R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #7111
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

hi, has anyone tryed the litemodz front and rear cvs on the photon , r they any good ?

thanks
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #7112
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TOP Released Ti-Rod Wrench for Photon
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-new-parts.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-pt-tw01rd.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #7113
Tech Master
 
old-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier before but has anyone noticed that the diff halves supplied in the kit are hard coated and the one purchased as replacement parts are not hard coated?

I have 2 diff halves that was purchased as replacement parts did not last as long as the kit supplied ones combined even with regular replacement of the C blades.

The other thing I noticed is the the color is also different. The kit ones are slightly darker in color probably caused by hard coating and the replacement parts are similar color with all other allow parts of the car.

I am interested in getting the ones supplied in the kit. Does anyone know of a part number specific to it?
old-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #7114
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
I am interested in getting the ones supplied in the kit. Does anyone know of a part number specific to it?
There would only be one part number, but you could have been in a situation where the kit you bought was newer stock than the spare parts?.

TOP have made running changes to parts, like with the spur pulleys I got last week, which now come pre-glued and fit my kawada spurs with no mods.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #7115
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #7116
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,461
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
AE Diff lube works good, as well as NifTech.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #7117
Tech Master
 
Mr. Bubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,070
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKarate757 View Post
AE Diff lube works good, as well as NifTech.
Yup, AE diff lube for the diff and AE BLACK GREASE for the thrust
Do not use the diff lube for thrust, bad idea.
__________________
Schumacher MI6 (SMC Powered) Touring Car
Schumacher KC (SMC Powered) Stock Buggy
No 1/12 scale till they run with rubber tires!!!
Mr. Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #7118
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salem
Posts: 999
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
I use AE black on the thrust and AE clear on the other.. butter every time!
Mr.A Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #7119
Tech Master
 
Mr. Bubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,070
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
hi, has anyone tryed the litemodz front and rear cvs on the photon , r they any good ?

thanks
Got a complete set a while ago, front and rear. The rear ones are great, hardly any backlash at all when used with the top blades.
But the front ones are a different story, the coupling CVS is a little too big for the C-Hub opening and would hit the sides of the C-hub when turning sharp. I ended up dremeling out a larger opening for the C-hub. Also there is some rubber tubing that comes with them and you need to cut it very precisely to make up for the slop in the diff outdrive. I must've not cut precisely enough cuz I didn't even make it through one race, tagged a corner and the front ones blew up into millions of pieces.60 bucks down the drain.
But I've still got the rear ones on and they are great. Many many races and still very very minimal backlash.
__________________
Schumacher MI6 (SMC Powered) Touring Car
Schumacher KC (SMC Powered) Stock Buggy
No 1/12 scale till they run with rubber tires!!!
Mr. Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #7120
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,289
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

What blew up the plastic pipe on the pins or the bone?
I have the spec r front ecs and love them i installed xray pins and C hubs and all is well. I have had some realy hard sweeper hits in spec class and still turning
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #7121
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

Cool thanks guys...that's what I used...AE diff grease and AE black grease. The diff is very smooth but it felt like it had a little drag in it so I wanted to make sure the black grease wasn't too thick.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #7122
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,333
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Cool thanks guys...that's what I used...AE diff grease and AE black grease. The diff is very smooth but it felt like it had a little drag in it so I wanted to make sure the black grease wasn't too thick.
It will free up after run-in.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #7123
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
i use shumacher diff grease and AE black grease....the diff grease last longer for me if compare with other diff grease...
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #7124
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
i use shumacher diff grease and AE black grease....the diff grease last longer for me if compare with other diff grease...
I haven't tried them all, but ever since I started using Schumacher diff grease, I haven't felt the need to try any other ones. That stuff works great.

I'm using TRF thrust bearing grease right now. There might be better grease, but it's what I've got and seems to work well enough. Is AE better for thrust bearing grease?
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #7125
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby View Post
Got a complete set a while ago, front and rear. The rear ones are great, hardly any backlash at all when used with the top blades.
But the front ones are a different story, the coupling CVS is a little too big for the C-Hub opening and would hit the sides of the C-hub when turning sharp. I ended up dremeling out a larger opening for the C-hub. Also there is some rubber tubing that comes with them and you need to cut it very precisely to make up for the slop in the diff outdrive. I must've not cut precisely enough cuz I didn't even make it through one race, tagged a corner and the front ones blew up into millions of pieces.60 bucks down the drain.
But I've still got the rear ones on and they are great. Many many races and still very very minimal backlash.
That's horrible. All the performance gains are suppose to be from the front shafts. At least that is what I thought. Have you contacted them on this?
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net