R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Eagle Racing/INDI 16X9v6 1-10 Cells AC/DC Computerized Charger? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/28364-eagle-racing-indi-16x9v6-1-10-cells-ac-dc-computerized-charger.html)

bruisedwillis 11-26-2003 10:47 PM

Eagle Racing/INDI 16X9v6 1-10 Cells AC/DC Computerized Charger?

Why there isn't anyone talking about it?

FUK_WRX 11-27-2003 03:52 AM

same as DC vesion

cause its exactly the same as the DC version.

bruisedwillis 11-27-2003 11:04 PM

is it good after all...I got three choices now...Pro Trak...GFX....and this...I like to know more about the performance with the price and AC option aside...is there any charging technology difference that impact the battery performance...1 thing i like is the IR measurement with the CDC which i think the other 2 comes without..

sosidge 11-28-2003 12:45 AM

I have both a Pro-trak and a CDC.

The basic benefit of the Pro-trak is the option of individual cell monitoring, and adjustable discharge voltage cutoff.

The benefit of the CDC is adjustable discharge current, the ability to charge 1-10 cells (v6), and the fact it just won't false peak. Internal resistance measurement is interesting, helps you find a tired pack, but you knew that anyway on the track.

I highly recommend the CDC for the price.

bruisedwillis 11-28-2003 01:18 AM

Originally posted by sosidge
I have both a Pro-trak and a CDC.

The basic benefit of the Pro-trak is the option of individual cell monitoring, and adjustable discharge voltage cutoff.

The benefit of the CDC is adjustable discharge current, the ability to charge 1-10 cells (v6), and the fact it just won't false peak. Internal resistance measurement is interesting, helps you find a tired pack, but you knew that anyway on the track.

I highly recommend the CDC for the price.

How abt the technology being used?? will that impact the battery performance...What happens if $$$ is not a issue...:cool:

sosidge 11-28-2003 03:24 AM

I haven't taken the chargers apart and read the chips so I can't really answer who has the best technology...

If money really was no object I'd try a CE Turbo 35 GFX, and have a Pro-trak, a CDC, a GM Commander and anything else you can imagine on the side!

fatdoggy 11-28-2003 05:07 AM

I don't own a V6 but I have a V5 and it's a great charger, except it sometimes displays a *hot* signal and pauses to cool down for a minute or two(usually during long cycle modes). With that said I'm sure the V6 is even better. :nod: I'd say get the V6 or the GFX. I find the eagle/integy chargers much easier to navigate then the GFX but I'm sure it could be master'd pretty quick if given an hour or two to mess around with it. But the GFX does charge the batteries very quickly compared to my V5. Both are great units, it all comes down to whether you want to carry a seperate power supply around. :lol:

che 11-28-2003 05:43 AM

The 16X9v6 is AC/DC (12v/110v/220v) and has a 14amp power supply built in. I can be charging/discharging a pack WHILE running a second charger or motor lathe or tire lathe off of the internal supply simutaneously.

A GFX is a lot more money and you still require a GOOD power supply to run it.

FOR THE MONEY SPENT, you can't beat the 16X9v6...

bruisedwillis 11-28-2003 05:48 AM

Originally posted by che
The 16X9v6 is AC/DC (12v/110v/220v) and has a 14amp power supply built in. I can be charging/discharging a pack WHILE running a second charger or motor lathe or tire lathe off of the internal supply simutaneously.

A GFX is a lot more money and you still require a GOOD power supply to run it.

FOR THE MONEY SPENT, you can't beat the 16X9v6...

as far as i know, cdc is not able to run lathe or do a motor run in right? how do you run lathe off the internal power supply?? I am real confuse...CAn you please explain to me? how about those fancy charging technology, do you have any experience?

SteveM 11-28-2003 05:55 AM

Chargers

I own an Integy 16x9 v5 and a CE Turbo 35 GFX and they are both nice. The Integy has the built-in 14amp power supply which makes things very easy. I only have to haul the one charger with me to the track which is nice. It also has a pair of outputs on the rear of the case that can be used to power a second charger. I use this feature to plug in a small Multiplex DC charger that I use to keep my transmitter topped up all the time. The menus on the Integy are very easy to navigate and I like them better than on the GFX.

The Turbo 35 GFX is a top line charger but needs a decent power supply in order to run it properly. I am using a Rivergate 30amp PS and this combination is rock solid. You can customize charge profiles on the GFX which is nice and the chart capability is pretty trick.

che 11-28-2003 06:30 AM

Originally posted by bruisedwillis
as far as i know, cdc is not able to run lathe or do a motor run in right? how do you run lathe off the internal power supply?? I am real confuse...CAn you please explain to me? how about those fancy charging technology, do you have any experience?
The 16X9v6 has an internal 14 amp (18amp peak) power supply built into the charger.

This charger can be run from a 12v power source or 110v AC current.

If you have the charger plugged in using the 110v, you can use the banna plugs at the rear for the internal power supply output.
(These same plugs are also used for the 12v DC input if you are not using the 110v source).

The 110v will power the charger and the internal power supply.
You can then use the internal power supply to run other things (like my second charger, my 12v tire lathe, or my motor comm lathe with 55t 12v motor) while still charging/dicharging/cycling your packs.

bruisedwillis 11-28-2003 06:38 AM

Originally posted by che
The 16X9v6 has an internal 14 amp (18amp peak) power supply built into the charger.

This charger can be run from a 12v power source or 110v AC current.

If you have the charger plugged in using the 110v, you can use the banna plugs at the rear for the internal power supply output.
(These same plugs are also used for the 12v DC input if you are not using the 110v source).

The 110v will power the charger and the internal power supply.
You can then use the internal power supply to run other things (like my second charger, my 12v tire lathe, or my motor comm lathe with 55t 12v motor) while still charging/dicharging/cycling your packs.

But the integy homepage states that its a 12V input NOT output..that why i wonder why it able to run lathe

http://integy.automated-shops.com/16x9v6_7.pdf

che 11-28-2003 07:06 AM

It is both input and output, that sheet is just saying not to connect BOTH 110v AND 12v inputs at the same time.

fatdoggy 11-28-2003 07:27 AM

With the V5 you can't run two chargers at once, if you hook up a tyre lathe or charger to the 12v plugs at the back it cuts off whatever your doing(charging/discharging). If like che says you can run two chargers off the V6(itself and another) then it's a bloody good deal. :lol:

Dam it che your making me think about upgrading to the V6. :weird:

Integy 16x9 =

Input - 240v, 110v, 12v

Output - 12v

che 11-28-2003 07:31 AM

I run the Yokomo BCS-D Double DC Charger off of it, so essentially I have 3 chargers (or 2 chargers and a 20amp discharger).... :D :nod:

I will shoot a pic of it tonight and post it up.