Old 10-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
does anyone have hess's 17.5 setup from the nats
Check your pm
Old 10-07-2009, 10:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Where can I get a price and parts for the Photon?
Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Where can I get a price and parts for the Photon?
Thanks
www.amainhobbies.com should have everything your looking for...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by schreff
Larry and I will be doing some testing for the first time using SpeedMind Sorex 28s. The past 2 weekends have been on the newer Jaco Blues and the car is awesome. It should benefit even further with Sorex tires. Once we come to a consensus on Saturday, Larry or myself will post a setup.

I want to thank everyone for being patient. I know everyone wants a setup quickly so they can go run, but we also don't want to put out something that's awesome for Larry and myself to drive, but not for others.
Great stuff. I run the Speedmind Sorex combo too, and depending on when you post saturday's results I should be able to give them a try on Sunday....

Last edited by BagofSkill; 10-08-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone has some good Foam Spec setups for me to try? ore good base setup?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
The E was left out for a reason. CHUCK!!! By the way are you going to change your name from "The Goat" to "The Duck"?? Quack Quack!! I was at the race..

See ya in two weeks on the RUG..
sorry chuck I think you have me confused with The Bear or perhaps H-Rob?

And as for the ducking part why would I go to a track I absolutely hate?

How much practice does a Chuck need before he stops being a failure?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

AWESOME!!! Got to turn some real laps today with the car. Had some very good results. Car went wherever I wanted it to go. Dove in hard, held good speed through the sweepers and transitioned very well through the chicane. Already better than the '008 that it replaced and I still have a lot to learn about the car. Should have some lap times to post Saturday night. Here's some pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-img_0123.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-img_0124.jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
www.amainhobbies.com should have everything your looking for...
... unless you're actually looking to buy - A-Main has maybe 65% of the parts in stock, and no kits . If you want all the latest parts available and a much better in-stock percentage, shop www.rcmarket.com.hk

Still haven't seen any "second batch" kits arrive at my LHS either - is there a problem with getting TOP stuff to the US??
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

A Main has kits as of this week. It does take them a few days to process the order and get the items up on the website. They are filling in their parts inventory with every PO they place.

Hobby shops that are on the waiting list for kits should check in periodically. We are so swamped that we don't have time to keep track.

If you don't care to support your local hobby shop/track then go ahead and send your money to Asia, but that is a false economy considering how difficult it is for shops and tracks in the US to stay open these days
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
... unless you're actually looking to buy - A-Main has maybe 65% of the parts in stock, and no kits . If you want all the latest parts available and a much better in-stock percentage, shop www.rcmarket.com.hk

Still haven't seen any "second batch" kits arrive at my LHS either - is there a problem with getting TOP stuff to the US??
We can support 99.9% , if no stock next day will back in stock & send !
Old 10-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

What does the version of the Photon that A main (rubber version) sells use for a front diff? I really like the car design but I switch between rubber and spec-foam and I prefer a front diff.

Our local track has a great hobby shop, but they have given up on stocking the hot sedan of the week. Were on our own unless somethings available through the regular off road vendors. I hope you guys keep stuff available in the US.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
What does the version of the Photon that A main (rubber version) sells use for a front diff? I really like the car design but I switch between rubber and spec-foam and I prefer a front diff.

Our local track has a great hobby shop, but they have given up on stocking the hot sedan of the week. Were on our own unless somethings available through the regular off road vendors. I hope you guys keep stuff available in the US.
The rubber kit comes with a spool. The latest kits come with the new steel spool outdrives.

You can go two ways: Buy a foam kit which comes with a front diff, or get a rubber kit and buy the Ball Differential Set (pn TC-PDS001) What will work best for you depends on your usage (carpet or asphalt, etc)

All T.O.P. products are available in the US through TOP Racing USA
Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just looked over my Version 2 rubber kit and the new cups for the spool are Waaayyyyy cool!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple

All T.O.P. products are available in the US through TOP Racing USA
I couldn't find any replacement parts on the site, except for bearings and bolts.

Anyone besides Amain selling parts in the US. No problems with them, but they ran out of stock quickly.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I couldn't find any replacement parts on the site, except for bearings and bolts.
good point! Is there a page or section on the site that lists all the available parts with part #'s so I can have my LHS order them?

For example, I started picking up parts to build a second diff, and I just happened to notice rcmarket has a complete diff kit now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.