Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tweak

Hi

What do you guys do to get this car tweaked, it have had a small tweak since building it but after every race day it gets more and more out of tweak i donīt have really big crashes mostly i just roll the car over, i have been racing xray before which isnīt out of tweak like top.

Is there anything special to do on the top as every thing i have done donīt work.

Regards
Martin
Old 11-12-2010, 09:04 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinBasse
Hi

What do you guys do to get this car tweaked, it have had a small tweak since building it but after every race day it gets more and more out of tweak i donīt have really big crashes mostly i just roll the car over, i have been racing xray before which isnīt out of tweak like top.

Is there anything special to do on the top as every thing i have done donīt work.

Regards
Martin
1) Does your car turn equal circles both directions ? i.e. are your endpoints configured ?

2) Are your shocks the same length ?

3) Is the preload on your shocks the same left to right ? ie. is both front shock collars set the same , then is both rear set the same ?

4) Is your chassis flat against the table when you take your tires and shocks off ?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Hey guys, I broke a front steering knuckle on my photon and took it apart. somehow I lost a kingpin collar. I bought this car used so I have a bunch of spares. However, some parts look different then other and some kingpin collars do not fit on the front C hub.

Can someone give me an idea of what parts I should get to redo the front end, so its modern to todays parts? Thanks!
You need these:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Pin-Collar-4

TC5 ones fit, but are a bit long, should be shaved a bit. The chubs and knuckles have not changed since the car was released, but its good to have some spares.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default tweak

Originally Posted by jrp
1) Does your car turn equal circles both directions ? i.e. are your endpoints configured ?

Yes

2) Are your shocks the same length ?

Yes

3) Is the preload on your shocks the same left to right ? ie. is both front shock collars set the same , then is both rear set the same ?

Yes

4) Is your chassis flat against the table when you take your tires and shocks off ?

No not completly never was flat out off the box.
so i donīt know if i need a new chassis i have the 6 cell nimh that came with the kit but that is allso out of tweak.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hi

Regards
Martin
If you have the lipo chassis loosen the motor protector screws before you tighten the top deck screws, mine was causing a pretty bad tweak. The wings are also a spot that will shift, try loosening them, and push the car down on a flat board and re tightening them. Replace all of your screws if you haven't, the top ones suck and will strip, better screws will help you get everything tighter.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so i donīt know if i need a new chassis i have the 6 cell nimh that came with the kit but that is allso out of tweak.
IF the tweak you are talking about shows when you are using a tweak station (flat board/bubble type), tire wear will show a difference on the bubble between rounds. Some will see this as chassis tweak, when its just normal tire wear showing as the variable. (IE: A track with lots of right hand high speed corners will generally wear the left front twice as much than the right rear)

YES this even shows on rubber tire setups... but depends on how much tire wear you actually have. If the car is set up right and you have very little tire rubber showing in your body, then tire wear induced tweak should be minimal. Very little adjustment should be needed between rounds.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Okay.... I did some research and it looks like the car I bought had xray steering knuckles on it. as well as C hubs. . Anyways, it looks like they work, but I am in the process of putting everything back to original.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This car has ball diffs or it is gear diff from the factory??
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greenracing
This car has ball diffs or it is gear diff from the factory??
ball diff
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default front binding

Is there any tricks to reduce the binding in the front end at near steering lock ?

And to qualify, can anything by done with TOP parts to improving the situation ? I have read the thread about converting over to use some XRay parts.

And secondly, does anyone feel this is even an issue worth messing with ?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got rid of the chatter at near lock when I went to the TOP steel universals.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp
Is there any tricks to reduce the binding in the front end at near steering lock ?

And to qualify, can anything by done with TOP parts to improving the situation ? I have read the thread about converting over to use some XRay parts.

And secondly, does anyone feel this is even an issue worth messing with ?
I also have this issue and I have not been able to get rid of it. Just running it!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You need these:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Pin-Collar-4

TC5 ones fit, but are a bit long, should be shaved a bit. The chubs and knuckles have not changed since the car was released, but its good to have some spares.
$8.49 ?
US$3 only !
Old 11-12-2010, 01:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
$8.49 ?
US$3 only !
don't forget the 13.54 shipping fee to usa...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
don't forget the 13.54 shipping fee to usa...
but if group to order will had bester price !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.