R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #4066
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default Aluminum Bell Crank

Hello Everyone,

We've gotten a lot of requests for an Aluminum Bell Crank and it's on the way. I'll post ETA in a couple days. Only the part which houses the bearing will be made out of aluminum. The 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, and 12mm inserts will also be made in aluminum!

Thanks,

EJ

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #4067
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
what 10.34?

(vince probably ran a 10.2 if you're counting practice now)
Now that's funny right there! When is your next race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
I took his place ! - ha ha ! - Don't think he would have ran Foams !

And I finish 3rd on the podium with the only PHOTON in 17.5 Foam ! What a Blast !

__________________________________________________ __________

--- Josh C you have an email when you get around to it ! And Thank You for the Top deck and help !

tom . . . .

Awesome! good job What setup did you run?

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #4068
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Hello Everyone,

We've gotten a lot of requests for an Aluminum Bell Crank and it's on the way. I'll post ETA in a couple days. Only the part which houses the bearing will be made out of aluminum. The 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, and 12mm inserts will also be made in aluminum!

Thanks,

EJ
Nice, Thanks EJ
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #4069
Tech Master

Here's my set-up from the race.

As you can see, yes I did list CEFX as some of the parts on the car and this is because there is an Evolution coming... CEFX will be releasing a new optional chassis kit for the Photon. Some have seen me developing it since the ROAR Asphalt Nats in '09 and it has since gone through several re-designs with all new concepts and ideas never seen or used before in a TC.

The Photon is one of the most visually different TC's on the market right now and the CEFX Evolution puts it off in another relm that you'll have to see to believe. This project has been in production for a bit now with all the parts and pieces on their way. The aluminum and steel parts arrive today while the graphite panels arrive here later this week/early next week. We will immediatly begin cutting those and we will only be waiting on the production belt for the rear (it's longer).

The official press release will be coming soon with pics and full info about what CEFX is making. For the dealers out there carrying TOP, you will be able to order from CEFX or from TOP Racing USA. Part #s, pricing and pics coming soon!!
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-roar_2010_carpet_nats.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #4070
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default cefx photon

I got to see and study the cefx photon at the carpet nats this past weekend, and the design is unique. It combines the best aspects of the new dedicated lipo chassis', with a completely open and low cg design that makes working on the car fast and easy. Josh's design is in a different league from the stock/original design and the car performed beautifully (although as good a driver as josh is, he probably would have won this race with any photon.)

Josh, keep up the good work.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #4071
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Here's my set-up from the race.

As you can see, yes I did list CEFX as some of the parts on the car and this is because there is an Evolution coming... CEFX will be releasing a new optional chassis kit for the Photon. Some have seen me developing it since the ROAR Asphalt Nats in '09 and it has since gone through several re-designs with all new concepts and ideas never seen or used before in a TC.

The Photon is one of the most visually different TC's on the market right now and the CEFX Evolution puts it off in another relm that you'll have to see to believe. This project has been in production for a bit now with all the parts and pieces on their way. The aluminum and steel parts arrive today while the graphite panels arrive here later this week/early next week. We will immediatly begin cutting those and we will only be waiting on the production belt for the rear (it's longer).

The official press release will be coming soon with pics and full info about what CEFX is making. For the dealers out there carrying TOP, you will be able to order from CEFX or from TOP Racing USA. Part #s, pricing and pics coming soon!!
Great I can't wait.
Does this also mean that you don't develop for TOP it self any more?

Will the chassis also be narrower?
The MI4 is very narrow and that works very good.

And how about the other country's. To who will you distribute the new parts for the Photon?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #4072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Josh allowed me to a close look at his car?!!!? first thing that really stood out was the top deck!! WOW! and everything else he has applied to the car!

all i can say is.... "EVOLUTION" forget the ol' school!! Its time for the NEW School!!

TOP DECK?? "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TOP DECK!!"

Arv...

JOSH!! pm when u send the conversions to MIMIs... put my name on one!! i will purchase the first!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #4073
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
Josh allowed me to a close look at his car?!!!? first thing that really stood out was the top deck!! WOW! and everything else he has applied to the car!

all i can say is.... "EVOLUTION" forget the ol' school!! Its time for the NEW School!!

TOP DECK?? "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TOP DECK!!"

Arv...

JOSH!! pm when u send the conversions to MIMIs... put my name on one!! i will purchase the first!!
The top deck was crazy! It sure looked good on and off the track!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #4074
Tech Master

mikky32 - TOP has been extremely busy keeping up with the current demand of the Photon as well as getting the Sabre and other projects off the ground. With this, there's been little time to focus on the continued development of the Photon which I have been working on a lot in preparation for the coming World Championships. They still have a few new products coming for the Photon that will hopefully be ready for the WC (like the al. steering and others) but I really wanted to push the limits a lot more. I spoke with TOP and they gave me the ok to persue this project on my own since time/staff is so busy with what they have now. I still race and drive for TOP and if they want anything designed for them I will gladly do it. If this works out well maybe a further refined version will end up in the Photon kits down the road but for now CEFX is going to make these parts.

The chassis is not more narrow. I've thought about it a little but I didn't want to leave the battery, motor or electronics handing off the chassis anymore than I have to. Also, with the new motor/battery position the car drives more flat through the corner anyway so there is less roll/chassis touching than previously.

As far as distribution... We haven't looked ahead that far..lol... I figured if we made it and it was good and done right, everyone would come looking for it... I'm sure we'll start hearing from people soon.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #4075
Tech Master

Quote:
mikky32 - TOP has been extremely busy keeping up with the current demand of the Photon as well as getting the Sabre and other projects off the ground. With this, there's been little time to focus on the continued development of the Photon which I have been working on a lot in preparation for the coming World Championships. They still have a few new products coming for the Photon that will hopefully be ready for the WC (like the al. steering and others) but I really wanted to push the limits a lot more. I spoke with TOP and they gave me the ok to persue this project on my own since time/staff is so busy with what they have now. I still race and drive for TOP and if they want anything designed for them I will gladly do it. If this works out well maybe a further refined version will end up in the Photon kits down the road but for now CEFX is going to make these parts.

The chassis is not more narrow. I've thought about it a little but I didn't want to leave the battery, motor or electronics handing off the chassis anymore than I have to. Also, with the new motor/battery position the car drives more flat through the corner anyway so there is less roll/chassis touching than previously.

As far as distribution... We haven't looked ahead that far..lol... I figured if we made it and it was good and done right, everyone would come looking for it... I'm sure we'll start hearing from people soon.
Great. I hope the photo's come soon.
You moved the motor a bit forward.

Is the weight still as much to the center as possible?

I will order straight from you if necessary to get it.
Do you ship to the Netherlands?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #4076
Tech Master

The motor isn't moved forward but the rear differential is moved back. The weight is centered, low and very close to balanced without lead or the weight tray. Yes, we ship all over the world...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #4077
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What ever happen to the rear gear diff ? are they going to produce them for photon?

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #4078
Tech Master

Quote:
The motor isn't moved forward but the rear differential is moved back. The weight is centered, low and very close to balanced without lead or the weight tray. Yes, we ship all over the world...
Thanks that is good news.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #4079
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Any pics to tease us with, Josh?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #4080
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Josh - Excited to see this new CEFX Chassis kit! Is it intended for asphalt or carpet? Any chance that we can pre-order everything that we would need for the conversion?