R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #7546
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,211
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Can anyone let me know what spacers/washers/shims I need to run the Yoko gear diff?, I know someone said but I can't seem to find the post now, and I forgot to write it down, really need a better gear diff now as the micro chewed on it's third outing in 10.5T, and I don't really want to go back to a ball diff.
You need 10x12 shims - thd pn is in my wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Hanulec, have you try Xray's steering blocks with the ECS/Mira combo? I found a couple of them from my old/gone 007. They seem to have the same dimensions as Photon's.
I run xray chubs and steering blocks most times. There are a few types of steering blvks. The ones from the t3 have the most throw
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #7547
Tech Fanatic
 
vabroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 913
Default

thank you, Hanulec
__________________
RC racing is still trying to prove that two solid objects can be in the same place, at the same time.
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #7548
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
Just use the red shim from the micro-pro one, it's the right size
I wondered about using those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
You need 10x12 shims - thd pn is in my wiki
Hmm, looks like no one I buy from has the TOP part number, there is a 3racing and Tamiya shim set though, the 3racing one says it has like 10 of .1/.2/.3 steel shims.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #7549
Tech Fanatic
 
vabroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 913
Default

I don't think it matters which one you use, but TOP shim number is PA-101012 and I think it has 10 of each .1, .2 and .3.
__________________
RC racing is still trying to prove that two solid objects can be in the same place, at the same time.
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #7550
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Cool, by the sounds of it all the 10mm shim kits come with almost the same set of shims then, which means I'll likely be good whatever kit I buy when I get the new yoko diff.

Looking forward to the stronger gear diff, the micro one feels great till it chunks, though I'm keeping the micro up front, it holds up fine with 100k+ in it, gives me fantastic corner entry speeds.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #7551
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Cool, by the sounds of it all the 10mm shim kits come with almost the same set of shims then, which means I'll likely be good whatever kit I buy when I get the new yoko diff.

Looking forward to the stronger gear diff, the micro one feels great till it chunks, though I'm keeping the micro up front, it holds up fine with 100k+ in it, gives me fantastic corner entry speeds.
What motor are you running the 100k with. Will this work up front in a 17.5 non ramping car?
goose510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #7552
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

where can i find a pdf of the manual ?? ran a search and googled and nothing with a valid link seems to come up......
thanks
__________________
The Hobby Shop,The Ohio RC Factory
T.O.P. Photon CRC XTI, XRAY T4 15 xray xb4 xb8e losi sct 2.0

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #7553
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,211
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

http://www.racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Photon#Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer View Post
where can i find a pdf of the manual ?? ran a search and googled and nothing with a valid link seems to come up......
thanks
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #7554
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thank you hanulec
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
__________________
The Hobby Shop,The Ohio RC Factory
T.O.P. Photon CRC XTI, XRAY T4 15 xray xb4 xb8e losi sct 2.0

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #7555
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose510 View Post
What motor are you running the 100k with. Will this work up front in a 17.5 non ramping car?
10.5T with no timing, not sure about 17.5T as it may not need it (speed and power wise if your going slower it may not be noticed as much).

I have said it previously, but the gear diff up front is likely working for me cause it's a track with bumpy corners, and medium to low traction, I can go harder into the corners now, a lot harder in fact, downside is maybe I loose a little drive coming out of the corner, also I noticed it will want to come out wide compared to a spool which gives more steering out of a corner (diff gives more steering into the corner).

It's a try it and see if you like it type of thing, right now I just love because it makes the car easy to drive, I like anything that makes the cars easier to drive.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #7556
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,590
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
10.5T with no timing, not sure about 17.5T as it may not need it (speed and power wise if your going slower it may not be noticed as much).

I have said it previously, but the gear diff up front is likely working for me cause it's a track with bumpy corners, and medium to low traction, I can go harder into the corners now, a lot harder in fact, downside is maybe I loose a little drive coming out of the corner, also I noticed it will want to come out wide compared to a spool which gives more steering out of a corner (diff gives more steering into the corner).

It's a try it and see if you like it type of thing, right now I just love because it makes the car easy to drive, I like anything that makes the cars easier to drive.

I did some testing with two gear diffs. and my laps time is much faster with the spool...just my 02cent
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #7557
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8
Default

Is this car still in production? It is out of stock in any shop like
Amainhobbies and rc-mushroom.
electric_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #7558
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

quick question

what length are the steel front drive shafts
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #7559
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
quick question

what length are the steel front drive shafts
Front dogbones are 46mm

Rears are 44.5mm

I assume that's what you mean.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #7560
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

yep thanks a bunch
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net