Project Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Project Help

Ok so I have a Nikko 1:12 NSX RC

images.hobbytron.com/N-160015C.jpg

and I have a dead Traxxas Bandit

img.alibaba.com/photo/103518211/Traxxas_Bandit_Extreme_Sport_RTR_35_MPH_Electric_R C_Buggy.jpg

and I want to put the engine from the Bandit

web.mac.com/pbonds1994/About_Free_Running/Blank_files/Photo%20134.jpg

into the NSX, instead of the stock engine

web.mac.com/pbonds1994/About_Free_Running/Blank_files/Photo%20133.jpg

and I want to use the 7 cells I have for the bandit

dands-speedway.50megs.com/images/tenergy4500_500x383.jpg

These are the basic electronics on the Nikko

web.mac.com/pbonds1994/About_Free_Running/Blank_files/Photo%20131.jpg

I'm going to have a friend look at it, but I want some help/input

Last edited by GT-R35; 03-11-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry to say, but almost impossible,you would need all the electronics from the bandit, and probably have to make the rest of the parts (chassis, linkages) from scrap to get them to fit.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by howtowakeakar
Sorry to say, but almost impossible,you would need all the electronics from the bandit, and probably have to make the rest of the parts (chassis, linkages) from scrap to get them to fit.
Its RWD and the gearing works I have all the electronics from the Bandit and I can do vacuum molding if I need body bits, all I want to know is if the voltage will be multiplied by the board in any way, I've already had the nikko connected the the 7 cell before and it ran perfectly it doesn't have FETs really or anything of that nature the board handles voltage very well, but the Titan 12t 550 engine is very sensitive to the voltage, it needs to be no higher then 8.4-9v. If I can get it to work it would be amazingly cool, so a little more input would be wonderful. FYI I know the basic stuff very well.

Thank yu
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it wont multiply the voltage, but instead of using FET's it used el cheapo radio transistors, and they'll pop if you have a high-current motor like the titan on them. I ran one of these cars with a custom modified motor (many happy hours spent cherry picking the best components) and with 8 AA ni-mh's, but the electronics needed a fan to stay cool.

swap the electronics from the bandit, or just repair the bandit and use that.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hmmmm

Originally Posted by joe of loath
it wont multiply the voltage, but instead of using FET's it used el cheapo radio transistors, and they'll pop if you have a high-current motor like the titan on them. I ran one of these cars with a custom modified motor (many happy hours spent cherry picking the best components) and with 8 AA ni-mh's, but the electronics needed a fan to stay cool.

swap the electronics from the bandit, or just repair the bandit and use that.
So you were doing 12v? 1.5x8=12 would it still pop/need fans for 8.4v? The thing is I have no money, so I cant repair the bandit stuff.

Next I have a friend who has money falling out his ____ and he wants me to build him a custom RC Drift, but he wants the basic kit to be under $110 (no electronics needed, but if it come with them then thats great)
Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT-R35
So you were doing 12v? 1.5x8=12 would it still pop/need fans for 8.4v? The thing is I have no money, so I cant repair the bandit stuff.

Next I have a friend who has money falling out his ____ and he wants me to build him a custom RC Drift, but he wants the basic kit to be under $110 (no electronics needed, but if it come with them then thats great)
1.2x8 is 9.6. 6x1.5 (stock) is 9v. It just gave more current.

what do you need for the bandit? most spares are pretty cheap. if you beg in the F/S forums you might even get it free, as loads of people have traxxas spares hanging around.

tell him to build it himself! Buy a TT01D or a yokomo chassis and put it together. then buy electronics.