R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #3601
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I can't wait till the summer starts. I have 1 race indoor to go but I want to race on tarmac again.

I'm now testing some motors.
I want a Nemesis and A Tekin motor. The Tekin motor looks good in the TOP.
How is the medium rubber top plate doing?
I have a rubber kit and I'm thinking of the rubber medium top plate for a bit more stiffness.
I found a lot of steer in the last race and I hope I will have it also on the Tarmac. I'm going to drive with a similar setup and the Solaris tires.
I will try the medium and the hard tires.
The hard for the warm wetter and the medium for the cold days.
To be honest with you I never ran the stock rubber car. When I built mine I built it with the 2.0 chassis and medium deck. It was very good but I had a issue with developing too much traction. Now I have the foam chassis on the car and the foam top deck and its much fast thru the entire corner and super consistent.
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #3602
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,771
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I ran Ron's car in 17.5 this week for fun and with his car straight from the track at the Birds I put .3 on the next fastest car for hot lap and I did a few of them. And I never practiced with it ran one qual and the main.

Our birds setup works good on med bite carpet for sure. My 13.5 car was good too this week. If you dont have a ton of cars running on your track I would try the setup.

We just changed our layout so bite was med at the end of the day.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #3603
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Default One peice Photon Spur gear By TFracing

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
These pictures are of prototypes, it would be useful if you could PM me on relevant sizes you use, 48dp and 64dp
New one piece spur gear from Tfracing in the UK, this spur gear saves the need of the 2 halves and the little screws, this way you pop the shaft in and the bearings and drop it in ,very easy and quick to use and saves time.
Its made from light weight Delrin, we also have a front spool made of the same product. can be made in 64dp or 48dp it does come with the belt guides see posting below
Any interested parties send me a PM.

Last edited by tfracing; 02-16-2010 at 07:26 AM.
tfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #3604
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Default Tfracing Delrin Front Spool

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
This the other new product from Tfracing in the UK, made of light weight delrin, these are not molded they are machined up for exact fit. fitted with alloy clips on the end to stop expanding they sit in a cut slot for perfect fit any interested parties email me a PM.

Last edited by tfracing; 02-16-2010 at 07:17 AM.
tfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #3605
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

The spur gear is definitely interesting but I don't see a lip on the side of the pulley gear. Have you had any issues with the belt sliding off the side and wedging between the bulkhead?
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 AM   #3606
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
The spur gear is definitely interesting but I don't see a lip on the side of the pulley gear. Have you had any issues with the belt sliding off the side and wedging between the bulkhead?
imo, i think the belt will slide off from the pulley if running too loose....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #3607
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Default

There are belt guides just like the kit ones, but I left them off to show the gears better they are included. its a difficult product to take a picture of to get everything you are trying to show.
tfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #3608
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfracing View Post
There are belt guides just like the kit ones, but I left them off to show the gears better they are included. its a difficult product to take a picture of to get everything you are trying to show.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting product. What 64 pitch tooth count are you offering them in?
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #3609
Tech Initiate
 
brunelli ale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfracing View Post
This the other new product from Tfracing in the UK, made of light weight delrin, these are not molded they are machined up for exact fit. fitted with alloy clips on the end to stop expanding they sit in a cut slot for perfect fit any interested parties email me a PM.
I sent U a PM!
brunelli ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #3610
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
To be honest with you I never ran the stock rubber car. When I built mine I built it with the 2.0 chassis and medium deck. It was very good but I had a issue with developing too much traction. Now I have the foam chassis on the car and the foam top deck and its much fast thru the entire corner and super consistent.
You use the foam chassis and top plate also on tarmac?
Last year I drove 1 race with a club member his Photon and the car field good. It was stable and my lap times were good and consistent.
I was looking for a bit more steer but I found it now for indoor and I now now how to get it for on the Tarmac.
Will the foam chassis and top plate not make the car to stiff or do you use the rubber small top plates?
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #3611
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default Snowbirds

Just letting everyone know Jason Schreffler's Snowbrids Race Report is up on the TOP Racing USA site. www.topracingusa.com
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #3612
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
You use the foam chassis and top plate also on tarmac?
Last year I drove 1 race with a club member his Photon and the car field good. It was stable and my lap times were good and consistent.
I was looking for a bit more steer but I found it now for indoor and I now now how to get it for on the Tarmac.
Will the foam chassis and top plate not make the car to stiff or do you use the rubber small top plates?

Mikky sorry I read your post wrong that is for carpet. Our asphalt season hasn't started yet so I have yet to play around with anything. I do think I will go back to the 2.0 chassis to start and go from there. I will let you know when we start running outside again.
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #3613
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Mikky sorry I read your post wrong that is for carpet. Our asphalt season hasn't started yet so I have yet to play around with anything. I do think I will go back to the 2.0 chassis to start and go from there. I will let you know when we start running outside again.
ok thanks.
Last year the few days I drove on tarmac the car field very good.
I wanted a bit more stiffness that's why I was thinking of the rubber medium top plate.
I'm also thinking about the medium little plates.
I start first with this and than see what I do.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3614
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Make a one piece bellcrank and ill buy one.
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #3615
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

I found this on the website.

http://www.topracingusa.com/driver_profile.htm
__________________
E.Albano

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)

Last edited by Mini-Mod; 02-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net