Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
We didn't run them this weekend. I only had a couple. You'll see them in their cars soon.

BTW: TOP USA should have production ones in a couple days.
Hey E.J. whats up man

Will these gear diffs be similar to the stock version offered by u.pro or will it be more robust and be capable of handling low turn mods.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone notice the "notching" effect when turning over the diffs? does this go away after being worn in?

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
We didn't run them this weekend. I only had a couple. You'll see them in their cars soon.

BTW: TOP USA should have production ones in a couple days.

The Gear Diffs are in great demand, we pretty much sold out 48hrs after they landed,

a new shipment will be arriving in a few days,
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hey E.J. whats up man

Will these gear diffs be similar to the stock version offered by u.pro or will it be more robust and be capable of handling low turn mods.
I believe he is taking about the u-pro diffs,

afaik there is no "TOP" branded diffs,
Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rod M
I believe he is taking about the u-pro diffs,

afaik there is no "TOP" branded diffs,
Sound like EJ Is saying there's T.O.P. Brands Gear Diff...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

T.O.P is working on thier own brand gear diff and it will be available very soon.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default fine tunning , for rug racing !!

hi .. have just got a top photon to replace my old shuey mi4lp , and the photon is alot more consistent and less twitchy .. and i love it !!

its being used on a high grip carpet track , with a mixture of fast and tight sections .:eek

its been set up on the basic rubber tyre on carpet set up , with the exception to the following ..

wheelbase - now longer / anti roll bars - 1.4f and 1.2r / running hpi pink springs on the front and hpi silver on the back , and the ackerman which has been changed to the middle as apposed to the rearward setting ..

as i said im really impressed with the car , and just my driving lets the car down ...
i want it to have a tiny bit more steering coming out of turns , or i geuss it could be too much rear end push coming out of corners onto the main straight ... but its planted !!

but im unsure what to change , as i dont want to make much of a difference just a small adjustment ..

one thing i have been told by a sponsored muchmoore / photon driver and he recomended changing the top deck to foam one ..i have one that came with the car and thats a 2.5mm top deck with 2 more peices in the middle , is this the right one ? and should i change it ? or what else would you recomened ?? ..

thanks for any help
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rod M
anyone notice the "notching" effect when turning over the diffs? does this go away after being worn in?
I am wondering the same. Perhaps mine is too tight due to production tolerances being out.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
T.O.P is working on thier own brand gear diff and it will be available very soon.
Why do you said ?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As far as the "notching" feeling on the diff, are you guys using ceramic balls? Is it a new diff? I had the same problem & I had ceramic balls in there. Just a note this happened after a season of running the car. I had to change the diff balls & the thrust ball assembly. Someone told me ceramic balls do flatten out.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shaun207
hi .. have just got a top photon to replace my old shuey mi4lp , and the photon is alot more consistent and less twitchy .. and i love it !!

its being used on a high grip carpet track , with a mixture of fast and tight sections .:eek

its been set up on the basic rubber tyre on carpet set up , with the exception to the following ..

wheelbase - now longer / anti roll bars - 1.4f and 1.2r / running hpi pink springs on the front and hpi silver on the back , and the ackerman which has been changed to the middle as apposed to the rearward setting ..

as i said im really impressed with the car , and just my driving lets the car down ...
i want it to have a tiny bit more steering coming out of turns , or i geuss it could be too much rear end push coming out of corners onto the main straight ... but its planted !!

but im unsure what to change , as i dont want to make much of a difference just a small adjustment ..

one thing i have been told by a sponsored muchmoore / photon driver and he recomended changing the top deck to foam one ..i have one that came with the car and thats a 2.5mm top deck with 2 more peices in the middle , is this the right one ? and should i change it ? or what else would you recomened ?? ..

thanks for any help
the 2.5mm one with two braces is the foam deck yes, try that on carpet.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
As far as the "notching" feeling on the diff, are you guys using ceramic balls? Is it a new diff? I had the same problem & I had ceramic balls in there. Just a note this happened after a season of running the car. I had to change the diff balls & the thrust ball assembly. Someone told me ceramic balls do flatten out.
I think he means the gear diff rather than the ball diff ?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chris_dono
the 2.5mm one with two braces is the foam deck yes, try that on carpet.
ok cheers for your help , is it likely to change it too much .....
Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
yes, if u use cheap ceramic diff ball and thrust ball, they will be flatten out and cause weird behavior of your diff....
Old 07-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Top Photon stuffs anyone?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Gear Diffs in Stock

The gear diffs are now in stock at TOP Racing USA.

As usual there seems to be some confusion as well as mis-information being posted.

The gear diff we are selling is sold under the Micro Pro brand (looks like u-pro since the micro symbol is used). This is the only gear diff from T.O.P. and there is no T.O.P. branded diff planned, although this could change

Last edited by odpurple; 07-24-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.