R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #8041
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to justin w
Default Hey mike

What's up mike how ya been , you be at next race? Gonna try out some boost I think!
justin w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #8042
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yeah ill be there i missed the last one i was in vegas for my sons 21st b day! gota get ready for thr BIG FAT TURKEY RACE'
calif_bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #8043
Tech Apprentice

Default Right on

Right on happy belated b-day to ur son, see ya next sunday
Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #8044
Tech Apprentice

Default big fat turkey race

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif_bouncer View Post
yeah ill be there i missed the last one i was in vegas for my sons 21st b day! gota get ready for thr BIG FAT TURKEY RACE'
what classes you gonna run for the BFTR?
Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #8045
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
You will be estatic when you drive it. When you find the sweet spot in the set-up, this is on! If you think you are having issues, I still have a TC6 that is been half assembled for three months becuase I'm waiting on parts to finish it. Three months, seriously? That kit was a total cluster from the minute I cracked the seal on the box. Needless to say it will take a VERY cold day somewhere in the deep deep south for me to go back to associated. Anyway, just keep in mind that when the car is complete, you will be very happy. I got both of my cars used and have been very pleased with them. Ease of maintance, great driveabilty, and easy to make set-up changes. You couldn't ask anymore except maybe for Top Racing to come out with the driver in a can.
Good to hear. BTW my racebuddy has a TC6, he let me drive it for 5 minutes. Among the 3 best TCs I have driven. just wow. I think you shouldn't give up on the AE car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w View Post
Well I hear ya on the shotty top deck screws , I have 2 top cars and love them the problem is the bulk heads were not properly taped to correct depth. Learned this hard way on first car, but for 2nd build I just bought a tap and taped all top deck bolts and have had no problems I am still using stock bolts with again , no problems. Your LHS will have tap if not DuBro is the retailer.
Both my cars came from same manufacture run so just could be a certain number of cars , I know people with older photons (2009) and knew nothing of this problem. Besides screws are real soft still to date.
Re tapping at a bigger diameter crossed my mind... but tapping at M3 real straight with the tools I have is impossible. One half of a degree off and the car is tweaked for good, and the bulkhead is dead. Thankfully mine seem to have the holes at least well tapped.

Quote:
YOU JUST HAVE TO TIGHTEN THEM DOWN NOT TORQUE THEM DOWN I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY!
Advice taken. You ruined the bulkhead, the screw, both ?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #8046
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
...BTW can anyone explain to me the idea behind putting 7 screws per package? Besides just forcing the customer to buy 2 packages to replace all of them on one car, of course...
The screws come 8 in a bag (it's on the header card). If you got a package with 7 screws you can get a replacement (from TOP USA if you are in the US or Canada and puchased from one of our dealers)
Old 07-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #8047
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well I hear ya on the shotty top deck screws , I have 2 top cars and love them the problem is the bulk heads were not properly taped to correct depth. Learned this hard way on first car, but for 2nd build I just bought a tap and taped all top deck bolts and have had no problems I am still using stock bolts with again , no problems. Your LHS will have tap if not DuBro is the retailer.
Both my cars came from same manufacture run so just could be a certain number of cars , I know people with older photons (2009) and knew nothing of this problem. Besides screws are real soft still to date.
You are correct, it was just a certain small number of kits that had the problem. It is not that they were not tapped deep enough, it was that the anodizing got down the tapped holes. A quick pass with a 2.5 x .45 tap cleans them up
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #8048
Tech Addict

Quote:
what classes you gonna run for the BFTR?
17.5 blinky/mini/12th scale! what about you?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #8049
Tech Apprentice

Default BFTR

Quote:
17.5 blinky/mini/12th scale! what about you?
Gonna run 17.5 boost maybe if offered if not 17.5 blinkyand i have apretty nice 13.5 motor so gonna run 13.5 blinky instead of 21.5. just wanna change it up maybe go a bit faster
Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #8050
Tech Apprentice

Default 12th scale

did u get a top rebel?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #8051
Tech Addict

YEAH BUT GOTA RUN IT B4 THE BFTR!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #8052
Tech Apprentice

Default sweet

Quote:
YEAH BUT GOTA RUN IT B4 THE BFTR!
right on herd about those i cant wait to see it in person
Old 07-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #8053
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just got home from the ROAR Paved Nats -- what a weekend. We all have to survive the worst that mother nature could dare to throw at us on Friday night. All in all the race weekend went well -- even with qualifying challenges for the majority of Photon drivers.

Big congrats to EJ Evans for his 3rd place in Mod Touring Car! I was able to finish 4th in 17.5 TC Larry was blazing fast in 13.5 TC but.... oh well.

Thanks to everyone who came out to support ROAR and Jackson RC. It was great seeing you all. Hopefully there will be some videos posted online in the upcoming days we can link to.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #8054
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would like to thank the TOP camp for all the support over the weekend. I didnt do as well as i would have liked but i still had an awesome time even when mother nature tried to break us.

i have to say i dont get to race with Top team driver Mark Unrath very often. Today in our main we had a great battle. He was cool and calm as hell. I though i could get him to crack but he wouldnt give me an inch. Great driving man i look forward to racing with you again.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #8055
Tech Adept

I am just setting up the electrics in my car and have run into a issue with the servo.

I cant seem to find 2 holes that match up with my JR es 539 servo. Will 1 holder ans servo tape under it be fine?

1 other thing what sevro saver should I use? thats if I need one
J SiN is offline   Reply With Quote