T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BagofSkill
This is getting off topic, but.......

I use warmers on carpet and it works. Put them on for 10-20 mins, and the heat soaks into the inserts and rim, so even though it's 2 mins between warmers off and the race start, I get more grip in the first 4 laps as everyone elses tyres are coming up to temp, and I always get a rocket start and grip into the first couple of corners.
Thank you ! +1
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, the threaded ball/setscrew combo... are you guys gluing those in places where they're prone to coming loose?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BagofSkill
HAHAHA, we used to joke about Ray Woods track designs back in the day because they were always wonky and had one super technical section! I saw the website and the track looks brilliant. Good to hear the bistro arangement is still on!

Never heard of Whalan. I surfed a while ago and it seems forestville is closed down, Brush farm still runs and I don't know what else. There was a club at bankstown for a while- near the airport. Did you ever race at Hurstville indoors?

Matty took over CMC or something like that?
Whalan is what used to be Eastern Creek, i.e. SORMCC. Steve's vision for a permanent track finally came to fruition (although he got out of it before it was finished).

Castle Hill is still going - now with a painted bitumen type surface which seems to be the rage here in Sydney. Windsor Hobby Centre (indoors) and Fairy Meadow (Woollongong) also use this type of surface. SMA? I think as well but haven't got over there yet...

Yeah Matt took over CMC.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
So, the threaded ball/setscrew combo... are you guys gluing those in places where they're prone to coming loose?
No, but I am checking them regularly. They seem to be staying tight.

The only problem I've had is on top of the C-Hub but that is more related to that whole assembly being really tight. Had to play around a lot so I could get the ball tight at the top - from build the steering was binding when the ball was locked down.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm just building my kit now....but I'm not sure if those are prone to coming loose or not. But what I have done is screw in the set screw and hand tighten the threaded ball, then give the assembly another 1/4 turn with a hex driver. This makes everything snug. We'll see if this works...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I'm just building my kit now....but I'm not sure if those are prone to coming loose or not. But what I have done is screw in the set screw and hand tighten the threaded ball, then give the assembly another 1/4 turn with a hex driver. This makes everything snug. We'll see if this works...
That's what I did as well, and found myself needing to tighten them here and there. Mostly, on the rear hubs, inner steering links, and top of the c-hubs. I spent about 30 hours at the track the last two days putting packs through the car, so things had plenty of time to loosen up. I didn't break anything, I think the P-dub bumper helped a lot with that. I did throw a belt off the spool during an impact, so I tightened it up one click on the cams. The belts definitely free up with some time.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's what I did as well, and found myself needing to tighten them here and there. Mostly, on the rear hubs, inner steering links, and top of the c-hubs. I spent about 30 hours at the track the last two days putting packs through the car, so things had plenty of time to loosen up. I didn't break anything, I think the P-dub bumper helped a lot with that. I did throw a belt off the spool during an impact, so I tightened it up one click on the cams. The belts definitely free up with some time.
Cool...

About the belts...As others have stated the belt is tight in the factory setting. But it seems that if I loosen by a few notches it would be loose enough. But I'm thinking that i should run it with the factory setting first to loosen it up that way. What have you found?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I would love to visit Australia.... and bring my cars too. :P
And as for the spring thing... I think the first one is actually )))(((.
Australia is the best country in the world!

And for the springs, yes, I agree they look to me like )))((( which is a medium setting.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I spent about 30 hours at the track the last two days putting packs through the car, so things had plenty of time to loosen up. I didn't break anything, I think the P-dub bumper helped a lot with that.
First, if I had 30 hours to dedicate to practice on a regular interval, I would be good. I dont know if I would be pro level, but I would definitely be the monster at my local track. Second I would have broken something. P-dub or not.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ive got 30 runs on my car and I have yet to see one of these loosen up. Howver I did put a tiny bit (enough to cover about two threads) of blue thread lock on every screw that threads into metal.

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Cool...

About the belts...As others have stated the belt is tight in the factory setting. But it seems that if I loosen by a few notches it would be loose enough. But I'm thinking that i should run it with the factory setting first to loosen it up that way. What have you found?
I set my belts one notch looser than recommended when I built it and after lots of testing its still just the way I like it.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Drive Cups

Hello Everyone,

The new drive cups are in! They are made of a harder material that will wear better. When you get these, please throw your old ones away.

One bag (4 pcs) is complimentary to everyone that bought a kit. We'll be sending them out to all our customers.

You can also send us an email [email protected] and put in the subject heading "Drive Cups V2". We will need proof of purchase, USA customers only.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

I check mine every so often. I put a dab of blue lock tight and seems to help. 30 HOURS!!!

Make sure the pulley guid is glued on all the way. If you only have it glued only in the inner diameter, it will flex and the belt will come off. Hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

EJ, my kit came with 2 spools. One said new on the bag, what is different with this spool? Is this made of the harder material or did everyone get this and it's still the old spool/outdrives?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
EJ, my kit came with 2 spools. One said new on the bag, what is different with this spool? Is this made of the harder material or did everyone get this and it's still the old spool/outdrives?
Hmmm looks like someone is working on their kit.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Teacher
If you just recently got your kit, we included an additional spool. The one that says new has the new drive cups. The spools however are the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.