing, but to move technology ahead I hope that people look to better technology and not what the rules say are legal.

Novak has this new philosophy too with the brushless.

So before all you Trinity trolls go nuts think about advancing the sport...

Personally I Wish the rules left more room for experimentation. I want the best performaing and longest lasting stuff. If that means a company can work aroud the rules or break the rules to do that then I'm 100% for it.

ChrisP 11-28-2003 08:08 PM

From the reports I've heard around the track today in Cleveland don't worry about the Binary2...it's not all it's cracked up to be...

People are trying all kinds of different brush/spring combinations and results are still mediocre...

Someone may still find a magic combination...but not so far...

RC Paperboy 11-29-2003 09:27 AM

Stock racing is supposed to be cheap and slow for the beginner. rebuildable motors made motors last longer. 4 magnets will only improve performance, it has no effect on the cost of the motor or its longevity. Thats the difference between going to 4-magnets and to rebuildable.

popsracer 11-29-2003 09:43 AM

new stock motor binary

The general masses have yet to get these into their hands, but from previous examples of 4 magnet (Mod) motors I would expect the following.

More than likely the change to 4 magnets will shift the power band up higher in the rpm range. Most people are already looking for more Torque in the MS, so in TC it could be a problem.

The MS Armature has very few lamination as it is and examples with little or no balance holes tend to make more overall power. With no drill holes, power from sample to sample should be better.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for these new Motors to make it to the mainstream Hobbiest (if at all) and what people really think of them.