Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2003 US Indoor Championsions in Cleveland, OH

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I got my site back up but no video. looking for someone to host the video. I'll make one for the stock 12th main if I can get someone to host it. I pulled the video on my site. I might wait till it calms down. people want to see the results also and it won't happen with the video up. another thing I have which is cool and I will scan in is the sponsor sheets as filled out by the racers themselves mostly. I may post them here in a few days but I'll let the site die down a little first.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

here is a good shot of the line and how far back it really is. notice the wire on the floor going to the timing platform.
Attached Thumbnails R/C Tech Live @ the 2003 US Indoor Championsions in Cleveland, OH-theline.jpg  

Last edited by nashrcracer; 12-03-2003 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Robert!!! It was good racing with ya at the Champs.

What I want to know is if you will make the DVD's available this year? And if so, when will you have them available?

E-Mail me: [email protected]

Laterz!!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ApexSpeed
Well, that's highly debatable. After watching the video many times, and still not being totally sure where the finish line is (how can the finish line be so VAGUE at such a large event?), unless the line is at the beginning of the corner leading to the straight, one car lead all the way down the back straight, and it wasn't Orr.

Either way, to have a whole week's worth of racing come down to a few inches is absolutely amazing. Great show. Massive props to both winners in 12th Mod.

-doug
So if we went by the video footage wouldn't the guy with the "computer" win have a valid arguement? This just makes no sense the video doesn't show anything, from what I see Orr is in the lead at where I think the line is.

On the topic of triple As, they are exciting most of the time. the last Off Road nats had pavidis win in the last main in the last corner. Doesn't get more exciting than that.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is one thing more exciting.... Winning it in the last main, on the last lap, in the last turn... after bumping up from the B main.

I like the idea of running bump ups.. it does add time to the total event, but not THAT much comparatively.

I think Nash's pic of the line pretty much settles the controversy. The line was way back on the straight and to me both cars were much to close together at that point to use ANY visual means of determination... it makes sense why the difference was only .04 secs.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

i will be at carpet nats to work on ppl's motors
Old 12-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Nash, you going to Orlando for the Snowbirds? If so Id love to help out with coverage (Id really like to have a video diary since itll be my first big race).
Old 12-05-2003, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I will be there, and the level/amount/accuracy of the coverage should be our best yet. Full round-by-round listings, results from the club races, photos, and A-heat videos for R/C Tech subscribers.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

i will be at snowbirds helping ppl with there motors also...
Old 12-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Shane, I can help out at the snowbirds for coverage too.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Found a home for the video? Dying to see the 1/12 and sedan mains. Are you going to do a DVD for this year?
Old 12-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

as I sit here on dial up. yep I said dial up. at the rents for the weekend my sis came into town. I have a place for them and will upload them as soon as I get home. just bare with me. I will have the stock 12th main. but I have to record it to digi off my hi8 should take but a sec. as for windows media or quicktime I don't like the way they work and most of the time the updates don't work seamless for the codec. hence the problems some of you guys had downloading smalls video. real 9 had no problem getting the right codec running on the stuff I have. plus I can stream it on real. quicktime if you have the free version has the upgrade now crap that you have to click on each time you use it. plus real helix converts it to different sizes with no glitches. I will offer a downloadable version of it soon. but for now. it's streaming I think. still working on the site. as for the dvd it's in the works also. the cool thing is I have two views for the touring car stock and mod and mod 12th might try to get them into a two camera switch deal. we'll see.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Hey Nash, you going to Orlando for the Snowbirds? If so Id love to help out with coverage (Id really like to have a video diary since itll be my first big race).
love to but I don't have the fundage to do it. heck for that race I would go just to watch and report. cleveland is my big race for the year cuz I buy all the stuff that lasts me the rest of the season. although I will be at the norcca nats in knoxville march 13-14 and I'll be at the region 3 onroad race january 17-18 also in knoxville. I can get the time off but it's the money for a week. plus the gas down there. someone wanted to pay my way I'm there!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Dear John,
You forgot to give us your analyze of the Corally team, who despite being here every year only managed to reach the B-final. What´s your conclution?
Anders, greetings from Malta.

Sorry I couldn't answer before but I have been away from my office for a week.

Pity your logic isn't as great as your driving. Whilst I have alot of respect for the latter, I'm afraid the former leaves alot to be desired. So pray, why ask about Corally. What about Yokomo, HPI, Losi, Schumacher, so many?

What is it that still haunts X Ray people so much about Corally?

But to give you an answer, yes, Corally had 2 works cars and European drivers there, very low key, like they always are, no fuss, no "hulabaloo", no hype and no bull shit, and they landed both cars in the B, a very good effort for the amount of mouthing, don't you think?

The point is that I consider your team mate Gilles Groskamp certainly one of Europe's top 3 drivers, dare I say on a parr with David? So why was he in the B? Might I be so bold as to suggest it was for the same reason poor Josh Cyrul wasn't able to thrash it out with the leaders as he is so used to doing?

Congrats on recent good results by the way.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.