Search

TT01D problem???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TT01D problem???

Hi all,

hoping someone can help.

My TT01D has an issue with accelerating, it takes off very slowly and after about 5 seconds of struggling has a "turbo shot" and gets up to normal speed.

I have taken it apart and checked everything but nothing seems out of the ordinary.

It seems to be ok holding it up and sounds like the power is there but on the ground has this problem continuously.

I upgraded to a 4600 battery, has this stuffed the motor or does it sound like the ESC?

All standard parts, any ideas??

Cheers

Adsy76
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

to me it sounds like the esc is overloaded.Or getting spiked by HUGE amp draw.Is it the stock esc and motor?I have the stock esc and had the same problem when I ran a 21tdouble motor that was geared too high.I went down to a smaller pinion and all was good. I know that the esc is rated only for 23t motors,but I have run this setup for 6 months no problems.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

What pinion and spur gear do you have on it now? And what brand/make is the ESC? Are you racing, or just bashing?

Also, cheaper brand ESC's especially do not like constant acceleration, then being hard on the brakes, as it works the FET's pretty hard.

Especially if the gearing is out too, as it will just equate to extra heat on the motor and ESC.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys.

Im just bashing at the moment with all the original parts, except for a few suspension aluminium hop ups.

I think its the TEU-101BK and pinion and spur are what came with the TT-01D kit.

So what size is the original pinion and what size do i ask for to go down a size as you said?

Should i take apart the incased gears front and back and check for damage?

It makes sense that these areas could be the problem as the motor sounds fine by itself....

Cheers

Adsy76