Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn
Anybody try the gear diff yet.
You can support off power more turn ,
on power more punch .
Old 07-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hello guys

is it worth to buy this car ? it can be compare to cars like xray t3 or trf416 ?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
You can support off power more turn ,
on power more punch .
Thanks. How is reliability and what type of oil did you use?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tomesz
hello guys

is it worth to buy this car ? it can be compare to cars like xray t3 or trf416 ?
Well that be the $150 question, can it cut it with the cars costing 25% or so more?, Top is fairly new to the race scene, trying to cut it with the big boys that have been around a lot longer.

Time may be the only true answer, but there does seem to be a noticeable amount of guys saying it's easier to drive and setup than a Mi4, and in the US at least it's having some good results against the other big brands, yet sadly I don't think there was a single one at the worlds.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn
Thanks. How is reliability and what type of oil did you use?
In Stock Class our HK Team Driver tested over 100 batteries,
in MOD Class same had more test & keep now ,
at MOD Motor build-in Xceed 20k Silicone oil
for base to support huge LiPo & Brushless Motor power .

* if used light silicone oil gear life will drop , same other brand plastic gear .
Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we have just received stock of the Gear diffs,

these are much smaller than the spec-r gear diffs,

we will be doing local testing starting this weekend,
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-upro.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-upro2.jpg  
Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just chucked this on the scale to see how they weigh

they are nearly 20% lighter than a normal ball diff,

U-Pro gear diff with pulley 16.2g

standard ball diff 19.9g

standard spool with lightweight alloy outdrives 9g
ti racing F1 spool with pulley 15.4g
Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is my quick 2 cents on the gear diff (rear) after running for 6 packs this weekend.

From new, I refilled the diff with 20k oil. Felt very soft compared to ball diff but very smooth.
After running through 6 packs at race pace with a 8.5T brushless & Tekin RS Pro combo(Timing Boost 40 and Turbo 10) the diff still felt as smooth as original. Have not yet open-up to see how much ware & tear on the gears though.

During the runs, diff is consistant and lay down the power like a solid diff coming out of coners. Had to change my trottle input compared to a ball diff.
Off power, lots of steering and rear rotates out smoothy.
On power out of corners, like i said lots off power and grip. A little hairy in the beginng because of the added grip. If i was not gentle out of corners, the rear felt like it would over accelerate the front causing it to pull away from the front of the car (rear wipe-out).

Overall. pretty impressed with the gear diff. Might try a lighter diff oil set up and since I bought 2 sets, next week gonna try one in front also.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rod M
we have just received stock of the Gear diffs,

these are much smaller than the spec-r gear diffs,

we will be doing local testing starting this weekend,
Originally Posted by Rod M
just chucked this on the scale to see how they weigh

they are nearly 20% lighter than a normal ball diff,

U-Pro gear diff with pulley 16.2g

standard ball diff 19.9g

standard spool with lightweight alloy outdrives 9g
ti racing F1 spool with pulley 15.4g
Originally Posted by 29TC
Here is my quick 2 cents on the gear diff (rear) after running for 6 packs this weekend.

From new, I refilled the diff with 20k oil. Felt very soft compared to ball diff but very smooth.
After running through 6 packs at race pace with a 8.5T brushless & Tekin RS Pro combo(Timing Boost 40 and Turbo 10) the diff still felt as smooth as original. Have not yet open-up to see how much ware & tear on the gears though.

During the runs, diff is consistant and lay down the power like a solid diff coming out of coners. Had to change my trottle input compared to a ball diff.
Off power, lots of steering and rear rotates out smoothy.
On power out of corners, like i said lots off power and grip. A little hairy in the beginng because of the added grip. If i was not gentle out of corners, the rear felt like it would over accelerate the front causing it to pull away from the front of the car (rear wipe-out).

Overall. pretty impressed with the gear diff. Might try a lighter diff oil set up and since I bought 2 sets, next week gonna try one in front also.
Did you run it right out of the bag or did you add/change the diff oil?

THX
Old 07-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Don't too much oil , around case 70%
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It was good seeing all the TOP shirts at the race this weekend at Jackson. Would of liked to see a couple more that planned to attend but stuff happens.

The car worked awesome for me all weekend long and allowed me to TQ and win both 13.5 and Mod against a good field. I ran a similar setup that I posted on here about 3 months ago, but I can post it again if anyone is interested.

Thanks to EJ for coming out and hanging with us this weekend on a long trip from Cali to the East Coast. I'm tired today bro.

Here is a video of the 13.5 A main. Schreff doorslaps the Team Manager on the last lap to take over 3rd place and sends him into the infield.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
It was good seeing all the TOP shirts at the race this weekend at Jackson. Would of liked to see a couple more that planned to attend but stuff happens.

The car worked awesome for me all weekend long and allowed me to TQ and win both 13.5 and Mod against a good field. I ran a similar setup that I posted on here about 3 months ago, but I can post it again if anyone is interested.

Thanks to EJ for coming out and hanging with us this weekend on a long trip from Cali to the East Coast. I'm tired today bro.

Here is a video of the 13.5 A main. Schreff doorslaps the Team Manager on the last lap to take over 3rd place and sends him into the infield.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Your car was sick this weekend. Congrats on the two wins. You deserved them both.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
That's awesome race
ygpm
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He couldn't take the heat, so I kicked him out of the Kitchen!

Once again Larry, you smoke us again at Jackson. Great job not blowing out like me. I think I was still in the offroad frame of mind jumping those dots all weekend.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Did you run it right out of the bag or did you add/change the diff oil?

THX
I noticed that the 1st batch of gear diffs sold had lighter oil. My second diff (i ordered a week later) felt tighter.

I did not try the diff in its orginal oil. I changed it to 20K before running it for the 1st time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.