Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
can i use kawada spurs in Photon?
I use them. You must make the holes a bit bigger but they fit.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
what belt using in the pic ? white color ...
yes !
but Brown belt is lower friction !
Old 01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default all done....

some pictures , I this finish my new photon.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photo-2-_05.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photo-3-_06.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photo_07.jpg  
Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My Photon is for sale at low price if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rear-hubs.html
Old 01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
My Photon is for sale at low price if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rear-hubs.html
ygpm
Old 01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

How did everyone do this weekend?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
How did everyone do this weekend?
We just had a practice session, car was .2 faster than next closest racer. Maybe it's the new Tekin 203 SW or my mad skillz
Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P2
We just had a practice session, car was .2 faster than next closest racer. Maybe it's the new Tekin 203 SW or my mad skillz
watch out!!... TOP Photons are getting tooo fast!!!

baddass car man....
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P2
.3 sec faster for SW coupled with .1 sec slower for deteriorating skills = .2 faster
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
.3 sec faster for SW coupled with .1 sec slower for deteriorating skills = .2 faster
Your math is pretty good....remember this one:
What's half of 2 plus 2
Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

OMG this car is amazing! lol 2nd time out with the car and it is performing great just need to finish fine tuning it and she'll be winning over at Westcoast rc!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

second time out with the car this weekend and it was just awesome, couldn't believe how it felt compared to my old car. Just seemed to go round the track at one speed (not stop/start), handled beautifully and with some minor tweaks suggested by the team drivers present at the event, I managed to get to within a lap of the event winner

The best thing for me was how consistent the laptimes were.. my quickest lap was within 0.4 seconds of my average

Can't wait to get out again with it !
Old 01-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris_dono
second time out with the car this weekend and it was just awesome, couldn't believe how it felt compared to my old car. Just seemed to go round the track at one speed (not stop/start), handled beautifully and with some minor tweaks suggested by the team drivers present at the event, I managed to get to within a lap of the event winner

The best thing for me was how consistent the laptimes were.. my quickest lap was within 0.4 seconds of my average

Can't wait to get out again with it !
the Photon has a nice "flow" to it... you can enter the corner so fast, carry so much speed thru and out of the corner with such ease and smoothness....

and teh car is very consistent... my solo runs usually result in laps timings within a +/- delta of 0.30 secs from the average......
Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

My car was good. not super but good.
I must change my setup. I drove this weekend with the V203 and I had so much power that I was flying. The only problem was, that there were also corners in the track.
The other problem was, was that the back was so stable that what I do, the car doesn't brake out.
I removed grip and it kept the same. So it's time for the big setup change.
I remove even more to in and change my roll center.
Also want the medium plates and top plate. But this is for later. First I will try to remove more grip and than I will see what it does.

Tonight I will start with my car. I have also a new transponder from AMB. lookes nice with the car
The Tekin RS Pro fit's also very well.

EJ, will TOP come with aluminium steering blocks and uprights?
I'm underweight with the car. I need to reach the 1350 and I don't want to use any weight because my car is now perfectly in balance. I use the TOP lipo's and they are about the same weight as my steering servo, Tekin rs Pro and motor together.
I want to put the belt on the other side This way I can move everything even more to the inside.
The car is great. the power killed my old setup. I don't have the skills for handling a mod with 2 cell lipo.
I can handle a 10,5 with 2 cell lipo but Tekin made a monster. I can;t handle that o good. My qualification yesterday was ok. I qualified 4th. Missing all the corners. The finals I was 5th after 2 heads but the last head I broke down.
The other driver improved because 2 others also dropped out of the race.

I have lost by the way all the grip roll. all my improvements worked well for that.

I still love the car the most from all I ever had. Can't wait to race again. the car drives very easy and I hope as I changed my top plates to the medium that it will be a bit directer.
Also do I want to red turn buckles. They look good on the car.
And a low profile servo.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.

Tested last weekend for the http://www.dhi-cup.dk this coming weekend, and the car was good and fast, i could follow the fast drivers, even with my slower lrp x11 motor.
Went almost back to basic rubber set-up, but changed roll center because of grip roll with the mazda speed body.

And i am very happy to hear about the power in the tekin speedo, as i has jut ordered a rs pro with redline motor, with set-up do you use for the speedo?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.