R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #8056
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,538
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
I would like to thank the TOP camp for all the support over the weekend. I didnt do as well as i would have liked but i still had an awesome time even when mother nature tried to break us.

i have to say i dont get to race with Top team driver Mark Unrath very often. Today in our main we had a great battle. He was cool and calm as hell. I though i could get him to crack but he wouldnt give me an inch. Great driving man i look forward to racing with you again.
Jerry - Thanks man!! It was a great race and boy did you put the pressure on!!!! Special thanks to the entire TOP team for the support, good times and great racing. Jerry I can't wait to race with you again!

OD - You rock as always. Thanks for all of the support, quick turn around on all orders and the best customer service!

Mark
__________________
Tekno RC (RTM) / RadioPost / Tekin / Pro-Match Racing / AKA / PT Racing Oils/Diff Lube

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing

Last edited by munrath; 08-01-2011 at 07:40 AM.
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #8057
pmc
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinhal novo - Portugal
Posts: 173
Default

Hello

My setup of the 4º round of National Championship.

I have win the race in the stock class.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva

Last edited by pmc; 04-07-2014 at 03:13 PM.
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #8058
Tech Apprentice
 
Edu Brasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brasil
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Edu Brasil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
Hello

My setup of the 4º round of National Championship.

I have win the race in the stock class.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva

Hi Pedro ...

I see your set-up , run with no rear toe in ???

I run with 2.5º of rear toe in , what you feeling running without rear toe in ???

Edú.
__________________
Top Photon and Tekin
Edu Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #8059
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,331
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Great weekend of racing at the nats. Major props to Arvin Nano for the setup advice. The car was very smooth to drive. Thanks to all the local TOP drivers for the help and good times. Congrats to EJ for the mod victory. The new narrow chassis is awesome.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #8060
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
Hello

My setup of the 4º round of National Championship.

I have win the race in the stock class.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
congrats Pedro!!!
setup is very interesting, different from your base setup
but it's for low grip?
rear toe in is write error...I Think
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #8061
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,206
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

if this race was either 5 min long -- or 6m 30s I think the end results could of been different. you wouldn't believe how good my Photon was this past weekend. my favorite part of the video was the pass i put on cuffs after the peel + stop-n-go...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #8062
Tech Adept
 
J SiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brunswick, Vic
Posts: 126
Default

hanulec your car looked real nice and balanced.

Do you have the setup from the race meet?
__________________
T.O.P. Racing Australia
R.A.B Hobbies
AVID Bearings
J SiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #8063
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,206
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J SiN View Post
hanulec your car looked real nice and balanced.

Do you have the setup from the race meet?
its the horsham setup i mentioned a week or so ago w/ now three changes:
1- 367 front springs
2- yokomo rear gear diff w/ 15wt losi shock oil
3- an extra 0.5mm of front droop --- it is what helped my sweeper game so i can drive it in hard on Cuffs

i'll make an actual setup sheet next week when i get back from vacation...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #8064
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,331
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
its the horsham setup i mentioned a week or so ago w/ now three changes:
1- 367 front springs
2- yokomo rear gear diff w/ 15wt losi shock oil
3- an extra 0.5mm of front droop --- it is what helped my sweeper game so i can drive it in hard on Cuffs

i'll make an actual setup sheet next week when i get back from vacation...
VACATION??? WHAT??? You need to "do work" son. Your car looked great out there. Nice racing.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #8065
Tech Adept
 
*SBH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Posts: 137
Default T.O.P. dominates the podium

Here is a small article from the third round of the Danish Championships. Setup will follow when I have some time

http://www.redrc.net/2011/08/holst-g...d3/#more-45611
*SBH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #8066
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *SBH* View Post
Here is a small article from the third round of the Danish Championships. Setup will follow when I have some time

http://www.redrc.net/2011/08/holst-g...d3/#more-45611
Great Job Soren!
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #8067
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

If anyone runs VTA with their Photon, I swapped cars for the main because the car I had been running was getting slower with more traction, I run the same setup that Hanulec runs, I just threw on my tires, body, 21.5 and didn't even change the ride height and the car was really good.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #8068
pmc
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinhal novo - Portugal
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu Brasil View Post
Hi Pedro ...

I see your set-up , run with no rear toe in ???

I run with 2.5º of rear toe in , what you feeling running without rear toe in ???

Edú.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
congrats Pedro!!!
setup is very interesting, different from your base setup
but it's for low grip?
rear toe in is write error...I Think

Hello Edú and Luppi Stefano

Yes i run with 0 toe in in the rear , my chassi plate is the lipo moderate with some changes (home made)
I still can not disclose my changes in the chassi but the chassi is similar to the chassi of the EJ Evans.

the changes i have noticed with 0 toe in is more top speed and more corner speed this give me a great advantage.

the tracks in my country have some dirty only in the finals the track is clean and with some grip only in the trajectories.

one of my driving style is run with little steering this help alot and steering negative exponencial on the radio.

Best Regards:
Pedro Silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #8069
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,590
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Does anyones know this person by names Michael Larcher?
he's the guy the won the TA classes At ON Road National...
He run the Photon.. wanted know about his set up for TA...Thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #8070
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
Hello Edú and Luppi Stefano

Yes i run with 0 toe in in the rear , my chassi plate is the lipo moderate with some changes (home made)
I still can not disclose my changes in the chassi but the chassi is similar to the chassi of the EJ Evans.

the changes i have noticed with 0 toe in is more top speed and more corner speed this give me a great advantage.

the tracks in my country have some dirty only in the finals the track is clean and with some grip only in the trajectories.

one of my driving style is run with little steering this help alot and steering negative exponencial on the radio.

Best Regards:
Pedro Silva
thanks for explanation
now.....pics
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net