Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by got2bqik
Gavin a poll thread is started , look and see and judge for yourself if the interest and $$ are there. And anyother manufactures out there.
Tim
can you post a link to poll, i would like to vote for saddle pack for my t-bar
Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by learnerdriver
can you post a link to poll, i would like to vote for saddle pack for my t-bar
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-1-survey.html
Old 10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

thnx for link, just hope we can generate enough interest for them to be made
Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Everyone, thanks for all the input and feedback.

I think the configuration of the wires might change but here are my thoughts for the dimensions of the pack:

Length: 46mm
Width: 44-46mm
Height: 22-23mm

I think I am moving away from the bullet connectors just so that I don't need to make two versions of the saddle pack. If the wires exit the top of the pack, the jumper might be towards the center with the positive and negative leads towards the outside of the pack.

I think Chris posted a pic of packs mounted in his car. I'll use that pic, if he does not mind, to mock up my ideas.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Company Representative

Here are the two options. Option 1 would be the preferred one.
Attached Thumbnails Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C-option1.jpg   Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C-option2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is it going to be a single jumper wire or two? I like the one with the positive and negative to the out side of the pack.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by bgrick
Is it going to be a single jumper wire or two? I like the one with the positive and negative to the out side of the pack.
Single jumper. Only issue with the positive and negative to the out side of the pack could be hitting the body. The wire is going to exit through the top of the case and with a pack height of 23mm, it could come close to touching the body.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So it would have hump up like the 1s brick pack? Then inside would be fine you are the pack designer so your choice.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by bgrick
So it would have hump up like the 1s brick pack? Then inside would be fine you are the pack designer so your choice.
No humps, no bullet connectors on the saddle pack. Wires would exit from the top of the case.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
I think Chris posted a pic of packs mounted in his car. I'll use that pic, if he does not mind, to mock up my ideas.
Np ; The jumper in front is fine as long as the wire is 16ga, as some might want to lay the wire down for body fit reasons. Have you determined how long your going to make the jumper wire? Are you going to make the + and - connectors bullets? And if so are thay going to be along the side of the pack as in your cad drawing or going down into the pack from the top?

23mm is really the absolute tops for height, and might not be low enough if your planning on bullet connectors that enter the packs from the top. The other dimensions look ok to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by chris moore
Np ; The jumper in front is fine as long as the wire is 16ga, as some might want to lay the wire down for body fit reasons. Have you determined how long your going to make the jumper wire? Are you going to make the + and - connectors bullets? And if so are thay going to be along the side of the pack as in your cad drawing or going down into the pack from the top?

23mm is really the absolute tops for height, and might not be low enough if your planning on bullet connectors that enter the packs from the top. The other dimensions look ok to me.
The length of the jumper is a good question...can't be too short and can't be too long since 1/12 is such a tight fit. The + and - will be deans, no bullet. The reason is that it avoids the placement internally in the case and allows for the best performance in a saddle pack...and I don't need to make two versions...lol.

I am thinking that the length of the jumper should be 3-4 inches, no longer. The same for the + and - leads. Since everyone's t-bar configuration is different, feel free to let me know your thoughts on this.

But I think with the above explaination, we should have most configuration covered.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks Gavin....please let us know when we can expect to see a prototype....I have a CEFX Phoenix ready to go and test
Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado
I am thinking that the length of the jumper should be 3-4 inches, no longer. The same for the + and - leads. Since everyone's t-bar configuration is different, feel free to let me know your thoughts on this.

But I think with the above explaination, we should have most configuration covered.
The longest jumper wire I have on any of my packs is 2 1/2" and thats the pack in the picture you used that goes over the shock at the pod, so 4" is way too long. And I measured the deans that exit my TP lipo and thay are right at 2" long
Old 10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
The longest jumper wire I have on any of my packs is 2 1/2" and thats the pack in the picture you used that goes over the shock at the pod, so 4" is way too long. And I measured the deans that exit my TP lipo and thay are right at 2" long
I agree with Chris, too long is no good either, 1/12ths like to be tiddy,

Steve

I have a saddle car ready for testing too
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you do -+-+ doesnt that equal 2s volt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.