R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #4276
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I have a very limited knowledge of this car. I'm picking up one for Reedy Race. I can think of Aluminum spool outdrives for running mod, I have only browsed this thread just a little, but any other items ill be needing? After much back and forth, and talks with various people, im happy to be picking up a photon. If you guys can link me to a good list of recommended parts that would be awesome.

-Mike
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #4277
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I have a very limited knowledge of this car. I'm picking up one for Reedy Race. I can think of Aluminum spool outdrives for running mod, I have only browsed this thread just a little, but any other items ill be needing? After much back and forth, and talks with various people, im happy to be picking up a photon. If you guys can link me to a good list of recommended parts that would be awesome.

-Mike
alot
good luck
just buy the cefx upgrade now
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #4278
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
alot
good luck
just buy the cefx upgrade now
I'm not sold on the Cefx design. Or even the stock photon for that matter. But hey, I need a car for Reedy and beyond, until something spectacular that I gotta have comes out, i'm running a Photon. With all the little problems with the T3, the Photon is not looking that bad for the price.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #4279
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,305
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I'm not sold on the Cefx design. Or even the stock photon for that matter. But hey, I need a car for Reedy and beyond, until something spectacular that I gotta have comes out, i'm running a Photon. With all the little problems with the T3, the Photon is not looking that bad for the price.
Axle pin covers are very nice. Not required but they free up the CVDs and make maintenance easier. King headz makes an aluminum bellcrank that I could recommend. The aluminum knuckles are nice but the stock ones hold up pretty well. The kits come with steel spool outdrives. They are plenty strong for mod and don't require the plastic blades. The aluminum outdrives do require the blades. Pick up a couple bags of the blades with your order. Other than that just enjoy the car.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #4280
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Axle pin covers are very nice. Not required but they free up the CVDs and make maintenance easier. King headz makes an aluminum bellcrank that I could recommend. The aluminum knuckles are nice but the stock ones hold up pretty well. The kits come with steel spool outdrives. They are plenty strong for mod and don't require the plastic blades. The aluminum outdrives do require the blades. Pick up a couple bags of the blades with your order. Other than that just enjoy the car.
Hmm, I was under the impression it came with plastic outdrives. .

Thank You.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #4281
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,523
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I have a very limited knowledge of this car. I'm picking up one for Reedy Race. I can think of Aluminum spool outdrives for running mod, I have only browsed this thread just a little, but any other items ill be needing? After much back and forth, and talks with various people, im happy to be picking up a photon. If you guys can link me to a good list of recommended parts that would be awesome.

-Mike
My kit came with the Steel spool outdrives only parts I can reccommend you needing are steel cvd's for the front # TRP-PO-SDT008 and replacing the upper deck screws with the special big head screw # TRP-PA-SCM2607BK those help against tweeking and maybe shock springs other than that can has been solid and pretty reliable in Mod
The Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #4282
Tech Elite
 
RCFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MEMBER OF THE "MWC" Mimi Wong Clan
Posts: 2,402
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

13.5 2nd qualifier Jackson Charity race.

Fast Guy Larry Fairtrace, taking back TQ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLrGc...609ca3443d8bd1
__________________
Arv.
RC AMERICA// EA MOTORSPORTS// KO PROPO// ORCA
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #4283
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
13.5 2nd qualifier Jackson Charity race.

Fast Guy Larry Fairtrace, taking back TQ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLrGc...609ca3443d8bd1
You can watch me toast my motor!!
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #4284
Tech Elite
 
RCFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MEMBER OF THE "MWC" Mimi Wong Clan
Posts: 2,402
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

cant miss it, it happened in front of pit lane!! sorry man!
__________________
Arv.
RC AMERICA// EA MOTORSPORTS// KO PROPO// ORCA
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #4285
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
cant miss it, it happened in front of pit lane!! sorry man!
No problem, it was a good excuse to put a good motor in for the main.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #4286
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
No problem, it was a good excuse to put a good motor in for the main.
You ready to get one Karl? Give me a call, can run mind for the next month or so since I'll be in ^$%(^(%(&*&%&%* France..
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #4287
Tech Addict
 
jdearhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Darlington, SC
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Sorry for being extremely lazy, but I really didn't want to read through 286 pages! LOL! Where can parts be purchased online besides Amain in the US?
jdearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #4288
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
You ready to get one Karl? Give me a call, can run mind for the next month or so since I'll be in ^$%(^(%(&*&%&%* France..
Yeah ill run it at the C and return it superdialed, although it was really good when I drove yours.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #4289
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Big congrats to my man Arvin Nano for taking the "W". The "Jerry Shrefftrace" guy is ok too......
You my boy, sack! Steak, hit me up soon, have a question or two.
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #4290
Tech Regular
 
beaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Send a message via MSN to beaim
Default

rcmarket,

when will we have alu bell crank?
beaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0