R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
TOP Racing USA topracingusa@yahoo.com 650-583-8898

We will be away at the Reedy race until next week
My wife and son are in Toyko as I type this... They want to bring me back
something and I really would like it to be the Photon

This is the first and only time she will offer this on a limited time bases....

I really would like her to go across the bay to the TOP headquarters and get one to bring back...

If she just happened to be in area could she say drop in and sneak one out?!?!?

Hey its worth a try... What the hell else would I let her go there...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #362
Tech Master

I was hoping a TOP team member would respond, as to the which body they have found for the Photon is best for the asphalt.

I already know the Mazda 6, not the speed 6, is the consensus choice for most chassis, and has been for a number of years. I'm looking for the best body to run on the Photon on a med high to high bite track, where the wing and body are cut to ROAR specs.

I'm currently running my Losi JRXS with a LTC R body, in low to medium bite conditions and the R9 R in med high to high bite conditions. Most of the other chassis have not had any luck running the R9 R body, but the JRXS is just awesome on the high bite track with it. Conclusion, there is an optimum body for each chassis to tune for best performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLessard View Post
IMO, The Mazda speed 6 is the best overall of all the bodies you listed (regardless of chassis) , 2nd would be the Mazda 6
Old 05-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #363
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to JustinLessard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtveten View Post
I was hoping a TOP team member would respond, as to the which body they have found for the Photon is best for the asphalt.

I already know the Mazda 6, not the speed 6, is the consensus choice for most chassis, and has been for a number of years. I'm looking for the best body to run on the Photon on a med high to high bite track, where the wing and body are cut to ROAR specs.

I'm currently running my Losi JRXS with a LTC R body, in low to medium bite conditions and the R9 R in med high to high bite conditions. Most of the other chassis have not had any luck running the R9 R body, but the JRXS is just awesome on the high bite track with it. Conclusion, there is an optimum body for each chassis to tune for best performance.
It was my Opinion, I've been partial to the speed 6 since winning the roar nats with it but body preference depends alot of your driving style and how the downforce complements your setups.

I am also a TOP team driver
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

i hear parma pse is working on a new rubber body

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #365
Tech Elite

Quote:

If you look at the manual that was posted a few pages back you will see that both the box setups have been developed around the Protoform MazdaSpeed6 shell.

Almost every rubber tyre race I see pictures of has every car running a Mazda shell.

I don't agree with your assertion that every chassis has an optimum body. It's like saying every chassis has an optimum front spring rate. The body is another tuning aid. The Mazda's just seem to offer a good fundamental balance of grip that suits most racers.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Although I think Justin's answer is sufficient,I can say that after practicing with EJ Evans and Kevin Jelich for the last couple days while they are prepping for the Reedy,they ran both bodies but it seemed in the end,the Speed6 seemed to be the clear choice.They were fastest with this particular body.Hope this is now a sufficient answer for you.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #367
Tech Master

Thanks for your answers. That's the info I was looking for. I've only raced the xray and the Losi JRXS most recently and have found the LTC R to be an improvement over the Mazda shells for those two respective chassis. Since the Photon has been developed around the Mazda speed 6 shell, what chassis tuning change would you suggest, being that the Mazda shells will no longer be legal, and right now the only legal bodies are the LTC R and the R9 R, (rubber tire only), or do you see Dale reworking the Speed 6 to conform to the new rules?
Sorry, I did not realize you were a TOP team driver. Best of luck at the Reedy.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #368
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
the Mazda shells will no longer be legal, and right now the only legal bodies are the LTC R and the R9 R, (rubber tire only), or do you see Dale reworking the Speed 6 to conform to the new rules?
What? Where was this posted/announced?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #369
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
What? Where was this posted/announced?
I'm pretty sure they have already been reworked to meet the GBS rules or what ever.. Hard to believe they changed the rules already..
Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 AM   #370
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
being that the Mazda shells will no longer be legal, and right now the only legal bodies are the LTC R and the R9 R, (rubber tire only), or do you see Dale reworking the Speed 6 to conform to the new rules?

The Mazda Speed 6 is defiantly GBS approved. As a matter of fact at the ROAR carpet nationals it was on every car in the a-main.

EJ's Got his Photon looking pretty dam good at Reedy Race. He was the only one to go 18 laps on the first day of practice....
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #371
Tech Master

I was referring to the ROAR extension they gave the bodies, I think it was in May of last year, where they said they would expire at the end of 2008. I missed their updated approval. Do they have the same serial numbers, as last years shells, or are they reworked with new numbers? I don't want to use an old nonconforming shell if they have changed. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #372
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
I was referring to the ROAR extension they gave the bodies, I think it was in May of last year, where they said they would expire at the end of 2008. I missed their updated approval. Do they have the same serial numbers, as last years shells, or are they reworked with new numbers? I don't want to use an old nonconforming shell if they have changed. Thanks.
If it say GBS in the back window its the new one.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #373
Tech Master

Thanks Ron, I guess I'll have to paint up some new ones.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #374
Tech Master

Photon is dominating the stock and the mod.
EJ and Josh are winning head after head.

good job guys!!!
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #375
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still waiting to see a store price...
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote