R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
it makes like easier if you just ignore John St Amant
I post the info I got while ordering my car and this is the response I get ?
I tried to order one through a hobby shop and that is what I was told.
I don't come on here to just type to B.S. and piss people off !
Apparently they weren't sure when they might be getting that second shipment and August was what I was told.
I could slam you in rebuttal but I refuse to stoop down to your level.
Perhaps you should just shut your trap before someone does it for you.

I am headed to the track right now and maybe (if customs will allow it), my kit will be here sooner than that. I hope the weights, springs and parts are available very soon as well. I love this Photon and I'm calling it the first of the next generation of Touring Cars. Well done Josh! Very well done indeed!
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #797
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HenBeav

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Perhaps you should just shut your trap before someone does it for you.
What kind of like how you were told to shut yours about the inboard connectors?

Ok, I'll be at Vegas

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #798
Tech Master

For everyone going to the IIC with a Photon:

I leave tommorow for the 1/8 Pre-WC in Lostallo but when I get home I will be hitting the track at MSI a bunch to work on rubber (possibly foam) set-ups for Vegas. I'll start with my Reedy set-up (but with Lipo) and work from there so hopefully I'll have a lot of info collected to help anyone out at the IIC. I'll also post the set-up I am going to start with at the IIC probably in late July as August I will have my plate full with 1/10 and 1/8 nitro races - GLC, IFMAR WC and ROAR Nationals.

Good luck to everyone out there with their Photon's!! Did I mention the next (huge) batch of drawings for other cars (yes, I meant plural) have been sent over to TOP.... Nope, we aren't stopping with the TC... More coming soon!! Back to work...
Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #799
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
...from his lhs. John's kit will be coming with the second production run of Photons. The first batch has just been released from customs and is on its way to us! oboy oboy oboy
Oh goodie, since I decidied to the extra $$$ to ship it overnight I should see it tomorrow... Right?!?!?!?!?: nod:

Just in time for fat-her day!!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #800
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Nova F1 Racer, where did you order you kit from? I wonder if Mimi will get her shipment in the first batch...?
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #801
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Nova F1 Racer, where did you order you kit from? I wonder if Mimi will get her shipment in the first batch...?
Directly from TOPusa a long time ago.....
RC Tech member #11
Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #802
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Oh goodie, since I decidied to the extra $$$ to ship it overnight I should see it tomorrow... Right?!?!?!?!?: nod:

Just in time for fat-her day!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Just heard from Top USA nad my kit will be delivered Sunday for Fathers day..

It cost me extra but its worth it!!!
RC Tech member #11
Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #803
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
What kind of like how you were told to shut yours about the inboard connectors?

Ok, I'll be at Vegas
What are you like , twelve ?
Something tells me you failed English 101.
I stated a fact and you told people to ignore me.
Do us all a favor and grow up ... just a little okay ?!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #804
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

COO-COO COO-COO COO-COO!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #805
Tech Master

I would bet none of you would talk to me like that in person.
I don't deserve any of the B.S most of you are panning out.
What are you all a bunch of Barry Baker "lost sheep" ?
I can't believe any one would waste their time slamming someone for stating an opinion. Don't you have anything better to do ? You SF boys must be getting bored poking the same old sphincters all the time. I just want to let you know that mine is not on your "To Do List". I took a lot of it for trying to explain about the connectors as a package including the speedo and not just the frickin' Deans connectors. You could have the finest fuel and the best fuel lines but if the delivery system is clogged with solder joints then what do you have? apparently no one that disputes this has no sense of logic what so ever. Furthermore , If the wires get damaged and it is forbidden to disassemble the pack..... them what ? Once one person accidentally shorts the wired from damaged insulation,
I rest my case . And if anyone wants to say anything else about this I will restate my opinion further. I don't need to drop it .. I don't want to drop it.
I was told that Deans connectors were their M.O. and if I wanted 4mm barrels I had to get someone else's batteries. But low and behold .... SMC now (or soon will be) making pack just like I suggested. Therefore it must really suck when the A$$ is right. Tell me again how you don't love reading about everyone else's opinion but you ignore mine. Yet there in lies the problem Nicola.... Perhaps most of you are not ready. Read into it what you will. My opinion lies within no ones pocket , I do NOT sugar coat it and I always tell it like it is. NO B.S.. Take it or leave it ! I could proclaim how awesome something is and nothing.. but as soon as someone says something perhaps a little constructive criticism and BAM! Instantly everyones kissing up to whomever for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. I have been warned about coarse language and yet I've read many others in which someone used profanity (not the amateur kind) in text and since it wasn't projected towards anyone (or within your own little niche') no one cares. Personally, if you all don't want to hear it any more... get off my _ _ _ _!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #806
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
I can't believe any one would waste their time slamming someone for stating an opinion. Don't you have anything better to do ? You SF boys must be getting bored poking the same old sphincters all the time. I just want to let you know that mine is not on your "To Do List". I took a lot of it for trying to explain about the connectors as a package including the speedo and not just the frickin' Deans connectors. You could have the finest fuel and the best fuel lines but if the delivery system is clogged with solder joints then what do you have? apparently no one that disputes this has no sense of logic what so ever. Furthermore , If the wires get damaged and it is forbidden to disassemble the pack..... them what ? Once one person accidentally shorts the wired from damaged insulation,
I rest my case . And if anyone wants to say anything else about this I will restate my opinion further. I don't need to drop it .. I don't want to drop it.
I was told that Deans connectors were their M.O. and if I wanted 4mm barrels I had to get someone else's batteries. But low and behold .... SMC now (or soon will be) making pack just like I suggested. Therefore it must really suck when the A$$ is right. Tell me again how you don't love reading about everyone else's opinion but you ignore mine. Yet there in lies the problem Nicola.... Perhaps most of you are not ready. Read into it what you will. My opinion lies within no ones pocket , I do NOT sugar coat it and I always tell it like it is. NO B.S.. Take it or leave it ! I could proclaim how awesome something is and nothing.. but as soon as someone says something perhaps a little constructive criticism and BAM! Instantly everyones kissing up to whomever for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. I have been warned about coarse language and yet I've read many others in which someone used profanity (not the amateur kind) in text and since it wasn't projected towards anyone (or within your own little niche') no one cares. Personally, if you all don't want to hear it any more... get off my _ _ _ _!
You ever think people might do such a thing to get this reaction out of you???
Old 06-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #807
Tech Master

The squeaky wheel gets the grease !
Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #808
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My Photon is about 3/4 built. The instructions are great and it has come together really nicely so far, gluing the belt guides onto the pulleys is a massive pain in the arse though! Should finish it tonight, ready for electronics and a body tomorrow
Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok everyone,go sell crazy somewhere else....He's all stocked up here!
Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #810
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got my new car and will be putting it together tonite........oh wait.....this is the TOP thread

racenut-is Norcal gonna add any other weekend on road races?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote