R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #5131
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
is LTD rubber version, Right?
careful not to tighten too much ball cup shocks.
Yes! Thanks for the tips...i'm building the Shocks tonight! I've got some Losi 40WT oil from my Nitro days... will this be ok for a asphalt outdoor track (with the 1mm 3 hole pistons ) ?
anthony_ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #5132
Tech Addict
 
paraletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ADELAIDE
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The reason i want to know about lowering the internal ratio is the rumours of possibly a stock class without timing an turbo etc

then I'd prob need to run a higher fdr

what fdr's are you achieving from this car?

ATM I'm running a hobbywing with boost-turbo etc so shouldn't be an issue buy if I run a spec stock class in future would be good to know I can achieve the higher fdr's

thanks
__________________
Losi XXX-S G+..................Tamiya M03.......................TOP Photon
Losi XXX-4 G+.................HoBao ST Pro electric........Losi Micro SCT
Losi XXX-CR....................Losi Mini Baja.....................Losi XX-4 W/E
ASSociated RC12L4
T.O.P PHOTON EX & Tamiya M05 - currently undergoing rigorous crash testing!
paraletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #5133
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_ling View Post
Yes! Thanks for the tips...i'm building the Shocks tonight! I've got some Losi 40WT oil from my Nitro days... will this be ok for a asphalt outdoor track (with the 1mm 3 hole pistons ) ?
Use Losi 40WT too!
I used a 1,2mm 3 holes piston
new shocks are fantastic!
I run 25% rebound, for use zero Rebound, with 1mm hole on caps.
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #5134
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,771
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

PRS Makes spurs as low as like 72 that will fit on this car along with pinions up to 62 or maybe even higher. Getting the right gear ratio wont be an issue with the 2.0 internal
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #5135
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraletic View Post
The reason i want to know about lowering the internal ratio is the rumours of possibly a stock class without timing an turbo etc

then I'd prob need to run a higher fdr

what fdr's are you achieving from this car?

ATM I'm running a hobbywing with boost-turbo etc so shouldn't be an issue buy if I run a spec stock class in future would be good to know I can achieve the higher fdr's

thanks
why is a problem?
use a little spur gear...
with 100 spur and 40T pinion --- 5 FDR
with 88 spur and 40t pinion --- 4,4 FDR
88 spur 45 pinion --- 3,9 FDR
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #5136
Tech Addict
 
paraletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ADELAIDE
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Ok thanks
your talking 64pitch are you?

I've only ever ran 48pitch so that's all the pinions etc I have (will Robinson pinions fit ok on this car?)

is a fdr of 3.2:1 or 3.5:1 achievable?
That's what I used run with my lrp sphere
__________________
Losi XXX-S G+..................Tamiya M03.......................TOP Photon
Losi XXX-4 G+.................HoBao ST Pro electric........Losi Micro SCT
Losi XXX-CR....................Losi Mini Baja.....................Losi XX-4 W/E
ASSociated RC12L4
T.O.P PHOTON EX & Tamiya M05 - currently undergoing rigorous crash testing!
paraletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #5137
Tech Adept
 
toby333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraletic View Post
Ok thanks
your talking 64pitch are you?

I've only ever ran 48pitch so that's all the pinions etc I have (will Robinson pinions fit ok on this car?)

is a fdr of 3.2:1 or 3.5:1 achievable?
That's what I used run with my lrp sphere
I was running FDR 3.7 48pitch (37t pinion/70t spur) with my novak gtb/17.5 not that long ago. The lowest ratio my gear chart shows is 3.2 (40t/64t). And the robinson pinions are fine. I've got one in my photon at the moment.
toby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 AM   #5138
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

ROche heavyduty axle for Photon
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #5139
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,771
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
ROche heavyduty axle for Photon
I have no idea what dogbone would fit on that. And what is the purpose for a "heavy duty" axle. I have been running this car for over a year now and have hit stuff HARD and never damaged an axle in any way shape or form.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #5140
Tech Initiate
 
FLATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Default

+1
FLATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #5141
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where i could pick up a kit or 2. I'm going to IIC and would like a Second car and a third too. I'm just being impatient because I'm on the wAiting list for 2 with top USA.

Regards
Jerry
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #5142
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I have no idea what dogbone would fit on that. And what is the purpose for a "heavy duty" axle. I have been running this car for over a year now and have hit stuff HARD and never damaged an axle in any way shape or form.
It looks similar to the xray optional ones that came out for the 008/9
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #5143
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,221
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Come Friday night mine hits the local track, although some zoom and less 'hit' would be nice, and it won't be all that fast just yet, I think I'm in the wrong FDR range and don't have the program box yet, but the 60A HW and 10.5 SP should give it some go, urged on by a 5000/50C pack...

__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #5144
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,771
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I dont know how you are going to feel about that body. I have almost heard of noone that likes the way the R9-R feels. The R9-F on rubber tires was freaking awesome but the R lacks rear bite.

Go with the LTC-R or the Speed 6 if you can. You will be able to dial yourself in much quicker with either of those bodies. The ltc-r is my favorite and has been for the past year and a half.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #5145
Tech Master
 
Pablo Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I dont know how you are going to feel about that body. I have almost heard of noone that likes the way the R9-R feels. The R9-F on rubber tires was freaking awesome but the R lacks rear bite.

Go with the LTC-R or the Speed 6 if you can. You will be able to dial yourself in much quicker with either of those bodies. The ltc-r is my favorite and has been for the past year and a half.
Good to know the R9-F fits on with rubber tires. I never would have thought of that. Steering with the R9-R is great but it is real hard to get the rear to hang on. Are there any trick to make the F fit with rubber tires? I though it would scrub, especially at the front.
__________________
Paul H

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net