Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bmcallister
Who is making the gear diff, and when is it suppose to be available?
It's made by TOP and will be out soon.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
RC Market anything with the gear diffs.
Dealy to next week !
Old 06-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
forget that carpet racing nonsense Get outdoors hehe
I do need to grt outdoors more
Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
RC Market anything with the gear diffs.
Originally Posted by bmcallister
Who is making the gear diff, and when is it suppose to be available?
Who anyone interest of Photon's gear diff, i have found this site its nice photos, see by your eyes: http://kkchung.pixnet.net/album/set/14440243
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Who anyone interest of Photon's gear diff, i have found this site its nice photos, see by your eyes: http://kkchung.pixnet.net/album/set/14440243

awesome
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

tell him to take it apart.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Loving the photon.

General setup question that hopefully you guys might beable to shed some light on..

Roll center on the syspensions arms. If I go from say from holders with M to H, all round what in theory would be the effect on the handling on the car on track? Would the effect be the same between Carpet and Tarmac?

Bit lost on this one.

Thanks Guys
Tristan
Old 06-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CouldbeFaster
Hi Guys,

Loving the photon.

General setup question that hopefully you guys might beable to shed some light on..

Roll center on the syspensions arms. If I go from say from holders with M to H, all round what in theory would be the effect on the handling on the car on track? Would the effect be the same between Carpet and Tarmac?

Bit lost on this one.

Thanks Guys
Tristan
Higher roll centers transition quicker, but produce less grip overall.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

aluminium spring holder for photon---------> here
Old 06-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

ok guys i have a question

what effect does that little piece of foam above the bladder have on how the shock works
compared to not using it
compared to using an oring above the bladder
Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The foam would be used when your racing surface has more bite. The idea is to help control shock piston/shaft speed, compession/rebound without having to go to extremes with piston and shock oil selection. Chassis design and weight play a big role here.

Generally, a bladderless shock works best in low traction conditions. As the grip increases, a thin bladder works well, then onto a thicker bladder, or combined with the foam inserts to help even more.

Shock prep and bound/rebound settings are very important for consistent and repeatable handling. Always check what you have before teardown, so you know you can put it back to where it was, if you are copying your previous setup.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Electric cars are so pretty, love the Top red in the flesh, car has some very nice touches, and seems very well turned out, feels so small compared to my Nitro cars...
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ball Diff...

First I just got to say, I have never built up an electric car before, well other than maybe some toys as a kid, but ball differentials seriously wtf?.

Building my Photon rear ball diff was an interesting experience, a ball diff is possibly one of the most bastard contraptions I have ever put together, it's not impossible, but damn it's not like they made it easy either.

After building some of the car, it's now on hold till I buy some better instant glue, only have the cheap stuff at home and I don't trust it...
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop
First I just got to say, I have never built up an electric car before, well other than maybe some toys as a kid, but ball differentials seriously wtf?.

Building my Photon rear ball diff was an interesting experience, a ball diff is possibly one of the most bastard contraptions I have ever put together, it's not impossible, but damn it's not like they made it easy either.

After building some of the car, it's now on hold till I buy some better instant glue, only have the cheap stuff at home and I don't trust it...
they're fine once you get used to them, but yeah, first few times building one is a struggle !
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop

Building the Top diff was pretty easy, I just got a XXXT for my son to race offroad, and that diff was very hard compared to the TOP diff. It is not much different in the way it goes together, but it I am pretty sure that I lost a couple of the cone washers.

What are you using the CA for? Also have you sanded the and sealed the chassis? This will keep the carbon from pealing. And for all graphite stuff makes the edges look and feel really smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.