R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #7726
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

my photon, this Sunday

Awesome Car!
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01

Last edited by Luppi Stefano; 06-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #7727
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Did J Starks ever got the Reedy Set Up copy done?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #7728
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Did J Starks ever got the Reedy Set Up copy done?
not yet -- but you know what R/C fame does to people j/k
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #7729
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Hi Mike
Question...Have you ever keep refilled the gear diff oil ? Does your Photon drive differnt with less oil in the diff?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #7730
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hi Mike
Question...Have you ever keep refilled the gear diff oil ? Does your Photon drive differnt with less oil in the diff?
great question. i've been lazy... letting my diff leak out. i think if you really want to be consistent you should keep the gear diff filled (unless you are going for the lightest amount of oil w/in the diff.. than running nearly dry w/ a light oil makes sense). honestly the yokomo diffs don't leak as much as the spec-r ones ... so it isn't as much of a problem.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #7731
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
my photon, this Sunday

Awesome Car!
sorry, this is a setup, carpet medium grip, air temp raised to 30c
http://www.trovamodellismo.com/media...rack%20win.pdf
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #7732
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
great question. i've been lazy... letting my diff leak out. i think if you really want to be consistent you should keep the gear diff filled (unless you are going for the lightest amount of oil w/in the diff.. than running nearly dry w/ a light oil makes sense). honestly the yokomo diffs don't leak as much as the spec-r ones ... so it isn't as much of a problem.
thanks...
I like my Photon..but my other make car is dialed.....I'm giving this photon a second chance with the new narrow chassis comming this week....
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #7733
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
thanks...
I like my Photon..but my other make car is dialed.....I'm giving this photon a second chance with the new narrow chassis comming this week....
second chance... that ain't right. well actually, maybe it is. the photon became my touring car 'side piece'... and then i dropped by prior touring car
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #7734
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
second chance... that ain't right. well actually, maybe it is. the photon became my touring car 'side piece'... and then i dropped by prior touring car
Okay Mike ..If you can get J Stark Reedy set up ..I promise I will keep my Photon for life...
PS Thanks I got the Exotek chassis for my Photon today ..so don't let me down

Last edited by OVA; 06-13-2011 at 06:47 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #7735
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Okay Mike ..If you can get J Stark Reedy set up ..I promise I will keep my Photon for life...
dag.. that is a lot of pressure for Mr. Stark. I believe its coming... don't worry.

You might soon want some new modified setups coming from Jackson RC.... lets just see what the Nats (and this weekend's Regionals) yield...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #7736
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
dag.. that is a lot of pressure for Mr. Stark. I believe its coming... don't worry.

You might soon want some new modified setups coming from Jackson RC.... lets just see what the Nats (and this weekend's Regionals) yield...
Oh I got my Exotek chassis for my Photon today Thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #7737
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Oh I got my Exotek chassis for my Photon today Thanks
My chassis was shipped today. Hope to have it for this weekend. I want to run it at the Nat's warmup race in Jackson. Can't wait. The car has been good. Can't wait to see the difference the chassis will make.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #7738
Tech Apprentice
 
J Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 95
Default

Set up sheet attached. Sorry for the delay. Hanulec, I know you might have been joking with the RC fame post, that is so not that case at all. Please don't think that is where I'm coming from, it's actually completely the opposite.

A couple things to note*

Tamiya shocks with 3 hole piston. Solaris tires using Fx2 and 15 minute dry time. Cleaned with Simple Green before application of Fx2. LRP SXX V2 Throttle profile #3, Drag brake #5. Radio settings: Throttle EXP -17%, Brake EPA -82%. Regular weight LTC with wing mounted in back position. No alloy parts on car. Yokomo gear diff using Kyosho 1000 oil. Titamuim screws everywhere except for top deck.48 pitch gears.
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photon_editable_setup_v2-v4.jpg  
J Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #7739
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,795
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Stark View Post
Set up sheet attached. Sorry for the delay. Hanulec, I know you might have been joking with the RC fame post, that is so not that case at all. Please don't think that is where I'm coming from, it's actually completely the opposite.

A couple things to note*

Tamiya shocks with 3 hole piston. Solaris tires using Fx2 and 15 minute dry time. Cleaned with Simple Green before application of Fx2. LRP SXX V2 Throttle profile #3, Drag brake #5. Radio settings: Throttle EXP -17%, Brake EPA -82%. Regular weight LTC with wing mounted in back position. No alloy parts on car. Yokomo gear diff using Kyosho 1000 oil. Titamuim screws everywhere except for top deck.48 pitch gears.

Thanks you Mr Stark
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #7740
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Jesse - we are just goofing with ya. congrats again on the win. i've uploaded the setup on my Photon wiki too -- http://racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Photon#Setups
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net