R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #3856
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
x ray castor blocks
+Thanks
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #3857
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
W2F......LOL

What's the part number and price on those axle sleeves you showed me at Norcal?
Are you going red
What is this world coming too
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #3858
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY F SR View Post
here is a new photon that just hit the track
custom built for me by son L Fairtrace, it is awsome
That is one sweet looking machine Larry!

I have no place to drive one near me (without likely killing it) since the only decent 1/10 scale track within several hours drive just closed down, but I'm probably still going to build a photon similar to yours. I'm just a newb with some mainly plastic crap that I like to run anywhere I can find decent pavement. I'm totally addicted now to rc and my car, while still fun with the brushless motor in it or when I throw my drift tires on, just isn't a true competition touring car. I have to get myself a proper car even if I hardly ever get to drive it. I'm heavily leaning towards the Photon, especially after seeing them drive and seeing pictures like yours. That is one sexy beast you have there.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #3859
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
ANother reason I like top over hudy. U get a single Hudy for $7.79 vs 2@ $6.99 for the Top.
ya then u have the buy the collars for them and thats about 15 for them

i wish top made 6's





on another note i had the day from hell last sat i broke 5 bell cranks with a servo saver

i hope this week will b better
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #3860
Tech Master
 
Rod M's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
PO-DT1007RD Al. Axle Pin Holder (Red)( each 4pcs )
PO-DT1007TI Al. Axle Pin Holder (Titanium)( each 4pcs )

They come in Red Aluminum or in Silver Titanium. Tell Billy to order you some. Did Dujan like them?
These are really good and I recommend them highly,

just make sure you use the pins that come in the packet, not the standard kit ones (as they are a tad too long and you cannot get the sleeves on)
__________________
TOPRACING.NET.AU Australian Importer of:
T.O.P. Tokyo Hobbies Optional Parts,
Team Trinity , BL Motors and Tyre compound
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #3861
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,779
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Bellcrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
ya then u have the buy the collars for them and thats about 15 for them

i wish top made 6's





on another note i had the day from hell last sat i broke 5 bell cranks with a servo saver

i hope this week will b better
5 bellcranks is something binding or hitting the servo case?
__________________
Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #3862
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
5 bellcranks is something binding or hitting the servo case?
nope

im guna try a new servo saver and clip the end of the stub shafts that sticks out past the nut
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #3863
Tech Rookie
 
Gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hungari
Posts: 19
Default

Hi!
Photon win at the Hungarian Muchmore Championships round 7
10,5T rubber
(red wheel nut )
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-p1150003.jpg  
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #3864
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11
Default top 4 sale

I have a spare top, rubber edition for sale. Asking $300 shipped in the states. if you want to contact me or need more pics.
contact me at racer7mjh@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: bmp photontech.bmp (200.4 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by hussel7; 03-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.
hussel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #3865
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,331
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

At the beginning of the first qualifier, I noticed that my car was pulling to the right. Then it would go away, then pull right. Car felt good on the track and lap times were pretty good for the beginning of the day. After setting TQ in round 1 I checked out the car. The kingpin screw was missing from the bottom of the right steering knuckle. Then I noticed that the knuckle was broken. TQ run with a broken knuckle. Not to bad. Turned out to be my worst round of qualifying. TQ'ed 17.5 by 7 seconds. Qualified 2nd in mod by .15. Had a great battle in both mains and took the win in both. What a great day of racing and another great day with the Photon.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #3866
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 83
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
At the beginning of the first qualifier, I noticed that my car was pulling to the right. Then it would go away, then pull right. Car felt good on the track and lap times were pretty good for the beginning of the day. After setting TQ in round 1 I checked out the car. The kingpin screw was missing from the bottom of the right steering knuckle. Then I noticed that the knuckle was broken. TQ run with a broken knuckle. Not to bad. Turned out to be my worst round of qualifying. TQ'ed 17.5 by 7 seconds. Qualified 2nd in mod by .15. Had a great battle in both mains and took the win in both. What a great day of racing and another great day with the Photon.
Good job buddy
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #3867
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,331
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchy View Post
Good job buddy
Thanks. It was a good day.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #3868
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Got to take a few laps on asphalt yesterday (seems like it's been forever).

The car was awesome. Anyone coming to the onroad Nats in August, we'll have a setup for you!
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #3869
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
At the beginning of the first qualifier, I noticed that my car was pulling to the right. Then it would go away, then pull right. Car felt good on the track and lap times were pretty good for the beginning of the day. After setting TQ in round 1 I checked out the car. The kingpin screw was missing from the bottom of the right steering knuckle. Then I noticed that the knuckle was broken. TQ run with a broken knuckle. Not to bad. Turned out to be my worst round of qualifying. TQ'ed 17.5 by 7 seconds. Qualified 2nd in mod by .15. Had a great battle in both mains and took the win in both. What a great day of racing and another great day with the Photon.
Good job!
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #3870
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
That is one sweet looking machine Larry!

I have no place to drive one near me (without likely killing it) since the only decent 1/10 scale track within several hours drive just closed down, but I'm probably still going to build a photon similar to yours. I'm just a newb with some mainly plastic crap that I like to run anywhere I can find decent pavement. I'm totally addicted now to rc and my car, while still fun with the brushless motor in it or when I throw my drift tires on, just isn't a true competition touring car. I have to get myself a proper car even if I hardly ever get to drive it. I'm heavily leaning towards the Photon, especially after seeing them drive and seeing pictures like yours. That is one sexy beast you have there.
locked, sounds like you need to move closer to a track! I'm sure there are other guys near you in the same situation. Find some decent asphalt and start a club!
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net