R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 AM   #6691
Tech Addict
 
gruman28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 716
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Just finished building my Photon and everything went great. Everything fit together nicely until i got to putting in the motor.

I am using the lipo chassis and a tekin redline motor. The motor wont fit correcly between the motor guard. With the motor guard, it tweaks the motor on a weird angle. I took the motor guard off and all is fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I attached the motor guard to the bottom of the chassis and all is good. Just worried that is will scrape.


THANKS
Chris
gruman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #6692
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,211
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruman28 View Post
Just finished building my Photon and everything went great. Everything fit together nicely until i got to putting in the motor.

I am using the lipo chassis and a tekin redline motor. The motor wont fit correcly between the motor guard. With the motor guard, it tweaks the motor on a weird angle. I took the motor guard off and all is fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I attached the motor guard to the bottom of the chassis and all is good. Just worried that is will scrape.


THANKS
Chris
Take the guard off the bottom - that wont work. Dremel the piece until it fits or get another motor. Trinity Duo, speed passion or novak motors fit.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #6693
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I've had a tekin motor in my car before. You have to get a different spur gear so it puts the motor towards the center of the hole.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #6694
Tech Regular
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

For those who helped with my leaky shocks..thanx!!!

I still have the first gen photon, and really like it and I do not want to upgrade to another brand sake of changing... so question is, If i get the lipo chassis does the width of the chassis change? it appears to be the same, but I would like to have a narrower chassis if possible ( I did try "search" button LOL)

Thanx again guys
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #6695
Tech Fanatic
 
macdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
For those who helped with my leaky shocks..thanx!!!

I still have the first gen photon, and really like it and I do not want to upgrade to another brand sake of changing... so question is, If i get the lipo chassis does the width of the chassis change? it appears to be the same, but I would like to have a narrower chassis if possible ( I did try "search" button LOL)

Thanx again guys
My understanding is that there is a narrow version of the chassis in the works. And you are correct the new lipo chassis is not any narrower than the six cell version. The real difference is there are some extra hole in the chassis so that you can move the lipo further to the right side, and it also gives you the ability to flip the diffs and run the front belt to the right side. The standard chassis does not offer this ability as there holes under the diffs in the front and rear are smaller.

Hope this answers your question.
__________________
---------------
KO Eurus / Orca / MMP / XB2 / 22-4 /
macdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #6696
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default layshaft spacer

Does anyone one know the size or pn for the layshaft spacer? I recently got a new to me 2nd photon. The gear set has a lot of slop and noticed its the wrong spacer. I dont have calipers to check the other one on my other car. I was going to make a parts order and just wondering on a part number or a susbsitute.

Thanks
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #6697
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
Does anyone one know the size or pn for the layshaft spacer? I recently got a new to me 2nd photon. The gear set has a lot of slop and noticed its the wrong spacer. I dont have calipers to check the other one on my other car. I was going to make a parts order and just wondering on a part number or a susbsitute.

Thanks
The outer diameter of the layshaft is 5mm. I use our TOP steel shims.

Shim Set M5x7mm 0.1,0.2,0.3mm (10 each) [PA-100507]
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #6698
Tech Master
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

I still have trouble removing the bearings from the spur gear. I decided just to buy a new 20t pulley and bearings and shaft. The shaft that top sells is black and not the red version. What to do?
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #6699
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
I still have trouble removing the bearings from the spur gear. I decided just to buy a new 20t pulley and bearings and shaft. The shaft that top sells is black and not the red version. What to do?
The black shaft is steel and supercedes the red alumium one. The steel shaft does not mushroom on the ends like the aluminum one and your bearings won't get stuck. You will have to space the spur gear assembly differently due to the tab on the steel shaft, use the shims EJ mentioned in the above post
__________________
TOP Racing USA--OD Racing--Novak--Power Push--J Spec
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #6700
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,093
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Buy the black one as it is steel instead of alloy.
You won't have trouble removing your bearings with the black shaft.

regards Roy


Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
I still have trouble removing the bearings from the spur gear. I decided just to buy a new 20t pulley and bearings and shaft. The shaft that top sells is black and not the red version. What to do?
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #6701
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,590
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Where can I get these items ?
TOP ALLOY Steering Crank set (POPCH25)
TOP ALLOY Camber Link Plate
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #6702
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Where can I get these items ?
TOP ALLOY Steering Crank set (POPCH25)
TOP ALLOY Camber Link Plate
http://www.topracingusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=20_21
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #6703
Tech Elite
 
MAD916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Center Seca
Posts: 3,117
Default

instock at Timezone Franko.......
__________________
Timezone Raceway Park " on-road outdoor european style road course.
Timezone II 60'x100' indoor carpet track. Host of the ROAR 2011 Carpet Nat's.
Timezonehobbies.com your new source for online RC products.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #6704
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default layshaft shim

Thanks for the help.
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #6705
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,590
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
instock at Timezone Franko.......
Ohh...Didn't know ...well are you going to give it up...lol Please PM back with the price...Thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net