Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Nice post Schreff. I've raced with both of you before at Mimi's and have the utmost respect for your tuning skills and driving ability. I get to race my PHoton for the first time this Saturday and can't wait to test the possibilities. Looking forward to seeing what you and Larry come up with. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I could not agree more with the last two posts. This is a really good car. I have been working hard the last few weeks on asphalt setups. Both on high grip and low grip asphalt. I'm getting really close. I should have something really solid in the next couple weeks. I would also advise everyone to hang in there.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Guys... I couldn't agree more with Gitsum with people unloading the car.

It's still early for the car as far as setups go. Now that Larry and I have a track to race at weekly for carpet, we've already begun testing setups. The gains we've made from just 2 weeks on carpet with rubber tires is amazing. I know Larry said, if he had the car he has now at the IIC, it woulda been a VERY different story. In another week or so, I'm sure we'll post a setup with what we're running as the car really does feel like it's on foam tires even though we're on rubber.

As for foam tire setups, we're a little behind on that yet as we've been really putting more time into rubber. We should have some more solid foam setups within the next few weeks. Hopefully we have something more comfortable before the Halloween Classic for Foam tire.

Keep in mind, when Larry and I went to Losi a couple years ago, we started the same way. Clean slate with a car we're not familiar with. We spent several weekends testing setups before we came up with a real solid package that ended up working almost everywhere we went. I predict the same thing for this car as well.

So stick with us guys. You won't be disappointed with the Photon.
I've raced and been teamates with "steak" for a long time. Trust me, I would as he and Larry say. The car already has a great showing here in Hawaii. Bob "C" at our track runs one in 13.5 and his car is DIALED....without even saucing the tires! Quality and adjustability look 1st rate as well.

Mike
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
I've raced and been teamates with "steak" for a long time. Trust me, I would as he and Larry say. The car already has a great showing here in Hawaii. Bob "C" at our track runs one in 13.5 and his car is DIALED....without even saucing the tires! Quality and adjustability look 1st rate as well.

Mike
Mike - I'm jumping ship! Bob's car has been so dialed that I'm switching to TOP. It was a hard decision for me to leave Xray, my 008 has been solid. EJ and I go way back and he's always been wanting me to run a TOP car.

EJ - Where's my car? LOL!!

OD - What's up buddy...looks like I'll need a lipo compatible 1/12. Any news on the TOP prototype?

Cheers - P2
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

does anyone have hess's 17.5 setup from the nats
Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Schreff,

even if it's not finished would you be willing to post your current setup or some of the key tuning options you've found on rubber?

I'm working starting on base setup- found ackerman is effective, gone up on front oil, but I've only had two weeks with the car and there's no-where I can test (no permanent tracks) but already it's as fast as my 008 was. But I'm looking for some short cuts!

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Just imagine where the Photon will be when it's had as much time on track as the T2 ?

I am sticking with mine - it's awesome.

Can't wait for the rubber carpet set up
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2
Mike - I'm jumping ship! Bob's car has been so dialed that I'm switching to TOP. It was a hard decision for me to leave Xray, my 008 has been solid. EJ and I go way back and he's always been wanting me to run a TOP car.

OD - What's up buddy...looks like I'll need a lipo compatible 1/12. Any news on the TOP prototype?

Cheers - P2

Please tell me this is true, a 12scale TOP

Bring it on.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by P2

Cheers - P2
Photon/P2=good news. Now you have to get your parts from me! Muahahaha!

There is a design drawn for a TOP 1/12th car, can't say anything else yet
Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BagofSkill
Schreff,

even if it's not finished would you be willing to post your current setup or some of the key tuning options you've found on rubber?

I'm working starting on base setup- found ackerman is effective, gone up on front oil, but I've only had two weeks with the car and there's no-where I can test (no permanent tracks) but already it's as fast as my 008 was. But I'm looking for some short cuts!

Cheers,
Chris.
Larry and I will be doing some testing for the first time using SpeedMind Sorex 28s. The past 2 weekends have been on the newer Jaco Blues and the car is awesome. It should benefit even further with Sorex tires. Once we come to a consensus on Saturday, Larry or myself will post a setup.

I want to thank everyone for being patient. I know everyone wants a setup quickly so they can go run, but we also don't want to put out something that's awesome for Larry and myself to drive, but not for others.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Get on it Schreff..... You got a lot of testing to do before the Nats...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
Get on it Schreff..... You got a lot of testing to do before the Nats...
hey chuck looks like you get a second chance at failure.....

Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default forgot the e

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
hey chuck looks like you get a second chance at failure.....

Just as long as your blowme I'm happy...
Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
Just as long as your blowme I'm happy...
not only were you a failure on the track you were a failure in English too....

Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
not only were you a failure on the track you were a failure in English too....

The E was left out for a reason. CHUCK!!! By the way are you going to change your name from "The Goat" to "The Duck"?? Quack Quack!! I was at the race..

See ya in two weeks on the RUG..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.