R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #4126
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Looking at his car made me seriously consider a Photon. It is truly a new design from the standard top-deck. I have not seen any car come close to what this does.

Edit: I'm one post late
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #4127
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Verwood,Dorset, southern UK
Posts: 45
Default

Wow that top deck...I did'nt know it was possible to improve a Photon

Could the design be to keep a certain amount of flex but to reduce chassis "wind up/bogging" when pushed hard in high grip with Mod...Que Josh

PS..I wish a few more UK drivers would "cotton on" to what I feel is one of easiest to drive and best chassis for the clubman/stock classes!
__________________
Sponser,Reality Racing/CML

Last edited by lesbaldry; 04-07-2010 at 04:28 AM.
lesbaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #4128
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,960
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
Well - I know thats a deep subject ,
Technically Alex I just typed it ! lol !

Hope all is well up there !

me

.
Hope we can mix it up this summer!

Take care, my friend........

......... BTW, this car is HOT!!
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #4129
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,936
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Q you got pm
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #4130
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Those pictures do not do justice!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #4131
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

Hello Everyone - Just wanted to let you know I am going to make a new CEFX thread for our coming products and stay off the TOP thread for their products.
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #4132
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,948
Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Josh no longer with TOP???
King of B Main is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #4133
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Unfortunately as he indicated Josh and Top have parted ways, but Myself, Schreff, EJ, Vincent and the rest of the team will continue to run the car the way it is produced out of the box.

Of course we will still be working on improvements but we will not be running the conversion kit, because IMO the car works great in the stock TOP form.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #4134
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Unfortunately as he indicated Josh and Top have parted ways, but Myself, Schreff, EJ, Vincent and the rest of the team will continue to run the car the way it is produced out of the box.

Of course we will still be working on improvements but we will not be running the conversion kit, because IMO the car works great in the stock TOP form.
Wow - Cyrul gone from TOP!!!! He took a next to nothing company and put it on "TOP" - someone will be kicking themselves in no time flat.

LMAO - run it box stock ???? Working on improvements ???? Who is stepping into Cyrul's shoes ???? My guess it is team orders you can't run CEFX!!
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #4135
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Yes Mr. slewis a guy that hasnt posted on RCtech in almost 2 years we will be running it in the Form that won the Reedy Race, Tqed and qualified 3rd at the Halloween Classic with a 2nd place finish, Tqed and qualified 3rd at The Snowbirds and won and most Recently won 13.5 at the Carpet nats where Vincent Jackson hot lapped even mod with his 13.5.

I think for the first year of the car being out it did just fine in the stock form and it will only get better.

I wish Josh luck with whatever he is doing, he is a friend and a very skilled racer and accomplished designer.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #4136
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,224
Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81
Default

Who forgot to lock the door...?
__________________
Dustin Layne
smoke81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #4137
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I can understand why a sponsor might want what they sell to be what the team drives, especially when it performs so well right out of the box, but if a designer/racer were to test new things out, I imagine during competition would be a pretty good way to judge how well it truly performs. *shrugs*

I just ordered a Photon today. Been looking at TC kits for a while and finally just decided to get myself the current Photon. I love the design. I also think the CEFX Evo kit for it is extremely cool and I might eventually buy one for my new car. I'm going to start out with the stock kit, but if I happen to break the chassis or have tweak issues, I'll probably go right to the Evo instead of replacing the stock chassis. I would at least switch to the lipo only chassis and at that point I'd probably just go for the CEFX Evo kit. The stock Photon design is awesome. Josh did a great job. What he has done with the CEFX Evo looks like an improvement on an already awesome design.

Maybe they didn't have a very good contract or maybe everyone's intentions and expectations weren't perfectly clear. I certainly don't know, so speculation is probably not such a wise move on my part, but for some reason I keep typing. This breakup, in the long run, might not be good for TOP, but who knows? Given his creativity and ingenuity, I expect Josh will be perfectly fine. I apologize if someone like me, looking at this from the outside and commenting on it is offensive to anyone or deemed inappropriate, but hey, this is the internet. I doubt I'll say anything further on this particular subject anyway.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #4138
Tech Adept
 
*SBH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
I can understand why a sponsor might want what they sell to be what the team drives, especially when it performs so well right out of the box, but if a designer/racer were to test new things out, I imagine during competition would be a pretty good way to judge how well it truly performs. *shrugs*

I just ordered a Photon today. Been looking at TC kits for a while and finally just decided to get myself the current Photon. I love the design. I also think the CEFX Evo kit for it is extremely cool and I might eventually buy one for my new car. I'm going to start out with the stock kit, but if I happen to break the chassis or have tweak issues, I'll probably go right to the Evo instead of replacing the stock chassis. I would at least switch to the lipo only chassis and at that point I'd probably just go for the CEFX Evo kit. The stock Photon design is awesome. Josh did a great job. What he has done with the CEFX Evo looks like an improvement on an already awesome design.

Maybe they didn't have a very good contract or maybe everyone's intentions and expectations weren't perfectly clear. I certainly don't know, so speculation is probably not such a wise move on my part, but for some reason I keep typing. This breakup, in the long run, might not be good for TOP, but who knows? Given his creativity and ingenuity, I expect Josh will be perfectly fine. I apologize if someone like me, looking at this from the outside and commenting on it is offensive to anyone or deemed inappropriate, but hey, this is the internet. I doubt I'll say anything further on this particular subject anyway.
There can be so many reasons for the break up, but please remember that a professional car is not build/designed by only 1 guy alone. I am sure that TOP will continue it's succes, in a matter You havent seen before, and I am sure that all of You guys can look forward to a lot more interesting new products from T.O.P.

Soeren Boy Holst
Denmark
*SBH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #4139
Tech Elite
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,696
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Wow Josh is gone from TOP... Having 3 guys at my local track that are super fast with the current car I see first hand that the car works However, if the guy that designed the car feels that it can go faster with upgrades why would TOP not welcome the changes...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #4140
Tech Adept
 
*SBH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Wow Josh is gone from TOP... Having 3 guys at my local track that are super fast with the current car I see first hand that the car works However, if the guy that designed the car feels that it can go faster with upgrades why would TOP not welcome the changes...
Hi Teacher
Remember that the GUY has his own company
*SBH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net